PDA

View Full Version : Truenamer Golem Master

Nettlekid
2013-09-05, 01:03 AM
I know Truenamers suck. We're all well aware of this. The best Truenamer builds use as little of the class's actual features as possible. For example, one of the best Truenamer PrCs is the Fiendbinder, which just has to hit a couple of DCs and lets the fiends do the work. Operating on that same thought...Might a Truenamer with gold to spare make a powerful master of Constructs?

I first thought of this when I saw the flavor text, one of many splattered throughout Tome of Magic, "'Unevanskillaubkrandechagh’plovarrith!'—Utterance of rebuild item, delivered by Krentil Orgautham to revive the golems that guarded the Tower of Vines."

Think about that. The single utterance, Rebuild Item, can bring a golem that's been dead for one round back to full HP. At level 17, with Speak Unto the Masses, you can revive many at the same time (if they all died at the same time.) You could be an eternally rebuilding fortress. What would you need to make this work?

Since I expect this would be at high levels, for the cost of constructs and all, you'd need significant defensive abilities to protect yourself. Buying a Grisgol or Runic Guardian would allow you to have a selection of spells to buff yourself with, hopefully so you don't die by any wizard passing by. What other constructs might make good minions? I took a look at this handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=177.0), and some that stood out were the Gold Golem with its energy immunity, Juggernaut with its Wall of Force and Forcecage at will, and Scouring Slinger/Scouring Stanchion for having a pool of HP between them, making great tanks. The Sardorian Golem also seems to be unique in that I *think* it's 3.5 (?) but is immune to ALL spells (nothing mentioned about SR), and immune to all psionic powers that allow PR.

So yeah, what might a build based around that be like? Is there any way to force certain types of attacks to hit certain minions (maybe by swapping the minions' places as an immediate action somehow?)