PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Printable Version

tape_measure
2006-12-22, 12:14 PM
So a question came up in the Gaming Articles Thread about having those wonderful tips and suggestions Rich developed be viewable in a printer friendly screen.

Is this a possibility?

Everything I've seen so far as the OGL tag slapped on it, so I figured it was viable. As it stands, when you print off anything, you get that not-so-famous SideBar and only half of the actual content.

Thanks (for at least looking this over)
TM

Roland St. Jude
2007-01-09, 06:27 PM
It is physically possible. However, it is sufficiently difficult/time consuming/etc. to be very low on the list of priorities for those who would be required to make it work. So, I guess, good idea, and it's been logged and noted, but it's unlikely to happen.

Amotis
2007-01-10, 01:10 AM
A simple cut paste to any decent word system should do the trick I think.

Rawhide
2007-01-10, 03:21 AM
The good thing about OGL, is that anyone anywhere can easily and legally repost any OGL content themselves. Just not the stuff that Rich has not released under OGL.

tape_measure
2007-01-10, 01:39 PM
Alright, a response! Thanks, guys!

I suggested the cut and paste method, but I know it's a bit tedious to ahve to do from time to time.

I know it's not the most important bit, but thanks for looking it over.

Rawhide
2007-01-10, 02:07 PM
*cough*Anyone can make a printable version of the OGL content and post it.*cough* Guess I wasn't clear enough in my last post...

tape_measure
2007-01-10, 03:36 PM
so...you're saying...

wait...

hold on...it's comin'

I can...copy..the article...and then....psot it...withOUT obtaining a infraction...? [/sarcasm]

Rawhide
2007-01-10, 06:35 PM
Actually, no. I'm saying that anyone, not just you, can copy the parts released under the OGL as long as they include and follow the rules of the OGL. Therefore, anyone, not just you, can make a printable version of all of the content that has been released under the OGL.