PDA

View Full Version : Beginner's Campaign (IC)

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-05, 10:18 PM
You all meet in the town of RavenRoc. You have all have been hired individually to complete a task for the wizard Oyto. He has asked that you meet in the Titanic Tick Tavern so that you may discuss his task over drinks. You each arrive at the bar on your own and meet the wizard Oyto. He is an old man dressed in blue. His robe is blue and under his hood he wears a red cap. He has a long white beard showing his age. His left eye is blue, and his right is green. On his left hand he wears a gold ring with a crimson stone set in it.

The wizard greets you to his table and offers you each a glass of wine from a bottle he has.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-06, 03:52 AM
Delin

A Halfling, small even by the standards of his kind rides his dog to the tavern.

Aystay, Boo! He commands the dog to stay in front of the tavern in a strange tongue before entering.

He wears well crafted leathers, studded with pieces of darkwood. Under this, a leather threaded cotton tunic and pants festooned with pouches.
His hair is ravenwing black and his eyes sky blue. He is clean, but still smells of the woodlands. He is possessed of a woodsman's tan.

Finding the wizard's table, he calls to a barmaid

Oy, Lass! Mind helping me with a tallchair, so I can sit properly to drink with my friend here?

Seat procured, he climbs onto it and accepts the wizard's wine.

(Quietly)

So I'm the first one here it seems. What need has you summoning a servant of Elhona into this town?

If there aren't any barmaids, he asks whatever kind of server there is for help.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-06, 11:58 AM
Stefan wearing his greatsword on his back and wearing his chain shirt strides in the tavern he looks though out the tavern until he finds the wizard next to a halfling.

He walks up towards them and says aloud "It is I Stefan that you requested" He says with more power and strength in his it then his years say. Stefan turns down the drink he doesnt like his body to be weaken by drink even a light one.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-06, 01:40 PM
A barmaid is able to find a suitable chair for Delin.

Oyto looks at Delin and Stefan. "There's supposed to be two more of you. I hired four people for this job."

vorpalkitten
2013-09-06, 03:12 PM
Floria beamed at the woman walking towards her. The tavern, she thought, is indeed a cacophony of smells and sounds, but the barmaid in front of her was the same woman she remembered. Smelling of grease and sherry, wrinkles under her eyes and missing teeth, Mary somehow always managed a smile.

"Flor!" She gave a tired smile. "Some old pointy-hat's lookin' for ya." She shivered as she glanced towards the elder in blue. "Might wanna go to him quick, if you don' wanna ribbit for the night."

She sighed. Mages. All high-and-mighty. The thought passed as Floria magically cleaned her friend's apron, which now gave off a suspiciously seductive smell. "Do kiss Ron already. For me." She winked and slipped a Platinum. "Your son just received a mysterious donation. By our lady of joy, I insist that you enjoy a wonderful night."

A yell came from the kitchen. "Ack! Sorry, Miss Nosehair gonna drag my ass if i don't get back in there!" As the barmaid sped off, Floria walked towards the table, narrowly avoiding a broken bottle as a drunk collapsed to the floor. Hmm, this promises to be interesting...

Floria waved her hand, and the chair moved back with the sound of a distant flute. She put on her best smile and turned to the growing party. "Hello everyone! Hello, Otto! You called?"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-06, 08:31 PM
Delin

Well, sir Otto, looks like one of our missing hires is here.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-07, 05:28 PM
"Actually it's pronounced OY-tou," the wizard instructs Delin. "And yes, where is our fourth?"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-07, 06:42 PM
Delin Blushes.

My apologies, Oyto.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-08, 02:30 PM
Stefan seeing this display of conversation says Sir Oyto we'll inform the last member on the road right now can you inform us about the misson so we can discuss how to go through the safest and easiest way. Stefan says formaly his body looking ready enough to kill anything that moves to quickly.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-09, 01:41 AM
"No need to call me 'sir.'" Oyto says to Stefan. "I'm not a knight. As for you quest, I require you to retrieve a relic. About ten miles west of town there lies a steep mountain. The peak is so steep much of the mountain is like a wall coming out of the ground. Along the mountain's wall there is a large marking that looks like a burst of flames. Knock five times on the marking and utter the Draconic word for 'secret.' The wall will open and reveal a cave. Inside the cave if you venture far enough you will find a gold medallion with a large red stone set in it. Bring me this medallion. Bring ONLY the medallion. Take nothing else from the cave.

"I require this medallion immediately. I will pay you 500 gold each for the necklace, however, if you bring it to me by dawn tomorrow, I'll increase payment to 700 gold each. Do we understand each other?"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-09, 05:12 AM
I understand.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-09, 11:41 AM
Then what are we waiting for? He said to everyone gather there.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-09, 03:11 PM
"Good then." Oyto says. "I'm staying at this inn, so you won't have to look long to find me."

Chilingsworth
2013-09-10, 01:03 AM
As hours pass with no fourth person showing up, Delin begins to get restless.

Well now, it sadly seems your fourth hire has proven quite unreliable, Oyto.
Shall we assume he or she is unable or unwilling to show? I can't say I'd be excited about working with someone who can't even make it to a tavern on time.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-10, 11:28 AM
Stefan finished with waiting says loudly I am going alone if I have to or you can come with me the choice is yours. He turns and walks out of the tavern.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-10, 12:13 PM
Well, you've got spunk, anyway.

Hey longlegs, wait up!

vorpalkitten
2013-09-10, 01:51 PM
Floria passed the time shaping her wine into increasingly elaborate shapes, smiling in her own little world as she imagined lively festivals and faraway lands. She sighed inwardly. This little fetch quest would be over soon, and she could go back to her life.

Hey longlegs, wait up!

Floria gave a knowing smile as she slowly snapped out of her reverie. David certainly was right in that the Art offered "fine drink and finer women", but looking all mysterious and wizard-y had it's perks too. Oyto glared.

"Dawn tomorrow oh mighty wizard?" Floria winked. "I sure hope so!" and rushed out of the tavern, huffing all the way.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-10, 02:49 PM
Running, Delin catches up to Stefan. Outside the tavern, he greets Boo and climbs into his saddle.

So, Longlegs, the name's Delin, a humble servant of Elhonna and nature. How might you be called?

Elysian Blade
2013-09-10, 09:08 PM
I am Stefan Alairan we wasted to much time waiting little one called delvin sorry to be rude miss... Stefan moving with more speed than seemed possibly picked up the girl and put her on his shoulder. Keep up small one He said laughing running far to quickly for a person caring another already far down the road.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-10, 09:24 PM
Go Boo!

Boo, Delin's great riding dog easily keeps up with Stefan.

Sure Stefan, Boo here can keep up with you longlegs.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-10, 09:24 PM
You travel west for about 6 miles. The journey is so far uneventful. Then, out of the corner of your eye, make a spot check. If you rolled a 8 or higher:
You see a lone goblin wearing a red cap about 50 feet to your left.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-10, 09:27 PM
Let's see
[roll0]

Elysian Blade
2013-09-11, 11:23 AM
spot check [roll0]

Stefan puts down the girl on his shoulder and draws out a greatsword bigger than his own body. Moving towards the goblin preparing to kill unless someone tells him otherwise.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-11, 04:11 PM
(first, forgot to roll spot for Boo)
[roll0]

Chilingsworth
2013-09-11, 04:16 PM
Grrrr...

What is it, Boo?

*notices Stefan*

Eh? Something wrong?

(Seeing his allies looking with hostility in the same direction, Delin takes another look himself)

[roll0]
(I'm guessing this counts as being prompted by an ally, right? Boo, if not Stefan)

Chilingsworth
2013-09-11, 04:19 PM
(sorry for the glut of posts, I blame the need to disallow editing in new rolls)

Finally noticing the goblin, Delin tries to determine his intentions:

Sense Motive:
[roll0]

Wait Stefan, he might not be hostile!

Elysian Blade
2013-09-11, 05:30 PM
Stefan looked at the half-lings attempting to stop him and smiled. Reaching at his waist grabbing something hidden and throwing something towards the goblin shinning in the sunlight.

Put in on or die by my blade He motioned at what he threw with his sword. manaceles*

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-11, 07:15 PM
The golbin turns around and spots you. He seems alarmed by your presence. "AAAAAHHH! What are you doing?! I've done nothing wrong!"

Elysian Blade
2013-09-11, 07:36 PM
Stefan motions towards the manacels again moving closer with a stance that says "your dead if you dont listen"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-11, 07:43 PM
Delin looks from Stefan to the goblin, then back again.

*sighs and dismounts from Boo*

Uardgay, Boo! *pointing to the goblin*

Boo takes a position adjacent to the goblin and guards it.

I doubt the manacles will be necessary, Stefan. Look the poor thing is nearly pissing itself. I'll take responsibility if he acts up, alright?

*To the goblin*

I'm sorry, apparently, my companion has had trauma relating to your people before. Though I am curious why you were just standing by the road. In a spot of trouble?

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-11, 09:15 PM
"I'm on a mission," the goblin says. "I have to retrieve some items from the forest. A man paid me 50 gold pieces to go into the woods and bring him some coconuts."

Chilingsworth
2013-09-11, 09:19 PM
Hmm...

Sense Motive:
[roll0]
Knowledge (Nature) Do I believe coconuts grow in this forest?:
[roll1]

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-12, 03:27 PM
Hmm...

Sense Motive:
[roll0]
Knowledge (Nature) Do I believe coconuts grow in this forest?:
[roll1]

He doesn't appear to be lying, though you've never heard of normal coconuts growing in a temperate forest.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-12, 04:23 PM
I think your patron sent you on a wild goose chase. Coconuts do not grow in these woods. I assure you, as a druid familiar with this area, that I know of what I speak.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-12, 07:58 PM
"See, that's what I told them," the goblin starts, "But they said to look anyway. They told me they there were coconuts in this forest, and I could find them.

"Hey wait, you're a druid? Do you think you could help me look for them?"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-12, 08:13 PM
Yes, I serve nature through the goddess Elhonna.
Unfortunately, we have our own mission to which we must attend.

Though... what is your skillset? One of our party failed to show up when we were gathered for the mission.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-12, 08:39 PM
Putting away his sword stefan strips his armor off revealing a strong body beneath and says "Im moving on with or without you we wasted to much time." He moves towards the girl he was carrying to grab her again.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-12, 08:49 PM
The golbin informs Delin "I am a simple janitor, and was hired at random from a foreigner."

Stefan continues on his way. He - and those with him - reach the mountain in about an hour. You find the marking the Oyto was talking about.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-12, 08:59 PM
Sorryl, My companion is right, we must hurry. Good luck. If we meet again, maybe we can help you.

Delin calls and remounts Boo, then hurries to catch up to Stefan.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-13, 11:16 AM
Little one do you stuff and lets get this done we need to be quick Stefan said looking at the position of the sun.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-15, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry, what is it you expect me to do?

Elysian Blade
2013-09-15, 07:34 PM
Stefan a little upset because he cant read looked away from him drawing his sword and leans against it.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-16, 11:25 PM
Delin shrugs.

Well, guess we could start by looking for that fireburst symbol.

checks:

spot:
[roll0]

search:
[roll1]

Elysian Blade
2013-09-17, 03:25 PM
Doesnt know what he is looking for Stefan looks at the wall.spot[roll0]
search[roll1]

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-19, 12:17 AM
Delin shrugs.

Well, guess we could start by looking for that fireburst symbol.

checks:

spot:
[roll0]

search:
[roll1]

:smallconfused:

The markings are the fireburst symbol. What did you think I was talking about?

Chilingsworth
2013-09-19, 01:37 AM
*derp!*:smallredface:

Right, so easily finding the symbol, Delin looks for the place to knock.

Then he looks at least as embarrassed as Stefan.

You know, I don't speak Draconic... Hey wizard lass, do you?

Then, noting her inactivity, he becomes concerned.

Hey, you alright?!

(heal check)
[roll0]

Elysian Blade
2013-09-26, 04:54 PM
DM POWER GO!!!

As floria says the words in Draconic and the mountian face opens reaveling a dark and narrow tunnel that pick black and cobwebs around the entrance giving off a forbidden feel of evil in it.

Stefan hesitant stands in front of the cave waiting for someone to do something.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-26, 06:11 PM
DM POWER GO!!!

Tee-hee! NO!:smallannoyed: I wear the DM pants around here! Or rather skirt!

You enter the cave. The path opens to reveal a small room. There are no torches lit inside so it is dark. The ceiling is about 7 feet up. The room is about 10 feet back, then there's a statue of a man. He is extending is arm forward as if he were to be holding something, but his hand is empty. There's an inscription on the wall beside the statue. It is written in Draconic and reads:
To gain farther entrance you must place a tropical fruit upon my palm.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-26, 06:37 PM
stupid coconut
Stefan grabs the goblin and puts him into the hands improvising.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-27, 06:08 AM
stupid coconut
Stefan grabs the goblin and puts him into the hands improvising.

Well you have to find him first.:smallwink:

Chilingsworth
2013-09-27, 06:25 AM
So... maybe the coconuts that goblin was seeking were key items for this shrine.

*Delin sighs*

I guess we should find him and see if he's still interested in help.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-27, 11:02 AM
Stefan sighs Ill get him. Running out of the cave.
200ft per round that should help.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-27, 12:30 PM
Stefan sighs Ill get him. Running out of the cave.
200ft per round that should help.

Doesn't matter how fast you can run if your senses are keen enough to find him. ;) Roll some spot/listen/search checks.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-28, 02:25 PM
spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

Kawaii Soldier
2013-09-29, 06:14 PM
You eventually find the goblin after 90 minutes of looking. You spot and he appears to be wounded and bloodied. He's is walking with a limp.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-30, 11:12 AM
Stefan picks him up knowing he cant do much but the little might be able to so he runs back to the cave.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 08:04 AM
Delin

When Stefan returns with the injured goblin:

Merciful Elhonna, what happened to him?!

*then casts lesser vigor on the goblin*

Elysian Blade
2013-10-01, 11:16 AM
Stefan looks at Delin and shrugs indicating for the goblin to explain.

Kawaii Soldier
2013-10-01, 11:30 AM
You pick up the goblin and he starts screaming being very confused and wounded.

Upon being returned to the cave and healed, the goblin starts to calm down and eventually responds to your question:
"Well, I was searching the forest for the coconut tree. I eventually found it, but as I got closer, I was attack by two large wolves. I was lucky to escape with my life."