PDA

View Full Version : Master of Spellthief Masks

Zombimode
2013-09-05, 02:48 PM
Son of Zeals PRC tier system lists Master of Mask as +1 for when entered with a Spellthief. Now, Master of Masks doesn't advance the Spellthief's Steal Spell class feature. I thought that Master Spellthief would fix that problem, but to my reading, it doesn't. Master Spellthief let levels that grant arcane casting stack with Spellthief levels for Steal Spell (among other things). But Master of Masks doesn't grant arcane casting.

So what I'm missing here?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-05, 02:53 PM
Savage, Archmage, and Assassin masks are all excellent for a spellthief. Spellthief is t4 anyway, and MoM, while not advancing casting, lets you tier up because it greatly increases your global applicability.

dysprosium
2013-09-05, 03:01 PM
Archmage mask gives +2 to caster level for your spellcasting ability which for a spellthief is woefully low.

Assassin mask grants more sneak attack which is nice for our spellthief since in order to steal spells, the spellthief has to sacrifice 1d6 of sneak attack.

Gladiator mask grants use of all martial and exotic weapons so that opens the door for more range/versatility with delivering those sneak attacks.

Master of Masks also does grant spellcasting increases, though at 4/10 it's not too much anyway.

Zombimode
2013-09-05, 03:13 PM
Savage, Archmage, and Assassin masks are all excellent for a spellthief. Spellthief is t4 anyway, and MoM, while not advancing casting, lets you tier up because it greatly increases your global applicability.

Hm, ok, I get that.

But still, entering MoM with Spellthief seems impractical since it requires two skill at 8 ranks that aren't class skills.

Amphetryon
2013-09-05, 04:04 PM
Hm, ok, I get that.

But still, entering MoM with Spellthief seems impractical since it requires two skill at 8 ranks that aren't class skills.

Silverbrow Human with the Apprentice: Entertainer Feat takes care of that problem, if you're so inclined.