PDA

View Full Version : Combining Creatures

unseenmage
2013-09-07, 01:32 PM
Is there a Template for smooshing together 3-5 smaller creatures into one larger creature?

3rd party is fine. Less interested in the Symbiotic Template (SS), more interested in each component creature contributing equally to the whole.

That the template applies to Constructs would be a bonus, but not necessary, this is for a creature I'm DMing so rules fudging is possible.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-07, 02:49 PM
Goodman Games' Book of Templates has the Metatemplate in it, in which you feed a monster into it and it spits out a half-monster template.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-07, 02:57 PM
Just put them all in a grapple, as long as none of them want to leave the grapple they're fine. Include something with some kind of overrun attack and the grapple ball can roll over the top of opponents to add them to the grapple. The grapple ball always takes up a space no larger than the largest participant, regardless of how many creatures are present. Each participant can move the grapple ball half their land speed as a standard action, get enough participants and the superdense grapple ball can exceed the speed of light.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-07, 03:26 PM
https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020621a
I suggest looking at this.
Other wise you just combine multiple templates to make your own chimera of sorts.

Big Fau
2013-09-07, 04:13 PM
As you mentioned the Symbiont, I'd like to point out that the Tauric (SS) and Chimera (MM2) templates exist.