PDA

View Full Version : ipad quote sugestions

Balain
2013-09-05, 04:22 PM
So I am thinking of getting an ipad for school.

My friends that have ipads have engraved quotes on the back of theirs. An example of one "This is not the ipad you are looking for"

I was thinking of doing an OOtS one but so far all I have come up with I think is kind of lame. The best so far "I AM A SEXY SHOELESS IPAD OF WAR"

Can you think of something better?

Emmerask
2013-09-05, 04:58 PM
Even if this is more then likely not what you want as answer but my initial question would be... why? ^^

Dont get me wrong pads are nice little gadgets for browsing or other leisure time activities, but for productivity they frankly suck :smallwink:

Any netbook even the cheap ones are vastly better in pretty much every single regard, storage space, available software solutions, having a real keyboard (I know you can buy it extra but that is extra ^^).

So if its actually for school work like programming, typing the lessons, using programs like excel or similar, math stuff etcetc netbooks or notebooks are just better :smallwink:

Sorry again if that is not want you wanted to hear which I am pretty sure about... anyway "I AM A SEXY SHOELESS IPAD OF WAR" sounds good to me

Balain
2013-09-05, 05:23 PM
Oh I have a desktop and 2 laptops already. One bought for school last year. The ipad is more for notes and the odd little things, also being in computer science working on some ios projects here and there(with some friends when they can help). If I actually decided to go further with them and get a license from apple so others can see how great our apps are lol , an ipad could be useful.

Emmerask
2013-09-05, 06:55 PM
Ah yes that makes perfect sense then, having the real device instead of the vd is a huge benefit especially so if the ios virtual device is as bad as the android one (which is TERRIBLE!).
Anyway good luck to you :smallsmile:

GoblinArchmage
2013-09-05, 07:21 PM
Pick a Bill Gates quote, because that would be funny.

Tebryn
2013-09-05, 07:24 PM
"Not a member of the Justice League because I don't support Flash."

Grinner
2013-09-05, 07:32 PM
Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298777) three (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298550) threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288713) of them.

Alternatively, pick something important to you. That might be too much money for a stupid joke.

Pick a Bill Gates quote, because that would be funny.

Yes, it would.

GolemsVoice
2013-09-06, 06:29 AM
I came, I saw, iPad?

Jack Squat
2013-09-08, 07:43 AM
Why not do a custom skin instead of an engraving? From the site I saw, it was about $35-40 dollars. It's not permanent, so you aren't stuck with one quote that you may get bored with, and you can add a picture for context instead of just the couple lines of barely visible text - you could probably even get someone in the arts and crafts section to draw you up something custom to use.

Socratov
2013-09-08, 09:13 AM
:vaarsuvius: Bugsby's expressive single digit

mistformsquirrl
2013-09-09, 12:44 PM
No I prepared explosive runes this morning.?

For shame! <_<

Runestar
2013-09-14, 04:03 AM
My advice is to simply do away with the engraving, and hold off for another month if you can, because I think Apple will be refreshing their tablet lineup sometime in October.