PDA

View Full Version : Worth Buying?

Saurous
2006-12-21, 06:02 PM
I've been tossing the thought of buying the game for the past week now, and was wondering if it is worth buying. :smallconfused: Also, any advice for the game if I buy it? Thanks for the help.

Traveling_Angel
2006-12-21, 07:03 PM
depends on demand. The game will last at least 2, more likely 3 hours. However, it's as funny as the comic, with a joke on every card (almost).

†Seer†
2006-12-27, 08:39 AM
I'd say go for it totally! Hilarious game, while still fun and challenging. Worth every cent (and then some) be prepared to do some reading for the rules, but you don't have to read the rulebook from cover-to-cover as in most games, which is quite nice if you just want to pick and go hehe.

Enjoy.

WampaX
2006-12-28, 02:49 PM
The game will last at least 2, more likely 3 hours.

Well, we hope the copy everyone else has lasts longer than that.

Did the copy you received get printed on photosensitive paper by mistake?

Bookman
2006-12-28, 02:52 PM
Well, we hope the copy everyone else has lasts longer than that.

Did the copy you received get printed on photosensitive paper by mistake?
Bad joke Wampa :tongue:

As far as I can tell the game seems well worth it but the only problem is finding people to play with.

Weezer
2006-12-28, 10:07 PM
Very funny and amusing
definetly worth buying

Hannes
2007-01-01, 03:42 PM
Um. Can you order it from Eastern European countries? >_< If so, does anyone have info on the game's cost + shipping cost?

apegamer
2007-01-02, 09:08 AM
Um. Can you order it from Eastern European countries? >_< If so, does anyone have info on the game's cost + shipping cost?

We ship world-wide. To determine what shipping will be to your address, go to apegames.com and start the order process. Before you have to add any payment information, you'll be able to see how much shipping will cost.

Hannes
2007-01-02, 03:37 PM
Ouch. Sixty. Nine. Bucks.

Ferra
2007-01-02, 04:51 PM
The game is definitely worth buying. It is one of my favorite games to play. My D&D friends love to get together to play it. Especially when we don't want an all day session of D&D and just want to have some laughs. We played it twice this weekend.

Aurora Sincrois
2007-01-18, 02:42 PM
we got a full group together to play the "Weekend Killer" version of the game and OMG! It was fun and amazing even though it did take us something like 6-7 hours to play.

Erai
2007-01-29, 01:50 PM
The local gamestore in Utrecht (that's the Netherlands) actually had a large stack of Oots-boxes. I was a little worried for the shop-owner -a very cool and amiable guy- since I rather doubted that there would be even nearly enough people around here who would both frequent the store (and it's not easy to find if you don't know where to look) ánd would be passionate enough about the Order of the Stick...

Anyway, I did not buy it at first, but one week later I had the opportunity to play a game, and I was instantly hooked. One week later again I went to the store again to finally pick up a copy for myself, and I was happy I had not waited much longer: stack of boxes had gone, there were just about three or four (I think) left. That was rather shocking, in a good way :smallbiggrin:

Sampi
2007-01-30, 04:56 AM
Hannes: It's available in Helsinki, at Fantasiapelit (http://www.fantasiapelit.com/). From where you're living, the boat trip isn't that long, or expensive. The game itself costs 40 €.