PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Kings ( IC)

arumizy
2013-09-06, 07:32 PM
“ Get the children out of here” King Lordain said as he drew his blade. “ They are the hope of the free world now” he said looked at the Crown Guard, a dozen stead fast and mighty warriors and at the few Lord-Dukes who had elected to stay behind. “ Look my friends, we have faught together, I have helped raised your children and I have always treated them as my own. I give them all the right to the throne, some day they may be all that is left to rebuild the keep. Do not let them forget our sacrifices, do not let them forget our blood spilled” he yelled as he pushed his throne revealing the escape tunnel.

He heard the first crash against the iron bark wrought doors to the throne room. “ Go now” he quickly covered the tunnel back up and looked before the assembled. “ Men, Elves, Dwarves, Gnolls and most importantly friends. You have all served me faithfully and greatly in the years, you are all my brothers and today we will meet the gods” the door splintered with another massive thud.

One of the lord-dukes rubbed a thand through his short red soul patch. The twin horns that protruded from his forehead gave him a demonic sheen. “ Lord Lordain, you brought me in when all others shunned me do to my demonic ancestry. I die today beside you with distinction and honor.” The tiefling warlock said as he extended his hands and the green colored eldritch fire enveloped them. One of the dwarves, an old and grizzled warrior with more scars then any orc grunted “ Clan Hezboun will some day repay the kindness ye showed us. Maybe not this day but some day good king, Kelbon Fireblood” he said to the tiefling “ May Moradin accept ye into the soul forge so we may feast and adventure once more again my friend”.

The doors shattered with another thud, they could see the first of the Bathorian Vanguard in the splinters. Green Eldritch flame, hammers and arrows began to fly as another massive thud sent the doors flying from their hinges. High elves and human soldiers began to poor into the throne room, some falling to the hellfire and missiles.

King Lordain let out a massive roar “ For Malafor” as he charged into the throng of soldiers. His blade dancing and biting into the flesh of exposed shoulders and necks. Beside a silver haired elf’s blades whirled finding the weak spots in the armor of the enemies. “ Willow Darkflower, I told you to go” Lordain yelled at the drow “ not a chance human, I told you no one gets to kill you but me. And I will kill anyone who tries” he said with a grin. Lordain laughed, both of them knowing that this was the end of both of them. Lordain let out a yelp of pain as an axe caught his left shoulder, biting deep trough the plate and leather barding . He turned quickly and thrust his sword through the gut of the offending Praetorian. Hellfire erupted around him, missiles of magic the battle pitched. The Crown Guard and Lord-Dukes making a push towards the door.

The stream of enemy soldiers didn’t seem to have an end. The King, The Crown Guard and the Lord-Dukes fought like mad men, fought bravely and killed many. When the kind finally fell the remaining heros fought valiantly to try and save him. Yet there was no chance to, the High Elven General Mithras Gornhold took his head as a trophy. They fought hard and fought valiantly, and as punishment for their resistence Malafor was set a blaze and abandoned. That was the story that your parents told you, time and time again as they prepared it. Some of you remember the king with kindness as he acted as a brother, as a father to those who had none and more importantly as a friend. The survivors of Malafor left their city when the orcs invaded it. Swearing to one day reclaim it, but for now they are scattered. You remember hearing the story one last time, but it was different, it was with enthusiasm and an almost knowing.

Now the day that some of you expected and others had no idea about until you had been contacted has arrived. It was time to restore the Legacy of King Lordain and to Remove the Empire from the Dragonlands.

23rd day of Sevras , 1562 Year of Rebel Hearts

You had been thrust together in secret, neither of you knowing the other but each of you either knew your destiny and the stories or were just recently informed. They had sent you lot on your way to the Shattered Weir, an ancient fortress that had once housed a Lich that King Lordain and his adventuring troop had destroyed in their first grand adventure and had begun to amass their own fortunes and following.
After several hard weeks of travel you finally see the great Keep that had once been returned to a state of grandeur by the Lord-Dukes and used as a fortress to fight off gnoll and orc aggression. Now the ruins of the great keep crumble and rot from decades of neglect. The great wyvernwood gates long since torn from their joints, you do not know what dangers await you but you do know that this symbol of accomplishment will shine again as a beacon to the successors and as a trumpet to those still loyal to Malafor and freedom.

Map
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/COURTYARD_zps3b0e3df8.png

You guys will be in the bottom two rows.

(( Everyone go ahead and give me an initiative role, although it isnt need yet. ill ask for them early to keep things going faster. Do what all you guys want before you move forward, spot, listen etc)

Doomboy911
2013-09-06, 09:54 PM
First punks
"How did you find me? And why shouldn't I slay you where you stand" the voice echoes around you, it is everywhere and nowhere who said it and from where is a mystery. The voice is more of a growl as though a wild animal had learned how to speak.

blade artist
2013-09-06, 11:04 PM
"Sorry to disappoint, but I dunno. My parents just sent me here. I don't really even know you. But if you wish to kill me, I welcome you try." This bold statement comes from the strange halfling. He stands there, strange, with scale armor, gauntlets crackling with lightning at their fingertips, a crystaline helm that floats over his own helmet, an oversized blade that glows with blue power slung over his shoulder, and blue pauldrons that float above the halfling's shoulders.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-07, 01:19 AM
Bakir Thahn

*Bakir meanders down the road, occasionally whistling a jaunty tune, but more often than not just smiling, enjoying the weather, the woods. That is until he stubs his toe on a half buried stone, and he starts hopping on one foot as he tries to ignore the sudden pain, cursing out loud."
"I know who you are, he says. Go to the keep, he says. You'll find answers and adventure there, he says. Bah!"

*Bending over to rub at the worn toe of his boots, he sighs.*
"I've found naught but horse apples and far too many rocks old man!"
*He shakes his fist at the sky, as if the old man would somehow be able to see the gesture and realize his mistake. It was futile, of course, but Bakir did it anyways, limping on a few more steps as he mumbles.*

"If you be a balanced scale, my dear Lady, then I might humbly suggest warm fires, free ale and at least one -at least, mind you - beautiful lass to sit on me lap when I get....."

*Rounding a bend in the road, Bakir catches sight of the worn down keep, and his shoulders sag, his hands spread to either side.*
"Oh, now that's just not fair! I doubt there's even one half-pretty girl in a place like that, and the fires and ale are even less likely. You're just having yourself a grand chuckle at this, aren't you My Lady?"

*He stands still and stares at the place for a moment, then shrugs, picking up his leisurely pace once more.*
"That's fine. Laugh it up, my dear. I know you'll take care of me. I've no doubt there's something better than burned squirrel meat in there to eat."

*As his steps bring him closer to the keep, he raises a hand to the Halfling, though he doesn't see the other speaker.*
"Hail! Don't tell me you got conned out here by that old man as well! Hahahaha! Well, one traveler to another, there's worse places to spend a night. I mean no harm - can you say the same friend?"

thorgrim29
2013-09-07, 10:47 AM
Connor

(let's say.... P19)

Life on the road was not something Connor was accustomed to, but in the weeks since he left Ulfsweir he had mostly gotten over the hardships of sleeping in bad taverns drinking vinegary beer and eating food a few days past it's prime. He had crossed paths with several who he suspected were going to the same place he is, but so far had not engaged in more then basic conversation with anyone. When it became clear that he and the others were indeed going to the Keep they decided by unspoken accord to wait until inside to get to it.

He is a tall, handsome young man, strong, light on his feet, and with the bearing of a nobleman yet none of the disgust for the lower classes so often found in nobles. (Basically, he looks like a younger Jaime Lannister). When walking close to him you can hear mail rustling under his shirt and he wears a greatsword on his back and large crossbow is strapped to his roughsack.

For the last mile or so he seemed lost in thoughts as memories of the place come back to the surface

Initiative: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

I did not expect to find anyone already here, I was bid come to the old keep by my mother. Show yourself that we may talk like civilized folk

Doomboy911
2013-09-07, 11:10 AM
Connor
I did not expect to find anyone already here, I was bid come to the old keep by my mother. Show yourself that we may talk like civilized folk

"Most folks I talk with aren't civil, neither am I." The voice has grown louder echoing across the keep. Best bet it's coming from within the keep.

CryWolfCorrupt
2013-09-07, 04:13 PM
A small, hooded figure about 5'5" strides onto the path from the forest. She carries a large sickle, emanating a black aura around the blade. A sense of unease rests on the shoulders of all that stand near them. The figure's face is shadowed under the hood, and nothing is visible. It seems to glide, more than walk, and doesn't say anything as she passes Bakir and Connor. When it comes to rest at the entrance to the hold, it willows in a burst of shadowy smog in a swirl that leaves it sitting on the ground. It lowers the hood to reveal a girl in her late teens or early twenties.

"I am Por. Are you the others? One of those summoned told me you would be here. You must be the other descendants of the king's court, like I. My father, Carm Shal, was one of the king's most trusted advisers." Her scythe carried a small pack tied halfway down. She reached in and pulled out a small leatherbound book. She opened it and began to read.

Initiative: 1d20+2
Listen: 1d20-1
Spot: 1d20-1

blade artist
2013-09-07, 10:59 PM
"Makes me think, my parents worked me like a beast of burden at the farm. That make me count me as civilized?" Aster says. He then turns to the three newest arrivals. "Why, hello. You say you were told by your parents to come here as well? That's quite a coincidence. My father, the captain of the crown guard was the one to send me here. Did any of your parents tell you why you were sent here?"

thorgrim29
2013-09-08, 12:37 PM
Connor

Connor continues to try diplomacy

I've yet to meet a sentient being that could not be negociated with. We're not here to fight you but we are here to go in the keep. I'm certain we can work something out

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-08, 01:59 PM
Bakir Thahn

*With a narrowed look, Bakir stares at Aster for a moment before he speaks*
"Captain of the Crown guard? Sounds important. Good for him. Descendants of the Kings court?"

*There's a moments pause before he tilts his head back and laughs unabashedly, eventually reaching up to wipe a tear from his eye as his laugh bubbles down to a chuckle, the mirth still evident in his voice.*
"I do believe I'm in the wrong place. I don't know anything about a Kings court. All I know is that my mother was a Malafari prostitute that died far from home."

*With an eye to the sky, he shrugs.*
"Be that what it may, I'd happily pledge peace for the night at least for a warm fire and hot meal. I don't suppose any of you really want to just fight with strangers - even our confrontational host."

*Walking a few paces from the door to the keep, he gives a flourishing bow to the lot.*
"The name is Bakir Thahn. Or "oh god, oh god, oh gods".... depending on the situation of course."
*He chuckles, the smile stretching from one ear to another, the laugh lines at the corners of his eyes standing out all the while.*

OOC:

I plan on him meanding over to O-10 while he talks

Doomboy911
2013-09-08, 02:59 PM
Connor

Connor continues to try diplomacy

I've yet to meet a sentient being that could not be negociated with. We're not here to fight you but we are here to go in the keep. I'm certain we can work something out

"I did come here for a fight and I'm no host. I was summoned here. Someone left a message in my home, and no one should know where my home was." the last part comes out as a guttural roar.

Shepsquared
2013-09-08, 09:06 PM
Terath Felan
As the motley group of individuals both spoke and threatened each other, a diminutive advanced cautiously, hiding in the brush and watching the group.
Hide:
[roll0]
Initiative:
[roll1]
Spot:
[roll2]
Listen:
[roll3]

arumizy
2013-09-09, 06:44 AM
Shep you see figures moving in the court yard, how the others do not see the burly gnolls and the twin ogres is beyond you. You can hear something heavy being heaved.
Thor: Out of the corner of your eye you see the head of an ogre, its lifting a boulder and launching it, you manage to warn everyone preventing you from being flat footed.

Why you bicker amongst yourselves you do not notice the group of gnoll moving through the court yard. A boulder lands beside the group as the ogre chucks the missile. You have no doubt that this group of monsters has ambushed many of travelers.
A second burly ogre comes around the corner while its fellow prepares to launch more boulders at you. The dwarf acting human is surrounded by gnolls who yip and yap and salivate at the thought of a tender man flesh meal.

Initiative
shep
gnoll 4
Thor
ogre
Corrupt
Gnoll 1
Gnoll 5
Quin

Doom
Gnoll 2
Gnoll 3
Ogre 2
Blade

map

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/courtyyardround1_zps7bcf5b7d.png

Shepsquared
2013-09-09, 07:18 AM
Terath Felan
The gnome grins to himself, pulling a handful of a grey powder as he muttered to himself in an arcane language. Throwing the dust forward he cried "Xarin Cltos!" the grey dust turning golden and sparkling in the wind as it speed towards am ogre and a gnoll. As the dust reached the two Terath laughed and pointed at the fellow nearest the fallen gates that was staring down a gnoll.
"Fie! What treachery is this? A man alone against a gnoll? Onwards I say! Strike true and slay these beasts!" He finished, ducking low as the combatants turned towards the gates

Casting glitterdust on ogre 2 and gnoll 4, DC18 (Unless I was hidden from them, in which case it was DC 19) will save negates the blinding.
The speech is a diversion (bluff skill in combat) so I can hide again and make use of my cloaked casting again next turn. It's a move action thanks to Improved Diversion, but I don't think I can hide this turn.
Bluff: [roll0]
If I can hide:
[roll1]

CryWolfCorrupt
2013-09-09, 08:04 AM
Another swirl of black mist and the hooded girl is back on her feet, hood drawn and book stowed. She bends down to pick up her weapon and lets out a quiet "Oh, goodie." in a soft but terrifying voice. "Brothers, it is your turn to come forward now. Step right up, step right up, and claim that which was taken from you. From the edge of death, not far beyond me, come out to play, my bugbear zombie!" Her small chant under her breath, she pulled a small bag off her hip and pulled a small skeletal finger dipped in wax and planted it into the ground. Suddenly, the earth began to quiver there, and a hand burst through the soil. A large, decaying bugbear climbs out of the rotting spot of earth, and pulls with it a morning star. It looks around before turning to the hooded girl. "Kill the gnolls." she whispers to it before it rushes at the closest one.

Zombie attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

thorgrim29
2013-09-09, 03:33 PM
Connor

We'll sort out our differences later, attack!

Connor charges Gnoll 5, moving to Q14.

The leading the charge stances is active, so every ally within 60 feet of Connor have +3 damage on charges.

Activating the Battle Leader's charge maneuver, so if the attack hits it will do +10 damage

To hit:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-09, 04:42 PM
Bakir Thahn

Hp - 42 / 42
Ac - 18 (+2 for combat expertise)

*As the enemies get the jump on the group, a massive boulder slamming into the ground, Bakir splutters and stumbles backwards, caught off guard momentarily, a length of rope that was dangling from his waist falling and seeming to tangle around his feet, only to go taut, the small dagger tied to the end flying out towards the closest gnoll, the rope seeming to untangle almost magically from around him as he spins.*
"Blood and stones! You vagabonds think you can best the likes of me? Ha! Surrender now and I swear I will do you no harm!"

OOC:

Alright, Rope dagger has a 20 ft range, So a 5 ft move to P-10 will put me right where I need to be.

Attack - Double checked my math, and that should be 1d20+11, so a 16 total

Crit -
[roll1]

Damage -
[roll]1d4+2d6+4

Crit Damage -
1d4+2d6+4

Edit: Note to self. multiple dice don't stack. hmm...

arumizy
2013-09-09, 07:12 PM
Ogre 2 and gnoll 4 start wildly swinging their weapons blinded.

Shep remains hidden the other gnolls ignore you.

Cry: Post in order please, also remember post who your attacking im assuming gnoll 5 with your zombie. The zombie claws madly into the gnolls flesh making it yelp.

Thor: gnoll 5 screeches in Pain as your smash into it, the badgered creature crashes to the ground in a thick pool of blood

Quinn: Post who your attacking im assuming
Gnoll 1, The rope knife rips into its flesh glancing lightly.

Gnoll 4 is blinded and thrashes wildly tripping up and stumbling up beside quin provoking an attack of opportunity.

Ogre 1 Throws a boulder at Quin, making contact for 5 damage. Ouch good thing it doesnt know how to hit the broad side of a barn well.

Gnoll one moves up to Quin, into a threatened square and swings its axe at him. missing.

(( Sio the others can post, this happens in accord to turn, once the other PCS post round 2 begin.
Gnoll 2 shoots an arrow at thor,
Gnoll 3 shoots an arrow at Corrupt
Ogre 2 stumbles blindly and misses.

shep
gnoll 4
Thor
ogre
Corrupt
Gnoll 1
Quin

Doom
Gnoll 2
Gnoll 3
Ogre 2
Blade

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/courtyyardround1_zps5b35efb7.png

Doomboy911
2013-09-10, 12:09 AM
A figure appears atop the wall, clad in gray clothing that matches the walls he was hiding upon. He's got a large robe on and a hat hiding most of his features. He had his bow at the ready but puts an arrow away and takes out another.

He lets loose an arrow that flies at the ogre outside of the wall and explodes in a puff of smoke.

Smoke arrow. Deals no damage but does kill visibility.
[roll0]

blade artist
2013-09-10, 12:27 AM
Aster starts seething with a crimson corona as he stares at the gnoll in front of him, "Decease in the name of the Law, for none shall escape it's arm." He quickly dashes for the gnoll, lunging with the full force of his sword.

activating my incarnum radiance as a free action, giving me +2 to melee attack rolls for 7 rounds

charging at gnoll 4
[roll0]
crit confirm [roll1]
[roll2] damage
using my lightning gauntlet's damage boost for the round for [roll3] lightning damage (wasted if the attack misses)

Dapperatchik
2013-09-10, 04:20 AM
Mordecai Dunbar

Mordecai trudged down the road, muttering to himself. Weeks of traveling had taken their toll. His robes were grimy and beads of sweat trickled out from beneath his mask. He'd been sleeping on flea-ridden straw, when he was lucky, or else out under the stars - which was a lot colder and less romantic than the saga poets would have you believe. The worst thing about travel, though, was the boredom. No books, no wine, and only his own dull thoughts for company.

Still, a summons wasn't a thing to be taken lightly. The city loomed up ahead, promising much within its dark confines, and little of it good. He came to Malafor not out of any sense of obligation - least of all to his father - but because of the power it offered. He was weak, he knew that. A weak, ugly fool, and worse besides. Maybe in Malafor he could fix himself. Maybe-

Wrapped up in his self-pity, he noticed very late that he was about to walk into an ongoing battle. Battles were loud, even small skirmishes like this one, and he realised how spectacular a feat of obliviousness it must have taken not to have noticed it before now.

Fear suffused him, a hot ache in his stomach. At the beginning of any fight, there's a moment where you wonder, 'Is this really happening to me?' You stare dumbly at the fist hurtling towards your face, as if hoping it's all a trick is the best use of the split second you have before it collides with your nose.

There were only two things you could do with your split second, if you did know how to use it. A smart man ran. Mordecai attacked. He didn't need to risk anything, prove anything, put himself in any danger, but he attacked anyway. Cowards attack. They need to strike out at what they fear, because they are weak. So, because he was weak, Mordecai began calling on his reserves of arcane strength, the tattoos covering his skin welling up with the ancient energy of the birthright he had been born to disappoint.

arumizy
2013-09-10, 05:48 AM
Doom: The smoke fills up the area around the ogre, it roars still blinded.

Blade: You miss

Dapper: Your late entry will put you behind blade in action this round.

Gnoll 4's eyes still sting, it swings at Quin making a glancing blow for 3 damage.

(( Going to go ahead and do up a few more to clear up for posting.

(( These to actions only occur after the PCs in the initiative order, if they are killed/stunned etc they do nothing))
The Ogre slings another boulder at Quin, missing.
Gnoll 1 Swings its blade at Quinn missing

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/courtyyardround2_zps9f3b5515.png

Dapperatchik
2013-09-10, 09:49 AM
Mordecai Dunbar

Of course, ideally, you'd run away and have someone else do the attacking for you. Mordecai yanked his rod out of his belt as he ran towards the figures on the path. If they were here, he couldn't trust them, but the best way to not get killed in this situation was to help them out. Gratitude is the best insurance.

He pointed his rod out straight. The magical symbols on his skin seemed to twist and flow, over his shoulders, down his arms and into the focus for his power. He could feel it coursing through him and sent it out, reaching across the planes, and found what he was looking for.

A Nashrou, demon of the outer planes, winked into existence a few dozen feet away. One moment there was empty air, and the next the space was filled with a thing. It was a towering figure, a terrifying amalgam of bone and claws and not much else.

"Attack the gnoll!" Mordecai shouted, gesturing, and the demon had just enough intelligence to understand. It tore forwards, faster than any human, leaped over one gnoll's corpse and slashed at another, trying to impale it on one of its wicked-looking tusks.

Move to S18.
Cast a Summon Monster III with my Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend, summoning a Nashrou (MMIV) into S15/T16 (it takes up 4 squares). The summon will last 10 rounds.

The Nashrou moves to N13/O14 and uses a gore attack (+9 to hit including flanking bonus, damage on hit 1d8+4) on Gnoll 4.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm4_gallery/98679.jpg

I'll put up a sheet for it and my other summons ASAP.

arumizy
2013-09-11, 08:55 AM
The demon strikes visciosly on the Gnoll.

Round 2 Start

thorgrim29
2013-09-11, 11:12 AM
I can't see the map

arumizy
2013-09-11, 11:44 AM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/courtyyardround2_zps9f3b5515.png

Shepsquared
2013-09-12, 02:54 AM
Terath Felan
Terath moved quickly and quietly towards the now blind ogre. Once he was closer he threw his voice to the opposite side of the creature.
"I say, foul creature. Are you incapable of independent thought, or just stupid?"

Moving to G16 and creating a diversion as a standard.
Bluff (I forgot, imp diversion gives me +4 bluff when creating a diversion)
[roll0]
Hide (If it succeeds)
[roll1]

arumizy
2013-09-12, 08:21 AM
The ogre roars in anger dumbfounded by the invisible voice.

Gnoll 4 yips and yaps as it swings its axe at Blade, the attack misses.

( going ahead with ogre 1 and a few more so you guys can post)

Ogre 1 slings another boulder this time at connor, smashing for 4 points of damage ( My rolls are being sucky)

Gnoll 1 swings at Quin , missing.

thorgrim29
2013-09-12, 07:24 PM
Connor

Satisfied at seeing his first foe on the ground, Connor calmly strides towards the next, feeling the strenght of the earth beneath his feet. He is distracted by the appearance of the demon and undead around him, though they seem to be friendly, and so notices the boulder heading for his head an instant too late and only manages to partially dodge it, it still clips him painfully on the shoulder. When he is next to the gnoll (Q11) he strikes with a viciously strong overhead blow

((Move action to Q11 then Mountain hammer on the gnoll))

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

CryWolfCorrupt
2013-09-13, 10:17 AM
Laughing creepily under her breath, Por glides forward towards the fray, a mist of black magic swarming around her hand. A second, glowing replicate of her hand appears next to her. She flexes her hand and moves it such that the ghostly apparition follows suit. She then points silently forward, and the hand moves to rest on the shoulder of her bugbear zombie. "Never rest in your assault, my pet! There is more blood to be shed here!" she screams to the zombie. It roars, renewing its vigor and attacking Gnoll 4. She doesn't even resemble the calm, collected girl who sat on the ground reading. Her eyes are bloodshot and seem to glow beneath her hood, and her voice now has a rasp to it.

Move to N16. Cast Spectral Hand. Take [roll0] damage.
There isn't a symbol for my bugbear zombie on the map, but he would be standing next to Gnoll 4.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-13, 12:09 PM
Bakir Thahn

Hp - 34 / 42
Ac - 18 (+2 for combat expertise)

*As the ogres boulder clips his shoulder, Bakir gives a sharp gasp of pain, his spinning slowing for a moment as he favors his shoulder, trying to work through the pain of the strike, his attention drawn away enough to allow one of the gnolls a glancing slash across one of his legs.*

*With a fierce growl, Bakir ignores the blood flowing down his leg and focuses his mind, searching for what he knew about the enemy. Gnolls: Feirce, Scavengers, Opportunists. Ogres: brutish, lack of mental agility, omnivorous. The facts roll through his head as he steps away from the gnoll and sends his blade soaring through the air once more, hoping to have more effect this time around.*

OOC:

Alright, I'm going to take a 5 ft step down to o-12 and attack gnoll 4. I'll have my adaptable flanker square be M-10, so I still get flanking bonuses.

First off - Knowledge check (Nature) for knowledge devotion:
[roll0]
- So, that's +2 to hit and damage, despite the terrible rolls I'm getting. :smallfrown:

Attack Roll -
[roll1]

Critical -
[roll2]
Damage -
[roll3]
[roll4]

Crit -
[roll5]
[roll6]

Doomboy911
2013-09-13, 12:37 PM
Finn turns to the ogre on the inside of the keep."Hey tall, dark, and extra stupid!" than lets out a challenging roar in his direction.

When the ogre roars back I'm going to fire an alchemist arrow into his mouth.

blade artist
2013-09-15, 07:50 AM
"Careful, you could hurt someone with that. Like yourself" Aster yelps before retaliating.

attacking gnoll 4, using the gauntlet to imbue my sword w/lighting damage

[roll0]
crit [roll1]
swrd dmg [roll2]
elec. dmg [roll3]

round 2/7 of incarnum radiance

arumizy
2013-09-15, 01:00 PM
shep
Thor
ogre
Corrupt
Gnoll 1
Quin

Doom
Gnoll 2
Gnoll 3
Ogre 2
Blade
Dapper

Gnoll 4 yelps from the bevy of blows and falls dead to the earth,

Ogre roars from the taunts and your ready shot hits, crits and the ogre drops to a knee from the devestation, still alive and twice as angry.

Gnoll two fires an arrow at Quin and misses,
3 fires at Blade and misses,
Ogre 2 moves to m10 not paying any head and swings its massive club at blade missing.

Dapperatchik
2013-09-15, 07:18 PM
Mordecai Dunbar

Mordecai ran forward, though all his instincts were screaming at him to set off in the opposite direction and not get killed.

Most casualties on a battlefield don't come during the battle. They come in the chaos after one side breaks and the other chases after them, full of the joy of life-affirming slaughter, stabbing and stabbing until they can no longer lift their arms.

Running wasn't an option, not once you decided to fight.

Mordecai took a moment to think. That was something worth doing, in the chaos of battle. Other men didn't do it, and it made them all too easy to kill. Men who took more than a second died even faster.

He lifted his rod again and conjured a single memory, a diner he used to walk past every day. Excess fat used to clog their drains until it overflowed into the street. He remembered the smell, the sliminess of the grease between his fingers.

For a few brief moments, the diner's drain was completely clean. Amidst the bustle of the city street, none of the passersby noticed, but the gunk was gone.

The goblins noticed, because the grease from Joe's Diner now slickened the ground underfoot and they struggled to keep their feet.

Move to S18.
Move to O15.

Cast Sculpted Grease, coating 4 10ft squares - L9/M10, O9/P10, Q9/R10 and N13/O14.

Reflex saves are had by all (DC 19).

The Nashrou takes a 5ft step to M12/N13 and Full Attacks the Ogre.

First gore:[roll0]

Second gore: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

First claw: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Second claw: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

thorgrim29
2013-09-15, 10:21 PM
Connor

Connor attacks Gnoll 2 again and then takes a deep breath to recenter himself

(normal attack+swift action to recover maneuvers)

to hit: [roll0]

CryWolfCorrupt
2013-09-16, 11:54 AM
Por wisps over next to Connor, her ghastly hand following close behind. She clambered past him as he stopped midstep for some reason. She chuckled a bit to herself and swept past him, though, beckoning the hand to move faster as it followed her.

She tried to remember what it was like to feel pain. It had been so long since she had truly felt anything, she did not know what to think anymore. She looked from her own hand, shrouded in a black mist, to the spectral hand that followed her, covered in the same. She glanced back at the monsters that were attacking her and she remembered what pain was. With that vivid and uncontrollable feeling boiling up within her, she cast her finger towards the closest gnoll and screamed "Die, Mutt!"

Move to P11.
Cast Inflict Moderate Wounds on G2 (if dead from thor, redirect to G1 or Ogre). If the target is G2 or Ogre (looks like I might kill it with the spell), empower with Fell Animate.
Attack: [roll0]
Bugbear Zombie attacks G1 and then moves towards Ogre1.
Attack: [roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

If my spell slays it's target (G2 if Thor doesn't kill it, Ogre1 if Thor does kill G2), it is reanimated as an Undead version and obeys me.

TheMightyQuinn
2013-09-16, 12:32 PM
Bakir Thahn

Hp - 34 / 42
Ac - 16

*As the enemies start to fall all around him, Bakir smiles widely, taking measure of the others as they work effieciently.
Dangerous ones, these. Fascinating.*

*Raising his voice, he screams over the roar of the battle, Bakir calls to the foes and at least makes and attempt*
"Surrender, and I promise your safety! Fight and you will surely fall!"

OOC:

Alright, moving to M-13 to get within range of Ogre 1 but I'll spend my turn on a Diplomacy check -
[roll0]

I'll spend an action point, for good measure. I think at 5th level, we can roll 2 and take the better, but If not, I'll just use the first roll

[roll1]

Edit; -.- Well. I like the d20 roll, but the action point was just sad. le sigh

arumizy
2013-09-18, 02:17 PM
Gnoll 2 falls dead, Ogre one succumbs to his wounds and ogre 2 turns to the hills and begins to run.

The remaining gnolls pull back to the courtyard and enter into the keep.

CryWolfCorrupt
2013-09-19, 09:18 AM
As the enemies flee, Por walks slowly over to her zombie creation and touches its forehead. "You have served your purpose. Now rest for eternity and be free of the burden you yearn escape from." As a cloud of dust swirls up around the zombie's feet, it moans and dissolves into the dirt and ash surrounding it before the wind takes the particles off in a gust. Por slowly pulls her hood back up, which had fallen when she initiated her final attack and attaches her bag back to the pole of her scythe before turning and walking towards the others silently.

If Gnoll2 died by my hand, it becomes a permanent undead slave to me and should resurrect and follow me now.