PDA

View Full Version : RPG Brain Stormin'

StryderH
2013-09-06, 02:12 PM
Looks like I made this same exact thread and it was deleted :I I'll try again but I'm gettin' frustrated.

Anywhoo ima doin' my own D&D hybrid thing and I just need some brain storming ideas for small details.

The plot is solid.

One of the PCs is the emperors son. He has snuck out for festivities going on at one of the nobles estates. The noble is having a tournament of valor, in which people combat each other with sets of weapons they choose and whoever does the best over all will become the new bodyguard to the noble and head of his knights.

The old leader of the knights is still alive but took too much damage during his last battle so he's permanently crippled and the noble doesn't want him anymore.

There is an assassin also trying to kill the noble, hired by another noble family, and he's participating in the tournament as to get close to the noble.

He poisoned the blade of one of the fighters. When the kid with the poisoned blade fought he accidentally killed his opponent due to the poison, and was this disqualified and arrested.

The assassin killed two birds with one stone getting two people out of the contest at once.

Now my PCs aren't that smart so they think someone is just cheating to become the head knight.

At this point they are searching for clues as one of them is battling nervously.

Now I need clues for them to find.

Eventually once they find out who the assassin is, he is going to run into the sewers and I already have that entire "dungeon" planned out.

The assassin isn't stupid enough to repeatedly just poison the same blades over and over again so I need ideas for things he can do to get rid of the competition and I need clues for them to find that proves what he's trying to do and who's doing it.

So far there is just an open area where there are weapons on display for battle. It is now being guarded. The kid who has been arrested for killing his opponent didn't know the kid who died and he just picked up a random sword from the wall so he doesn't have much information.

The PCs are now disguised so at one point I want them to have to walk outside of the stadium for some reason, and then try and get back in and be stopped by the old Knight leader since he won't recognize them.

So I need help with the ideas. What is the assassin doing to sabotage the competition, what sort of clues is he leaving behind, and one of the clues should send them outside for just a moment and then back in.

Mattarias, King.
2013-09-09, 01:17 AM
If this is for D&D, you might want to toss it in the Roleplaying forums. Gaming (Other) is for everything that ISN'T tabletop RPG fun.

RagingKrikkit
2013-09-09, 01:18 AM
Which is probably why this keeps getting deleted, and you should stop reposting it, lest the mods grow angry.