PDA

View Full Version : Most attacks per round at low level?

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 05:07 PM
Hello fellow play grounders, I am starting a new campaign as a player, and My character is supposed to be A pyromancer sorcerer, with an item of continual produce flame as a weapon. My DM has allowed me to add my int bonus to damage with this weapon, however as a sorcerer, I don't get many attacks per round.

So I need every trick to get an extra attack per round that will work with the spell produce flame. The campaign is starting at level 1, and I don't know how long it will last, but most likely past level 10.

ArcturusV
2013-09-07, 05:22 PM
Hmm. One thought that comes to mind, depending on if you can get your DM to use it, is to bring in the Taint rules. Use it to get a one off dip into Maho-Bujin, and you'd get among a couple of other kinda "eh" benefits additional attacks on +3 BAB instead of +5. Combined with battle sorcerer, might not be bad (If the ACF does what I think I recall it does, AFBs at the moment. Trading familiar for some profs and better BAB?). Also having the Taint for Maho-Bujin opens you up to Maho-Tsukai as a PrC... which isn't the best spellcaster PrC out there, but it does have some nice metamagic reducers and a "Ha ha, screw you spell component pouch stealing DM" tools in it.

I'm hardly someone who has all the books memorized by heart. But that's the first one that popped into my mind. You still won't get a lot of attacks per melee with it at level 1. But you'll probably be respectful enough with it at level 10 depending on build specifics.

Hamste
2013-09-07, 05:22 PM
Does it have to be a particular shape? The feat Lightning mace is great for extra attack (every time you threaten a critical you get an extra attack). TWF is also ok for extra attacks. If you can convince your DM to allow the aptitude enchant to use other weapons for the lightning mace feat then you can do it with your item (preferably have it have a large crit range and and try to have keen added to it)

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 05:27 PM
...That's tricky. Does the item actually count as a weapon?

About the only things I can think of are TWF (but then you'd need two) or Arcane Disciple: War for Divine Power, but that wouldn't come online until you can afford a 4th level wand.

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately I don't have access to Oriental Adventures, so I can't use Maho-Bujin. I asked my DM, and he said that I can use the homebrewed weapon aptitude feat for ranged touch attacks like any other weapon, and Has allowed me to two-weapon them. unfortunantly, ranged touch attacks only allow for a crit on a 20. is there any way I could easily buff that?

OldTrees1
2013-09-07, 05:37 PM
A Kensai(variant Fighter class from Dragon Magazine) can trade up to 2 bonus feats (1st and 2nd in this case) to get an extra attack at -3 penalty to all attacks (twice).

Consider using it as you prestige class towards a high BAB full casting prestige class?

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 05:38 PM
Improved Critical? It would only increase it to 19-20, but I'm fairly sure you can apply it to spells.

It'd be better to enhance the weapons with some sort of Keen effect, or research some sort of Keen Weapon variant spell, because feats are precious, but that'd be even more homebrew.

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 05:40 PM
Erm, can I use those natural attacks as ranged touch attacks? if so, that would work very well...

OldTrees1
2013-09-07, 05:43 PM
Erm, can I use those natural attacks as ranged touch attacks? if so, that would work very well...

I didn't read your opening post sufficiently when I initially posted. Kobold and Monk would not help you but the Fighter variant will.

dspeyer
2013-09-07, 05:44 PM
There's always Haste

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 05:44 PM
I didn't read your opening post sufficiently when I initially posted. Kobold and Monk would not help you but the Fighter variant will.

I'll probobly take a dip in that after first level.

what about that monk variant that can flurry with weapons? would that work?

There's always Haste

Definitely one of the spells on my list.

OldTrees1
2013-09-07, 05:58 PM

I only know how to use monk to flurry with monk weapons and I do not know how to make that item count as a monk weapon. There are some non monk weapons that monks can adopt by spending a feat. Ask your DM.

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 06:02 PM

It's not a good idea to dip too many classes. Try going for Spellsword if you want to be a fighty Sorcerer, it improves your casting and your fighting.

Paladin has some nice synergy with Sorcerer, but won't do anything to improve your attacks-per-round other than the higher BaB.

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 06:04 PM
He has also said that an amulet of natural attacks would apply to produce flame(his reasoning being that it's basically just augmenting a natural attack)

Unfortunately, the speed enchantment is really expensive and doesn't stack with haste, are there any other enchantments that would allow extra attacks?

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 06:09 PM
He has also said that an amulet of natural attacks would apply to produce flame(his reasoning being that it's basically just augmenting a natural attack)

Your DM is really bending over backwards to make this character work, isn't he? I approve. More DMs should be like that.

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 06:17 PM
Oh yes, he is. he even is allowing me to use morphing on it,(via the amulet of natural attacks) so i can turn the 1d6+1 fireballs into say, a falcon made of fire... this campaign is looking good :3

OldTrees1
2013-09-07, 06:22 PM
Yeah that is a good DM.

Speed[+3] gives an extra attack (use haste instead)
Skilled[+2] raises you BAB to 3/4th you HD (use prestige classes instead)

Other than that there are no weapon enhancements that increase your attacks.

I would consider Sorceror 4 / Kensai 2 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant Champion 5
You will have access to the 2 extra attack alternate feats, BAB +6 at level 8 and have BAB +11 at level 13-14 depending on if you take a level in Spellsword, Eldritch Knight or Sorceror after finishing Abjurant Champion.

Edit:
So at level 8 you would have 4 ranged touch attacks at you Dex modifier +0/+0/+0/-5
You would want to increase these attack rolls somehow but you would not need to hit ACs above 20 or so. 10 is more common for touch AC.

Pinkie Pyro
2013-09-07, 06:24 PM
Yeah that is a good DM.

Speed[+3] gives an extra attack
Skilled[+2] raises you BAB to 3/4th you HD

Other than that there are no weapon enhancements that increase your attacks.

I would consider Sorceror 4 / Kensai 2 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant Champion 5
You will have access to the 2 extra attack alternate feats, BAB +6 at level 8 and have BAB +11 at level 13-14 depending on if you take a level in Spellsword, Eldritch Knight or Sorceror after finishing Abjurant Champion.

thank you!

TroubleBrewing
2013-09-07, 08:12 PM
This may be of some use to you. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595)

ArcanistSupreme
2013-09-08, 01:02 AM
Is PF stuff allowed?