PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] All Creatures Great And Small

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-22, 11:04 AM
Disperse [General]
Your swarm shape is erratic and unpredictable.
Prerequisite: Swarm subtype, Int 1 or higher
Benefit: The swarm may disperse, speading themselves out thin. They move their base speed as a standard action, or 4x that as a full action, from the original square in a spreading sphere. The swarm must then spend these actions to regroup. While dispersed the swarm deals no damage to those within their area but can themselves suffer no damage from attacks. They may still be harmed by area affects, but only those that fully encompass the swarm's new area.

Divide and Conquer [General]
Your swarm is capable of splitting up.
Prerequisite: Mob or swarm type, Int 1 or higher
Benefit: You may fragment yourselves into a number of individual units. As a move action the swarm may split into two identical swarms, each with half of the original’s current hit points (round down). The split swarm appears in an adjacent square. Each swarm may continue to split. A swarm with 5 hit points or less cannot be further split and is destroyed if reduced to 0 hit points.

Irongut [General]
You have an exceedingly resilient stomach.
Benefit: The AC of your gizzard equals that of your normal natural AC and has 5 extra hit points more than normal for your race per size category over medium.
Normal: The Armor Class of the interior of a creature that swallows whole is normally 10 + 1/2 its natural armor bonus, with no modifiers for size or Dexterity.

One With the Hills [General]
You are so large you are often overlooked by smaller creatures.
Prerequisites: Gargantuan or Colossal Size
Benefit: While in your natural terrain or an Urban setting you take no size penalty to your Hide checks and as long as you remain unmoving you are considered to be hid. You must still roll a hide check when you might be possibly spotted, though this takes no action. Creatures with the scent ability can still detect you, but they must make a spot check to notice you. You may only use this feat once per encounter.
Normal: Gargantuan creatures take a -12 penalty to hide checks, and a Colossal creature a -16 penalty.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-22, 11:35 AM
The last one doesn't really makes sense for everything. So a red dragon sitting in the middle of a plain of green grass can still hide easilly?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-22, 11:41 AM
The last one doesn't really makes sense for everything. So a red dragon sitting in the middle of a plain of green grass can still hide easilly?
Yup. Fun ain't it? It could do the same with a number of other feats or possible class abilities. Cloak Dance comes to mind. Twirl about and you're gone despite you take up an entire room.

Hopefully however the DM will attempt to use this in a sane and likely manner. But really, you see this sort of thing all the time in shows and the like. Something is just standing around hulking and folks think its legs are just pillars or somesuch.

Khantalas
2006-12-22, 11:43 AM
Can we steal the feats for our Shadow of the Colossus game? Can we, preciouss?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-22, 11:46 AM
Can we steal the feats for our Shadow of the Colossus game? Can we, preciouss?
Thats what I put them out here for :smallamused:

(To be used that is, not just for your games in particular...)

Duke of URL
2006-12-22, 11:57 AM

Agreed. There should be something in there requiring a suitable camouflage background.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-02-02, 03:19 PM
Agreed. There should be something in there requiring a suitable camouflage background.
Well, how would you determine that?

Also just added 'Irongut'.

Maroon
2007-02-02, 03:40 PM
"Gee, I didn't knew rocks came in such interesting shapes and colors! Wait, did I just saw it move? Must have been a small earthquake."

Or...

"That one's shaped like a horse!"
"Look, a puppy!"
"I can see a boat!"
"Does that cloud look like a white dragon to you?"

Nice.

Indon
2007-02-02, 03:54 PM
Well, how would you determine that?

Natural terrain, same wording that is found in the ability descriptions for the Ranger's Hide in Plain Sight ability.

Edit: Actually, that's a seperate issue (Red dragon hiding in parking lot, more like). For this one, perhaps something more like halving the size penalty would be appropriate?

"In terrain in which a creature is not appropriate or familiar with (e.g. a hill giant in a forest), the creature instead suffers one-half of its' normal size penalty to Hide.

Golthur
2007-02-02, 05:33 PM
Disperse [General]

Divide and Conquer [General]

Oh, I can make good use of these. Mwa ha ha ha ha! :amused:

Icewalker
2007-02-05, 03:14 AM
I like them, although how often do swarms take feats? Can you imagine a PC playing a swarm character? That'd be fun.

I like the One with the Hills, but I agree with Indon, maybe they should still get half their penalty instead of none if they are in a place where they might stand out.