PDA

View Full Version : Spell to Power Erudite

Yogibear41
2013-09-07, 06:29 PM
If a normal erudite can learn new powers by making mental contact with a psionic creature then making the appropriate checks, could a spell to power erudite make mental contact with a wizard/sorcerer/cleric/etc to learn their spells and then convert them into powers?

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 06:31 PM
Well, it's already the most broken class in the entire game, so I can't see why not.

For prepared casters I'd say he can only learn spells they've got prepared, though.

Hrimhari
2013-09-07, 10:52 PM
Actually that is what he does doesn't he? He can make contact with a willing creature or an unconcious creature and roll his DC 15 spellcheck/Psicraft + level of spell he can learn so a 20 would get them up to lvl 5 spells or powers.

Least from my understanding

Nettlekid
2013-09-08, 01:13 AM
Yes, that's exactly what can happen. Spells are treated exactly like Discipline Powers for purposes of the StP Erudite learning them.

Keep in mind that it's Arcane spells only, so no go on the Cleric. However, Recasters, Wyrm Wizards, and arguably Geomancers can make a divine spell arcane, so you can learn it from those guys.

Rubik
2013-09-08, 01:18 AM
Yes, that's exactly what can happen. Spells are treated exactly like Discipline Powers for purposes of the StP Erudite learning them.

Keep in mind that it's Arcane spells only, so no go on the Cleric. However, Recasters, Wyrm Wizards, and arguably Geomancers can make a divine spell arcane, so you can learn it from those guys.The magic mantle and 10 levels in rainbow servant or three levels in illithid savant could get you all cleric spells on your learnable list.

Alternately, Expanded Knowledge could conceivably get you a single divine spell of your choice through those classes you mentioned.

Yogibear41
2013-09-08, 02:41 AM
Well I was actually looking into it for a theoretical e6 build, where I would only be taking 5 levels of the class+1 level of non-casting homebrew racial hit die if you will(pseudo-dragon). Originally was planning wizard and was going to heavily invest into feats and 1 level of mage of the arcane order to try to come as close as possible to being a spontaneous caster.

Had the idea for going erudite instead, thereby still giving me the ability to have the roleplaying aspect of the guy always seeking new sources of knowledge/spells/powers and I suppose even to a greater extent now than before since he can learn spells AND powers.

Also a little off topic, but would there be anyway to get stone-shape known by an erudite? Love that spell :smallsmile: so many possibilities.