PDA

View Full Version : The Minstrel who Merrily Munches on Morsels of Munchkins

Zanfire
2013-09-05, 02:01 PM
I had a slightly sadistic idea, that throughly creeps me out, for a lesser villain. I have the general idea for a backstory and motivation, and his thematic flavor and tactics. Even have a skeletal build outline (although its not legal, which is the main reason I'm turning to the playground).

Essentially he's a wondering troubadour, that moves from town to town with his merry band of fools and minstrels. However, children mysteriously vanish in his wake, and no one in the town has anymore than a vague recollection of music, laughter and lights after his performances.

He appears to be an abnormally tall and thin man who always wears a large swirling red trench coat, cape and tall pointy hat and carries a cain. His troupe a motley, yet comely bunch of colorful jesters, magicians, dancers, singers, and musicians. Yet, this is all an illusion. He is but a gaunt skeleton of a man, with sunken hollow eyes, split fingernails and sharp teeth. His troupe no more than the shadows of the children he has abducted and not yet feasted upon.

He strolls into towns under the cover of many illusions and begins his song and dance. Bewitching and charming all the townsfolk. As he sings his song and dances his dance, the illusions slowly fade as he summons shadows and imps and other lesser demons and devils and the like to do his bidding. All the while the townsfolk are now too enchanted to take notice or are helpless to stop him if they do.

As he continues dancing around merrily singing his tune, his shadows and corrupted children go about ran sacking the town, stripping the villagers of their children, coin and any other valuable trinkets.

Eventually night falls and the tall thin man finishes his song and leaves, taking with him all the town's children and wealth, leaving the town half destroyed, dead and burning, yet the remaining townsfolk still singing his song and dancing amongst the flames and rubble in the streets.

It isn't until the next day the charms begin to fade and the townsfolk begin feeling strange, never fully realizing what happened and hazily go back to their lives and rebuild their town, knowing their children are gone, their town is in ruins and half of them are dead, yet not finding any of it strange.

So my question is how would you build this sadistic villain?

My vain horribly illegal attempt:
Whisper Gnome

Beguiler 2/ Prc Bard 1/ Spelldancer 1/ Shadowcraft Mage 5/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 9

Willing deformity: Tall
Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-05, 02:35 PM
I am thinking warlock actualy. Beguiling influence and charm at will. Then go into chameleon for spells and other goodies.

Warlock 5-6 / Marshal 2 / Chameleon 10 / Warlock 2-3

Ok, you have good abilities, including at will charm and bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate that are though the roof with ranks+Cha*2+6 as a baseline and free skillfocus diplomacy.

You slide into town with a show, charming people and winning them over. You cast dominate as a 4th level spell from the bard list and with you able to cast it 10 or so times a day. You dominate the children and make off with them, and nobody can find you because in the next town you are a completely different person, able to start the nightmare all over again.