PDA

View Full Version : DMM : Quicken for Evil NPC Mystic Theurge

Super_slash2
2013-09-06, 02:45 PM
Hello. As the title indicates, I'm looking to make a build for an evil mystic theurge npc, who can use DMM : Quicken to offload the extra spells. The race is Duergar. I have two problems :

a) I don't think I quite get how turning pool stacking works. I've tried reading on it but the actual mechanics behind it seem to be missing from the entires. :| Also, I've seen this : http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=35iojhqodfenq9512lem7ameo0&topic=3084.0
(third post) and I can see that he has 12 turning pools available. However, I've seen, on this very site no less, that you can only have a maximum of three turning pools because you need three different uses for turning : turn, rebuke and destroy undead. So I don't understand how you can have 12 classes without overlap. Like, Dread Necromancer and Death Delver both have Rebuke Undead. How do their turning pools stack?

b) I've not been able to find many (read : any) sources for turn undead pools for an evil divine caster. Does anyone know any?

Saintheart
2013-09-07, 01:52 AM
I don't think you can stack pools as such -- most sane DMs won't permit it, I think the fairer interpretation is that they all draw off the one pool of turn...but DMM allows you to fuel it with either Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead attempts. Some DMs will allow alternative turnings, like Rebuke Elementals, to count for DMM, but it's not a settled question by RAW as I understood it. Evil spellcasters usually have Rebuke Undead which fuels their DMM.