PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help in building components for a One Piece 3.5 system

SoraWolf7
2013-09-05, 07:40 PM
Hey, I wanted to ask the playgrounders for some help in homebrewing somethings to create an efficient system for creating a One Piece campaign in 3.5 and Pathfinder. I have plenty of ideas and have established the necessary things for bringing the manga to the tabletop, but I am not an expert in D&D or homebrewing, and I've only played a few campaigns. I know that one, someone in the forums has attempted this before, and two, there is an existing system, but I feel like the existing system is somewhat incomplete and the group that attempted gave up when they learned someone beat them to it (no offense to them, their work has helped me a lot). If anyone is interested in this idea and helping me flesh things out into reality, I'd be really appreciative.

What I have so far:
1. The ideas of the types of base classes that come to the equivalent of normal D&D classes, as the world of One Piece is a high-tech, low-magic setting, save for Devil Fruits.
2. The fact that Devil Fruits need to be Templates or something similar that allow them to grow with the character and unlocking abilities as the character grows.
3. The fact that base classes need to carry a branch system of abilities, similar to how a ranger can choose between two-weapon fighting and archery.
4. Prestige classes that allow a character to replicate the feats of the Straw Hat Pirates and other characters.
5. A list of feats that bring the typical anime moves One Piece uses to the game, including how Haki overall works according to D&D.
6. The long list of races that exist in the world of One Piece, but not the level adjustments and racial buffs.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.