PDA

View Full Version : NPC-a-Day Blog

koesherbacon
2013-09-05, 10:53 PM
Hey every one. It should come as no surprise that I enjoy making characters using HeroLab (http://www.wolflair.com/?context=hero_lab&page=pathfinder_roleplaying_game).

At my wife's urging, I decided to make a blog where I'm going to post these characters for use in your games as NPCs.

You can check out the blog here...
http://npcaday.wordpress.com/

If you have any requests, I'm happy to take them.

I might not be the best character creator in terms of optimization, but I hope these NPCs can add some fun to your games! I hope to post at least one each and everyday.

Hope to see you there!

Jake
2013-09-06, 07:18 AM
One suggestion, and that's basically make sure you're doing a decent amount of power-level diversity. Your first NPC is a level 7 barkeep, which is great for your standard Pathfinder-style setting, but in some campaigns a barkeeper that powerful would be unheard of. Something on an E6 scale would be useful on occasion since that's a fairly popular campaign option, and likewise for a crazy powerful Gestalt campaign where every 6-year-old girl is a multiclass paladin/sorcerer.

On a related note, I'd try to make a few characters strictly core, for the folks who don't have or want to use the various splatbooks.

Psyren
2013-09-06, 08:47 AM
It looks like he's doing PF so splatbooks probably aren't an issue (since everything is OGL.)

I like the Charlatan a lot, always wanted to do a 3-level dip into Charlatan on a Street Performer Bard and have an entire metropolis buzzing with my rumors. Maybe I'll do an NPC like that who the PCs will piss off and he turns the entire city against them.

I've always been interested what can be done fluffwise with the following archetypes:

First Worlder Summoner
Geisha Bard
Beast-Bonded Witch
Mindchemist
Lore Warden Fighter
Drunken Brute Barbarian

koesherbacon
2013-09-08, 04:53 AM
Yes, I'm planning on using only information readily available online, especially info that can be found on d20pfsrd.org.

I've included a Rules page where you can read how I'm planning on making these characters.

I totally agree about making NPCs of varying levels. And in regard to this innkeeper, she holds that as a persona and secondary profession to her primary one of a Rogue.

I also added a Requests section where I'd be happy to try to accommodate any ideas you might have.

I'm a handicapped individual and have quite a bit of free time when I'm not being a house-husband for my wife who works to support us and our pets. I know that developing NPCs for campaigns can be a pain so I'm very happy to lend a hand to anything you might want to include in your games.

I might also add a section for custom monsters. Do you think that would be something you'd be interested in?

Thanks for this initial input, I really appreciate it!

koesherbacon
2013-09-08, 08:52 AM
I'm having lots of difficulties with Wordpress so I've moved this blog to Blogger.com.

you can find the new one here... http://npcaday.blogspot.com/