PDA

View Full Version : dread neco and spell stitching

ILetGoOfTheRope
2013-09-05, 07:15 AM
I'm currently playing a necropolitan dread Necro in a campaign and I was wondering if I spell stitch myself then get a true ressurection cast at 19 to do the whole lich thing at 20 do Iloose the spell stiching? at all , permanently, or just until I become undead again? Also am I capable of spell stitching myself (since we cast sorc wiz and cleric spells) or do I have to get an actual wizard or sorcerer do it? I'm looking for a general consensus so please the more arguments we get for either side the easier it will be for my dm to decide how he wants to handle it.

Mystia
2013-09-05, 07:38 AM
I think that you'll lose the template, since you'd no longer qualify for its prerequisites after the resurrection (the undead part), and you'd have to re-stitch yourself after lichdom.
As for who gets to do the stitching, I think it's kinda up to the DM. RAW says it must be a wizard or sorcerer with enough level to cast the spells, even if I think its perfectly viable for a DN to be able to be it... Still, again, the final word is the DM's. Mine still had me having to find one sorcerer/wizard for it.