PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Crossbow sniper?

CyberThread
2013-09-06, 05:34 PM
Okay so a general Idea

I have thought of taking a crossbow build/ slapping a kapaa shield with it / and then go with a slolth domain so you can be prone without penalties.

Maybe slap a shield ward in all that some how and end up with

10 ac/improved evasion / cleric spells/ +4 ac against ranged / shield ward allowing my shield to stack against touch attacks ( i think rays and such do that).

So end up with atleast 24 AC against spells and missiles, with 20 ac plus whatever armor I have against melee attacks, and then pop out with either spells myself or repeating crossbow.

Oh and count as under 9/10th cover ( I think that is where the +10 ac comes from ), so may even hinder ranged attacks even more.

Breakdown of things:

kappa shield: Oriental Adventures 9/10 cover (+10 AC, +4 reflex save,improved evasion) 50% spell failure penalty, 50% movement speed reduction , -10 skill check

Sloth Domain: Spell Compendium No AC penalty while prone

Race: Undecided

Class: Cleric + whatever

Weapon of choice : repeating crossbow

Feats:

Shield Ward: PHBII Use shield AC against touch attacks and checks or rolls to resist bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attempts . Requires a wasted (semi only really not fully wasted ) Shield Specialization feat, which increases that ac by +1.

Rest of the feats are open, as is the thought of using spells to make yourself into a portable bunker, to mow down others with the crossbow, and protect against various long range damage types.

What is wanted any comments/advise/suggestions. This is an idea that came to my head in less then an hour ago.

Psyren
2013-09-06, 05:57 PM
Are you asking for critique? Advice?

It's usually a good idea to say where all these things come from so that people can help you without doing a ton of book-diving, e.g. knowing what bonus types you already have so we know what won't stack, knowing what sources you haven't looked in yet etc.

CyberThread
2013-09-06, 07:22 PM
Just relized with a bit of work, you can get that touch AC up to 33