PDA

View Full Version : Help with Inkscape

Myone
2006-12-21, 07:08 PM
Since I'm new to inkscape, I'll probably be posting here a ton. First question is: How do you draw shapes with outlines? Do you have to add the outline yourself?

Pop Goes the Weasel
2006-12-21, 08:57 PM
Read this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8742&page=4#99)

Myone
2006-12-21, 10:15 PM
You see, that is an excellent guide, but I just don't get it. Can someone give me a dumbed down version?

(In case it matters, I'm using a windows.)

Mr_Saturn
2006-12-21, 10:32 PM
Play around with inkscape, use all the buttons and you might find something out without even asking. I for one dont use inkscape. I use sodipodi. There is yet another guide:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=179649&postcount=5

If you can understand that, great.

Myatar_Panwar
2006-12-21, 10:34 PM
Heh, I know your pain. I felt the exact same way you are when I started Inkscape.

And drawing a shape with an outline? OK, if I understand what your asking, then you should know that everything you make (circle, ect) have an outline. In Inkscape, they call it a "stroke". To modify your stroke, you have to go to options, and click on fill and stroke, from there you can modify the selected items stroke (Its size, color, ect., and its fill.

If I'm misunderstanding your question or you have others, please just tell me and I'll try and awnser them. I know how frusterating learning that program is, and I wish that there was someone around to help me at the time.

Myone
2006-12-21, 10:49 PM
Thanks, everyone! Wow, people here sure are friendly.

Brickwall
2006-12-22, 12:05 AM
You're welcome, Mr. "Contact random person on AIM and get lucky that they use Inkscape".

Most of us are friendly. It's in the forum rules. Just don't be too surprised if some newcomer decides that the rules are nothing and starts flaming you. It happens about once a month to a random forum-goer.

celtois
2007-01-10, 06:24 PM
could any one tell me how to make lines thicker in inkscape

sucky temp avatar by me

Jack Squat
2007-01-10, 06:37 PM
could any one tell me how to make lines thicker in inkscape

sucky temp avatar by me

posted a couple above you

And drawing a shape with an outline? OK, if I understand what your asking, then you should know that everything you make (circle, ect) have an outline. In Inkscape, they call it a "stroke". To modify your stroke, you have to go to options, and click on fill and stroke, from there you can modify the selected items stroke (Its size, color, ect., and its fill.

celtois
2007-01-10, 06:44 PM
oops sorry

hyikim
2007-01-12, 05:00 PM
I don't get it, inkscape isn't that hard!

well, i spent a week playing around with its features before drawing pics with it. I believe Inkscape has tutorials built into it.

i wonder if there is a new version out yet.... *goes to website and looks for new download*