PDA

View Full Version : Methods for boosting SR? (3.5)

LogosDragon
2013-09-05, 06:42 PM
Before you jump on my case, yes, I know. SR is generally not a good thing, because it requires a standard action to suppress (the action economy has fallen into heavy national debt...) or else you'll deflect good buffs (and healing, but who wastes spells and actions doing that during a fight anyway) and other magic thingies you want.

However, speaking theoretically, what would be a good way to boost Spell Resistance, preferably to obscene heights? At this point, all I can find are the feats Boost Spell Resistance (which is 3.0, and it would be unreliable at best to expect it to be allowed in a 3.5 game) and Improve Spell Resistance (which is, sadly, Epic-only).

This is asking for boosts to SR; assume that it's already been acquired, be that through race or other methods.

Also, I'd like them to be useable at fairly low levels; yes, I'm fine if it can't be taken right at level 1 (I don't know what build you're using to have SR at level 1 anyway, since most races with SR have LA tacked on and Effigy-Incarnate doesn't work with PCs) but, as the case is with Improve Spell Resistance, I'd prefer it didn't have to wait for Epic levels. (Speaking of Epic feats, what were the creators thinking when they decided Improved Stunning and other "+2 to DC" feats were worthy of Epic???)

Thanks in advance for help! And though I placed emphasis on them, I'm not limiting myself to feats. Anything that can boost SR reasonably effectively is good for me.

Snowbluff
2013-09-05, 07:16 PM
Psychic Refusal, Drow of the Underdark. +4 SR versus mind-affecting (which are mostly SR: Yes).

Psyren
2013-09-05, 07:22 PM
SR is attainable at level 1 via Incarnum (Spellward Shirt) or Psychic Meditation, but the boosts are pretty minor.

For very high SR the spell and power are both uncapped.

LogosDragon
2013-09-05, 07:30 PM
That spell is nice, but it doesn't really help with the boosting. I mean, racial SR is already generally 11 + level; ignoring the general implication that creatures with SR tend to have LA making their level-based abilities lower, that's a 5th-level spell being spent to give you one more point of SR than said racial SR amounts to.

Plus, that argument aside, that's still only a method of providing SR. I am hoping for a way to boost what is being provided by whatever source you're using.

Silva Stormrage
2013-09-05, 07:38 PM
Boost Spell Resistance from BOVD gives +2

Daazzix's Vest from DMG II is 25k and gives +5 to existing SR.

Awaken Spell Resistance is a feat in Draconomicon that improves existing SR by 2 but requires you to be a dragon.

Exalted Spell Resistance from BoED gives +4 SR against evil spells

Improved Spell Resistance gives +2 but is epic.