PDA

View Full Version : [PF] alternate classes

geekintheground
2013-09-05, 02:03 AM
can an alternate class (ninja, antipaladin, samurai) use an archtype from the original class (rogue, paladin, cavalier respectively)?
for example, could i make a knife master ninja?

Keneth
2013-09-05, 02:11 AM
Yes, as long as you have the class features that are supposed to be replaced, you can take the archetype.

geekintheground
2013-09-05, 02:13 AM
thanks, and sorry. this should have been in the RAW thread at the top. i always forget its there :smallredface::smalleek:

Keneth
2013-09-05, 02:27 AM
I suppose you could have, yes. Unless you were expecting a conversation on the matter. :smalltongue:

Craft (Cheese)
2013-09-05, 02:44 AM
Yes, as long as you have the class features that are supposed to be replaced, you can take the archetype.

Since the Ninja doesn't have Trapfinding/Trap Sense, no, you can't be a Knife Master Ninja. If you really wanna play one though then suggest to your DM giving up Poison Use and No Trace instead of Trapfinding/Trap Sense.

geekintheground
2013-09-05, 09:55 AM
i'll ask, thank you!

magwaaf
2013-09-05, 08:49 PM
oh man, samurai is bitchin! i played it we just called it "knight" instead. the resolve ability is amazing especially at level 9 added on to having a druid pet is just awesome. i got to level 10 and it just played so well. i was a dwarf that used his mount to get into combat, ride check to get down and then flank and bash, or i just went normal mounted combat challenged and charged!