PDA

View Full Version : Thought build. another lol character: Udyr

Socratov
2013-09-08, 05:09 AM
So, first off I have no idea if it has been done before, but it looked like a good idea to me. I'd like to build Udyr (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Udyr), a character form league of legends, in a 3.5 setting.

so to reiterate (for those who didn't click the link by now), Udyr has 5 aspects:

passive: Monkey's agility.

Whenever Udyr chages stances (or uses an bility) he gets bonus movementspeed and bonus attackspeed.

Tiger Stance:

Udyr takes on the aspects of a tiger: bonus attackspeed and bonus damage

Turtle Stance:

Udyr gains a shield and lifesteal

Bear Stance:

increased movement speed and a stun (and minidash)

Phoenix Stance:

Attacks set the enemy on fire, activation does a fiery burst.

Weapons: none (so far)

Chassis: druid into warshaper

So, please help me make this, it woudl be awesome to see it working...

Snowbluff
2013-09-08, 07:25 AM
Druid? He seems more like a Martial Adept to me. :smallconfused:

Perhaps a Master of Nine.

Socratov
2013-09-08, 08:26 AM
The reason I went for druid is because it is an easy entrance to warshper allowing to show the transformations. However, ifyou have a better idea please share :smallamused:

Lonely Tylenol
2013-09-08, 08:28 AM
Udyr is definitely a Swordsage, or a Master of the Nine, even. The best way to manage this would probably be to have a martial stance which reflects one-half of his ability, and a maneuver that reflects his other half.

His passive (Monkey's Agility) could be represented by the first-level Desert Wind boost Wind Stride, or with Martial Stance (following Martial Study, unfortunately) into the third-level Iron Heart stance Absolute Steel Stance, attainable at level 6.

His Q (Tiger Stance) could have its stance activation represented by the first-level Tiger Claw maneuver Wolf Fang Strike (rank 1, assuming "Unarmed Strike" can count as two weapons for this purpose; the first-level Iron Heart maneuver Steel Wind otherwise), the second-level Desert Wind maneuver Flashing Sun (rank 2), the fifth-level Tiger Claw boost Dancing Mongoose (rank 3), the eighth-level Tiger Claw boost Raging Mongoose (rank 4), and the ninth-level Diamond Mind strike Time Stands Still (rank 5), perhaps in conjunction with either Dancing Mongoose or Raging Mongoose. The persistent effect could be represented with the first-level Iron Heart stance Punishing Stance.

His W (Turtle Stance) could have its stance activation represented by the first-level Stone Dragon maneuver Stone Bones (rank 1), the sixth-level Stone Dragon maneuver Iron Bones (rank ~3), and the eight-level Stone Dragon maneuver Adamantine bones (rank ~5). The persistent effect could be represented with the first-level Devoted Spirit stance Martial Spirit.

His E (Bear Stance) would have its stance activation best represented by the first-level Desert Wind boost Wind Stride (rank 1), and later the seventh-level Diamond Mind boost Quicksilver Motion (rank 4). You could thereafter change stances into Absolute Steel Stance, because the persistent effect of Bear Stance is best represented by strikes: specifically, the second-level Stone Dragon strike Stone Vise (rank 1), the fourth-level Stone Dragon strike Overwhelming Mountain Strike (rank 2), the sixth-level Stone Dragon strike Irresistible Mountain Strike (rank 3), the fifth-level (yes, there's regression here!) Diamond Mind maneuver Disrupting Strike (rank 4), and the eighth-level White Raven maneuver White Raven Hammer (rank 5).

His R (Phoenix Stance) would have its persistent effect best represented by the second-level Desert Wind maneuver Hatchling's Flame (rank 1), the fifth-level Desert Wind maneuver Dragon's Flame (rank 2), and the eighth-level Desert Wind maneuver Wyrm's Flame (rank 3). There is no perfect match for its stance activation, but the third-level Desert Wind stance Holocaust Cloak comes fairly close.

Flash is best represented through the seventh-level Shadow Hand maneuver Shadow Blink. :smalltongue:

Obviously, you would take the Unarmed Swordsage variant, and/or the Superior Unarmed Strike feat, and focus on dealing damage through unarmed strikes. Maneuver progression dictates what class levels you would take and when; I'm a little too exhausted to determine the best build order at this exact moment. Master of the Nine seems like a logical choice, since a lot of the specific maneuvers you are taking come from the Stone Dragon, Iron Heart, Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, and Tiger Claw schools, which already require all three classes to get independent of feats.

Snowbluff
2013-09-08, 09:32 AM
Mr. Tylenol pretty much covered my thoughts on the matter. :smalltongue:

Socratov
2013-09-08, 09:51 AM
Udyr is definitely a Swordsage, or a Master of the Nine, even. The best way to manage this would probably be to have a martial stance which reflects one-half of his ability, and a maneuver that reflects his other half.

His passive (Monkey's Agility) could be represented by the first-level Desert Wind boost Wind Stride, or with Martial Stance (following Martial Study, unfortunately) into the third-level Iron Heart stance Absolute Steel Stance, attainable at level 6.

His Q (Tiger Stance) could have its stance activation represented by the first-level Tiger Claw maneuver Wolf Fang Strike (rank 1, assuming "Unarmed Strike" can count as two weapons for this purpose; the first-level Iron Heart maneuver Steel Wind otherwise), the second-level Desert Wind maneuver Flashing Sun (rank 2), the fifth-level Tiger Claw boost Dancing Mongoose (rank 3), the eighth-level Tiger Claw boost Raging Mongoose (rank 4), and the ninth-level Diamond Mind strike Time Stands Still (rank 5), perhaps in conjunction with either Dancing Mongoose or Raging Mongoose. The persistent effect could be represented with the first-level Iron Heart stance Punishing Stance.

His W (Turtle Stance) could have its stance activation represented by the first-level Stone Dragon maneuver Stone Bones (rank 1), the sixth-level Stone Dragon maneuver Iron Bones (rank ~3), and the eight-level Stone Dragon maneuver Adamantine bones (rank ~5). The persistent effect could be represented with the first-level Devoted Spirit stance Martial Spirit.

His E (Bear Stance) would have its stance activation best represented by the first-level Desert Wind boost Wind Stride (rank 1), and later the seventh-level Diamond Mind boost Quicksilver Motion (rank 4). You could thereafter change stances into Absolute Steel Stance, because the persistent effect of Bear Stance is best represented by strikes: specifically, the second-level Stone Dragon strike Stone Vise (rank 1), the fourth-level Stone Dragon strike Overwhelming Mountain Strike (rank 2), the sixth-level Stone Dragon strike Irresistible Mountain Strike (rank 3), the fifth-level (yes, there's regression here!) Diamond Mind maneuver Disrupting Strike (rank 4), and the eighth-level White Raven maneuver White Raven Hammer (rank 5).

His R (Phoenix Stance) would have its persistent effect best represented by the second-level Desert Wind maneuver Hatchling's Flame (rank 1), the fifth-level Desert Wind maneuver Dragon's Flame (rank 2), and the eighth-level Desert Wind maneuver Wyrm's Flame (rank 3). There is no perfect match for its stance activation, but the third-level Desert Wind stance Holocaust Cloak comes fairly close.

Flash is best represented through the seventh-level Shadow Hand maneuver Shadow Blink. :smalltongue:

Obviously, you would take the Unarmed Swordsage variant, and/or the Superior Unarmed Strike feat, and focus on dealing damage through unarmed strikes. Maneuver progression dictates what class levels you would take and when; I'm a little too exhausted to determine the best build order at this exact moment. Master of the Nine seems like a logical choice, since a lot of the specific maneuvers you are taking come from the Stone Dragon, Iron Heart, Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, and Tiger Claw schools, which already require all three classes to get independent of feats.

Ok, you win, so how many levels would you need and would you have enough to get into warshaper going for some cosmetic effects?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-09-08, 10:53 AM
You can loose at most 6 levels if you want to still get 9th level maneuvers, but if you take the most permissive interpretation (all prestige classes add full levels to IL) you could go full warshaper.

For entry I would suggest Changeling or quasy-lycanthrope.

Lonely Tylenol
2013-09-08, 02:43 PM
Ok, you win, so how many levels would you need and would you have enough to get into warshaper going for some cosmetic effects?

Since there is only one ninth-level maneuver needed here (Time Stands Still), and three eighth-level maneuvers (Raging Mongoose, White Raven Hammer, Wyrm's Flame), you can conceivably manage all five levels of Warshaper as long as Swordsage and/or Master of the Nine is at the tail end, but I don't know what you need five levels of Warshaper for that Changeling couldn't basically do.

Point of note: Firebird Stance is basically Phoenix Stance's activation effect in martial stance form, and six levels of Jade Phoenix Mage would allow for easier access to Master of the Nine by offering access to Devoted Spirit maneuvers.

Snowbluff
2013-09-08, 02:54 PM
Point of note: Firebird Stance is basically Phoenix Stance's activation effect in martial stance form, and six levels of Jade Phoenix Mage would allow for easier access to Master of the Nine by offering access to Devoted Spirit maneuvers.

Easier Access? Swordsage knows six schools innately. :smalltongue:

Lonely Tylenol
2013-09-08, 05:16 PM
Easier Access? Swordsage knows six schools innately. :smalltongue:

Yeah, but then we don't have to deal with Setting Sun, which Udyr doesn't use, and I don't like. :smallyuk:

Snowbluff
2013-09-08, 05:24 PM
Yeah, but then we don't have to deal with Setting Sun, which Udyr doesn't use, and I don't like. :smallyuk::smalltongue:
Counter Charge- Ruin a Charge
Step of the Wind- Ignore Difficult Terrain.

It looks like the 1 maneuver investment and possible stance are not that bad for level 1.