PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Envoy(feat)

Yogibear41
2013-09-05, 11:25 PM
Does the elemental granted by this feat ever grow in HD? I can't seem to find anywhere in the feat description that says the elemental will ever gain HD. But that just seems wrong/bad, am I missing something or are these poor guys stuck at 3 HD forever?

On a related note, does one have to choose the 3 feats they start with in the stat block or can you choose whatever feats you would like it to have instead(well really 2 feats since I know it has the base feats no matter what)

SevTai
2013-09-12, 06:46 PM
By RAW, no they don't get HD. Which is plain stupid.
I'd play it with the classic 'gets your hd(if it's higher) and half your hp'.
Yet I haven't thought a lot about if you'd make it 'not real hd' (like a sorc's familiar that gets your HD for the purpose of effects related to HD) or 'real hd' like a psicrystal that gets feats too, so no opinion on the matter.

Quoting WotC about familiars

It retains the appearance, Hit Dice, base attack bonus, base save bonuses, skills, and feats of the normal animal it once was.
Just showing this for the acquisition part. Since you don't create it and you 'acquire' it, you don't get to retrain it. This is just an assumption, so might be wrong too.
Although discuss it with your DM. If it isn't game breaking fk the rules and do it anyway :smallbiggrin: