PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the Penultimate Exalted Healer

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-05, 03:25 PM
So I already got permission from my DM for all of this. In regards to the two different deities, my character worships an equivalent for the setting called The Light Bringer. The build is as follows:

Thanks to the Dynamic Priest feat and some class features at level 18+ I will be spamming Cure Critical wounds to heal some serious amounts.

Usual heal done by the spell is 4d8+Caster Level

I'll be casting heals at 20th caster level, 17 levels of healer, +1 CL due to healing domain, +1 CL due to mitigate suffering, +1 CL due to touch of healing.

So healing done will be 4d8+20

Let's remember Healing Hands though, thanks to the healer class.

So, it'll be: 4d8+20+Cha

But then we need to apply Mishakal's Light as well.

4d8+20+2(Cha)

But wait, we have metamagic feats, let's add those.

Reach: for some range.
Chain: to heal your whole team at once.
Twin: to heal double.
Maximise: to heal even more.

So, now the cure critical wounds spell is now...
A 30' ray that chains to any target within 30' of the previous target that heals for:

104+4(Cha)

But wait, wouldn't this require being able to cast a level 16 spell, which doesn't actually exist?

Nope, because it's a cure spell we can reduce it to only +9 spell levels. (Mastery of Day and Night)

Then we can further reduce the spell level decrease of the spell by one.(Metamagic Spellshaper 3)

So that will leave us with +8 spell levels. So, a Level 12 spell. That's fine, right? Of course not, you can't cast those. So let's take advantage of Metamagic Manipulation (Su) and take 8 temporary Dex damage instead.

But wait, that's pretty steep. We want to spam this!
And that's why you'll learn to love mitigate suffering.

With it we can give ourselves temporary ability points equal to 2 + 1/Highest level of Restoration or Conjuration(Healing) you have prepared to make up for ability damage. So seeing as you should have at least such a spell prepared as a level 6 or higher you can use this any turn as a standard action to give you the 8 Dex back.

Now that we've got it settled that you can cast Cure critical wounds as "A 30' ray that chains to any target within 30' of the previous target that heals for: 104+4(Cha)" every other turn thanks to a mix of Mitigate Suffering and Metamagic Manipulation we can move on.

Now you have a class features that further increases our healing production.
Mishakal's Strength.

Unless someone could clarify, to the best of my interpretation, together they allow cure spells to heal for 200% the normal amount. Been Clarified, adjusted accordingly

So that will leave our cure critical wound spell healing everyone designated in the chain (cause you are going to shoot yourself with the ray):
156+6(Cha) every other turn if need be, but again we forget the twin spell happening after mishakal's strength (silly me)
So it'd be 208+6(Cha)
Seeing as CHA is the main casting and all around awesome stat for you, lets assume that it started at 18, then it should be around 33(a +11 modifier) by level 20.
So that leads us to:
"A 30' ray that chains to any target within 30' of the previous target that heals for 274 every other turn. That you can use 37+ times a day.

So, awesome right?

Cloistered Cleric 1

Aura (Ex)
Sun, Healing, and Knowledge Domains
Spontaneous Casting
Turn Undead (Su)
Lore (Ex)

Healer 7

Healing Hands (+Cha Mod to cure spells)
Cleanse Paralysis (Su)
Cleanse Disease (Su)
Cleanse Fear (Su)
Cleanse Poison (Su)
Effortless Healing (Ex) (Can cast spells from the healing subschool without provoking AoO)

Metaphysical Spellshaper 3

Metamagic Manipulation (Su)
Metamagic Mastery

Healing Hand of Mishakal 5

Mishakal’s Resolve (Su) (Doesn't provoke AoO when casting any spell with the healing descriptor)
Pacifism
Mishakal’s Light (Su) (+ Cha Mod to any spell that cures hit point damage)
Mishakal’s Peace (Ex) (Free Silent Spell to Healing spells)
Mishakal’s Mercy (Su)
Mishakal’s Strength (Ex) ("A healing hand’s curative magic is strengthened at 5th level. Any cure spell she casts restores half again as may hit points as normal (as with the Empower Spell feat). This does not change the effective level of these spells.")

Radiant Servant of Pelor 2

Radiance
Extra Greater Turning
Turn Undead
Divine Health (Ex)
Empower Healing (Ex) ("When a Radiant Servant of Pelor of at least 2nd level casts a spell from the Healing domain, that spell is affected as though by the Empower Spell feat. This spell does not use up a higher-level slot.")

Replace with two levels of something, any PrC that fully progresses Divine casting would work.
Saint

Con +2
Wis +2
Cha +4

Feats by Level:

1. Sacred Vow
3. Touch of Healing
6. Chain Spell
9. Mitigate Suffering
12. Extra Turning
15. Mastery of Day and Night
18. Twin Spell

Feats through Class/Race/Flaws:

Human: Vow of Poverty
Flaw: Reach Spell
Flaw: Dynamic Priest (Healer)
Healer: Skill Focus (Heal)
Metamagic Spellshaper: Maximise Spell

Feats through Poverty:

1. Vow of Nonviolence
2. Vow of Peace
4. Nimbus of Light
6. Gift of Discernment
8. Holy Radiance
10. Exalted Turning
12. Stigmata
14. Touch of Golden Ice
16. Words of Creation
18. ?
20. ?

Chronos
2013-09-05, 09:13 PM
So, if this is the penultimate healer, what's the ultimate one?

CyberThread
2013-09-05, 09:15 PM
bard + healing word.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-06, 08:44 AM
So, if this is the penultimate healer, what's the ultimate one?

Well it would be presumptuous of me to claim it was the best healer ever. There can always be a better one!

bard + healing word.

Where is that in 3.5? Or is it pathfinder?

Der_DWSage
2013-09-06, 09:10 AM
Call me a stick in the mud, but couldn't you just cast Mass Heal and save yourself a whole bunch of feats, in exchange for a little less healing and less finagling of various chains of events? Not to mention that Heal fixes a whole host of afflictions.

232 to people in a 30 foot radius is better than 180, (Assuming no cheese in the latter's casting) but...frankly, I'd rather just stick with your basic Cleric than have to go to all that trouble for an extra 50 HP. (Or pick up a string of Prayer Beads for that +4 to CL to make up the difference.)

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-06, 09:30 AM
Call me a stick in the mud, but couldn't you just cast Mass Heal and save yourself a whole bunch of feats, in exchange for a little less healing and less finagling of various chains of events? Not to mention that Heal fixes a whole host of afflictions.

232 to people in a 30 foot radius is better than 180, (Assuming no cheese in the latter's casting) but...frankly, I'd rather just stick with your basic Cleric than have to go to all that trouble for an extra 50 HP. (Or pick up a string of Prayer Beads for that +4 to CL to make up the difference.)

Well with the build, you will have on average 33 Cha by level 20, seeing as it will be the main stat. Giving your heals not 232, but 312 to up to 20 persons in the chain. As was discussed in this thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265812) with just the one level dip in cleric the healer class would be allowed to prepare it's usual 4th level and higher spells and cast them spontaneously as cure critical wounds. So you'll be able to cast this 37 times per day rather than the 4 times a level 20 cleric can cast mass heal.

Chronos
2013-09-06, 09:33 AM
Also, if you're tossing around that much healing with a Cure spell, you really want to add the Initiate of Ilmater feat. Most targets don't even have that many HP, which would mean that most of it would be wasted, but Initiate of Ilmater lets you turn the excess into temporary HP, up to three times the target's HD. You'll still probably be wasting some, but not as much.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-06, 09:39 AM
Also, if you're tossing around that much healing with a Cure spell, you really want to add the Initiate of Ilmater feat. Most targets don't even have that many HP, which would mean that most of it would be wasted, but Initiate of Ilmater lets you turn the excess into temporary HP, up to three times the target's HD. You'll still probably be wasting some, but not as much.

Unfortunately, that would require 7th level cleric (Only taking the one level dip for turn undead and the spontaneous casting class feature) And I've already done enough of a stretch with "The Lightbringer" with the DM for me to try and throw in a third deity that doesn't even have to do with light in to the mix. Thanks for the idea though. I'll use it with a future healer.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-06, 09:39 AM
Get a bard to follow you around with a healing hymn. This would increase your healing by his RANKS in perform. This would add 20 or so more healing to each target.

Der_DWSage
2013-09-06, 09:40 AM
...I'm clearly missing something here, and I suspect it's the Metamagic Manipulation feat that I don't recognize offhand. So I'm guessing that lets you take the added metamagic levels as stat damage, rather than actually cast it as a 9th level spell, which is what I was assuming at first. So, good find. I don't know why I'm not more impressed with it.

As for that link though...you realize that's cheese on a level that few GMs would allow, yes? Technically correct is not always the best kind of correct.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-06, 09:43 AM
Get a bard to follow you around with a healing hymn. This would increase your healing by his RANKS in perform. This would add 20 or so more healing to each target.

So... Beautiful. :redface: Seeing as the spell would be twinned, it would heal an extra bonus worth double the rank in perform. Wait, no.. the class features. It would be 4x the bard's perform rank! Now to conscript a bard.

...I'm clearly missing something here, and I suspect it's the Metamagic Manipulation feat that I don't recognize offhand. So I'm guessing that lets you take the added metamagic levels as stat damage, rather than actually cast it as a 9th level spell, which is what I was assuming at first. So, good find. I don't know why I'm not more impressed with it.

As for that link though...you realize that's cheese on a level that few GMs would allow, yes? Technically correct is not always the best kind of correct.

The DM already okayed this, one of the reasons being the restrictions of thrown myself into to accomplish this. My character's class more or less allows it to only heal and provide various support, with a feat and a class feature that forces me to not deal damage, and to be bound to poverty. I may be healing up a storm at level 20. But I still have to make it there with the restrictions imposed.

And yes, it is the metamagic manipulation class feature that is allowing that.

Chronos
2013-09-06, 11:11 AM
If it's the class I'm thinking it is, the actual name is "metaphysical spellshaper". From a book that most DMs won't allow.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-06, 11:30 AM
If it's the class I'm thinking it is, the actual name is "metaphysical spellshaper". From a book that most DMs won't allow.

I knew the name was wrong and will fix it. Just can never remember the correct one. The DM already knows about the book it comes from. Thankfully so, seeing as the build is dependent on it.