PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Fable (PEACH)

JerichoPenumbra
2013-09-05, 05:22 PM
This is a bloodline for Grod_The_Giant's excellent Legend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276481) class. I always enjoyed Welknair's revitalization of Bloodlines (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208703) and I hope I do them justice.

Fable

{table=head] Level |
Minor |
Intermediate |
Major

1 | | | Knowledge (Local) +2
2 | | Knowledge (Local) +2 | Deeds (Mortal) - 1st, Unstoppable Strike +1d6, Aspect
3 | | | Ability 1 +1
4 | Knowledge (Local) +2 | Deeds (Mortal) - 1st, Unstoppable Strike +1d6 | Mind over Metal +1
5 | | | Greatness Affinity +2
6 | | Ability 1 +1 | Deeds (Mortal) - 2nd, Unstoppable Strike +2d6
7 | | | Skill 1 +2
8 | Deeds (Mortal) - 1st, Unstoppable Strike +1d6 |Mind over Metal +1 | Fabled Resilience
9 | | | Ability 2 +1
10 | | Greatness Affinity +2 | Deeds (Heroic) - 1st, Unstoppable Strike +3d6
11 | | | Greatness Affinity +4
12 | Ability 1 +1 | Deeds (Mortal) - 2nd, Unstoppable Strike +2d6 | Mind over Metal +2
13 | | | Skill 2 +2
14 | | Intimidate +2 | Deeds (Heroic) - 2nd, Unstoppable Strike +4d6
15 | | | Ability 3 +1
16 | Mind over Metal +1 | Fabled Resilience | Unconstrained Tale
17 | | | Greatness Affinity +6
18 | | Ability 2 +1 | Deeds (Legendary), Unstoppable Strike +5d6
19 | | | Skill 3 +2
20 | Greatness Affinity +2 | Deeds (Heroic) - 1st, Unstoppable Strike +3d6 | Shrouded in Myth
[/table]

Deeds: The main power the Fable acquires is that of their Deeds. They gain Deeds of the indicated levels when indicated in the above table. The Fable is treated as a Legend of 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength for the purpose of determining the effects of the Deeds and the save DC. For Deeds that refer to a key ability score, your key ability score is the first ability you receive a bonus towards based on your Aspect.

Unstoppable Strike: Determination and can be all that you need to strike down a mighty foe. The Fable can as a standard action, make a single melee or ranged attack at his full base attack bonus. If it hits, it adds the listed amount to the damage roll.

Aspect: The Fable selects one of three Aspects: Ruler, Leader, or Hermit. Once selected, a Fable cannot change his Aspect

Ability 1-3 +1: The Fable gains bonuses to ability scores derived from their Aspect.

Mind over Metal: Just like their Legend brethren, the Fables have the capacity to make their equipment superior just by wielding them. They gain the Mind over Metal ability of the Legend, using the indicated number as their enhancement bonus.

Greatness Affinity: Fables often run into Legends, heroes, and villians. The Fable gains a bonus on all social interaction checks with individuals of higher level.

Skill 1-3 +2: The Fable inherits natural talents in a number of skills based on their Aspect. These skills are derived from the appropriate Aspect below.

Fabled Resilience: Fables aren't as steadfast as their Legend counterparts but are still quite hardy. They gain a bonus to all saving throws equal to their Mind over Metal enhancement.

Unconstrained Tale: If a Fable is affected by a stunning or dazing effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Shrouded in Myth: A Fable of this level becomes that of myth, no one truly certain about their exploits or capabilities. The Fable is treated as being under a continuous Nondetection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/nondetection.htm) effect as an extraordinary ability with caster level equal to their level. They are treated as the caster for the purpose of determining the Difficulty Class.

The Ruler
Abilities: Charisma, Dexterity, Wisdom
Skills: Intimidate, Bluff, Diplomacy

The Leader
Abilities: Intelligence, Strength, Charisma
Skills: Appraise, Perform (Oratory), Sense Motive

The Hermit
Abilities: Wisdom, Constitution, Intelligence
Skills: Sense Motive, Autohypnosis, Concentration

Fables who become Legends:
A Fable who embraces the nature of their spark of greatness and pursues this path after their powers have already begun manifesting undergoes an interesting phenomenon. If a Fable takes one or more levels in Legend they lose their Bloodline and immediately gain one level in Legend for every time they didn't progress due to this bloodline. So for example, a 14th level Major Fable who becomes level 15 and chooses to take a level in Legend would suddenly have four levels (one from the level up, three from the three levels they were held back due to the major bloodline) in Legend and lose all benefits of their bloodline. The Fable may additionally opt to replace one or more of their other class levels with Legend levels in the same way a Paladin may replace their Paladin levels with Blackguard levels.

Using the same mechanic that Welknair created with the Quisling Bloodline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11425550#post11425550). I either did a good job to represent Grod's and Welk's standards of homebrew or I barely missed the mark. I plan of finishing a Tarrasque-touched bloodline soon, as well as making ones for the Mage and Adventurer Classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243594). I will eventually have Blood Gifts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213822) for all of the bloodlines I'm working on. Suggestions for those are always welcome.

Speaking of Blood Gifts:
Fable - Hidden Enigma (Su): As a Free Action the King may activate Hidden Enigma for a total number of rounds per day equal to the number of points in Fable. While Hidden Enigma is active, any creature able to perceive the king must succeed on a DC 10+1/2 Points in Fable+Cha Will Save or treat the king as so hopelessly unremarkable that they do not perceive him. This is treated with the same limitations and conditions as the Invisibility spell, but is otherwise not an illusionary effect. Hidden Enigma may be activated even when the King is unconscious, may be deactivated as a Free Action and the rounds of activation need not be continuous.

JerichoPenumbra
2013-09-08, 09:35 PM
No comments on this? Not over powered? Not non-understandable?