PDA

View Full Version : Feat selection help

ZeroSpace9000
2013-09-07, 07:10 PM
I'm in a PF/3.5 that has just started up, and I'm looking for suggestions on feats to take. For reference, this will be primarily Pathfinder, plus select 3.5 material with DM approval. I'm planning on playing a Drow Binder, with Paimon being my primary vestige. I anticipate being high Dex/Cha, and I'm looking for some way to get either Charisma or Dexterity added to both attack and damage rolls.
I will likely be taking Weapon Finesse, but what to do after that? My first thought would be Dervish Dance, however I'm not proficient with scimitars, and I'd like to keep the favours I ask of the Dm to a minimum. Also, I really don't want to break out scimitar wielding drow if I can help it.

Oh, and my level one feat is Improved Binding. That's not up for negotiation. With a lvl 3 start, that will let me bind Paimon right out of the gate.

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-07, 07:14 PM
To get Dexterity added to damage, you'll want Shadow Blade (Tome of Battle) - although that requires a Shadow Hand stance, so it'll either cost you two feats (Martial Study and Martial Stance) as prerequisites or a Swordsage dip. For the stance, I suggest Assassin's Stance, because +2d6 sneak attack is nice.

For Charisma, Snowflake Wardance (Frostburn) is the only feat I can think of, and that requires a Bard dip.

Edit: Actually saying what books the feats are from would be helpful, Yuki.

ZeroSpace9000
2013-09-07, 08:21 PM
No book restrictions, save that I'd prefer to keep the exact amount of 3.5 material down if I can.

Edit: Found a PF updated X-to-Y list, and there's not too much to pick from, Pathfinder or otherwise. I'll probably see about acquiring an agile weapon at some point. So, with that said, any suggestions on feats in general? General binder advice is also welcome.