PDA

View Full Version : DnD 4e Orcus's Downfall Part 2: The Red Box

zingbobco000
2013-09-08, 01:37 PM
Hi guys this is right now the time to just role play how your chars are doing when they're in a tavern and how they interact with each other.

You should all have 200 EXP right now.

Let the randomness begin!

EDIT: Your char sees all the other PCs so you can interact with them.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-08, 02:18 PM
(Minus Mine, mine is elsewhere. He'll meet the group later: GM approved)

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-08, 03:05 PM
The Red Box

The Town Of Fallcrest : The Blue Moon Alehouse

Having fought off the small band of goblins you return to town of Fallcrest in search of other adventurer's to join you on your quest. Based on the advice of a local merchant you've found yourself in the Blue Moon Alehouse, perhaps here you will find what you seek.

This brewhouse on the banks of the Moonwash Stream is the best tavern in Fallcrest. The owner is a nervous, easily flustered fellow of fifty or so named Par Winnomer. The true genius behind the Blue Moon is the halfling brewmaster Kemara Brownbottle. She is happy to let Par fret about running the taphouse, while she spends her time perfecting her selection of ales and beers.

The Blue Moon is popular with halfling traders whose boats tie up along the Lower Quay, well-off town merchants, and the farmers who live in the countryside south of Fallcrest. The old dwarves Teldorthan and Sergeant Murgeddin hoist a tankard or two here on frequent occasion, word around town is that both can provide beginning adventurers with good leads on potential adventures. But first and foremost, you need a party and must focus on the goblin menace.

The Adventuring Party

Character|Player|Race|Class|Color
Syline Greenleaf (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=9799)|Ekles|Elf|Ranger|Yellow-Green

Rook Deadeye (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=649628)|Bounty Hunter|Half Orc|Fighter|Dark Red

Nazim al-Imon (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12740)|Ardurious|Tiefling|Bard|Dark Orange

Kratos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=649242)|blackwind1kaze|Dvati |Avenger|Red

Elliot Lightspear (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=649877)|Inspectre|Human|Pala din/Barbarian|Deep Sky Blue

Dachald Akula (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=650012)|tman2nd|Dragonborn |Warlord|Sienna

The Map And Character Data
[Click Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apld7KjNj7FHdDF0eTVUc3pGX3RGcDdOT2JjTUJRT Hc#gid=10)]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-08, 03:23 PM
The sun beats down on the town of Fallcrest; another warm day that makes you wish for a breeze to bring the cool air from Nentir Falls down and across the lower district.

At the southern edge of town, where King's Road winds through the stone wall and south through the farmlands a solitary figure can be found. Thick boots clomping wearily on the hard road, a towering half-orc man walks through town with purpose. His well tanned skin proudly brandishes both old scars and fresh wounds. His thick black hair is tied back in a pony tail and he scrunches his brow in the blinding sunlight. A few beads of sweat form along his forhead, and with the motion of his next step is rolls it's way down his face and along a wicked locking scar that crosses from his brow to cheekbone over his left eye before being wiped away. The man's left eye, milky white with blindess, stares down the road in vain as its counterpart search for the sign of The Blue Moon.

When he finally arrives at his destination, Rook pushes through the door and into the cool shade of the alehouse. Walking directly to the barkeep he places a few coins down on the well-worn, wooden bar and asks for the best ale in the house. Once he has he drink he sits at a table near the corner, propping his massive axe against the wall, and surveys the other patrons with a watchful eye.

zingbobco000
2013-09-08, 05:22 PM
The barkeep turns to you and says, "the best ale you say? Why that would be the blue moon special." He then says much louder "One blue moon special!" by 30 seconds the barkeep hands you the frothing tankard. As you turn away from the bar, you see some dwarves, humans, most of them soldiers of sorts of smithies. Though 3 people stick out, an elf with a bow on her back and two scabbards that seem to hold blades, a tifeling who seems to be one of the bardish type, and a human with a large spear diagonally on his back.

They notice you and they glance at you, watching you.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-08, 05:42 PM
The half-orc's good eye watches the patrons of the alehouse from above the rim of his wooden tankard as he sips on his drink heartily. For the most part the people here seem to be merchants or farmers of a variety of sorts, there are a few dwarfs that look like they might be smithies, and a few soldiers from the town guard. A handful of individuals stand out though, potential adventurers that might take up interest in handling the growing goblin problem in the wilds. He cant currently recall if he's see any of them around town here in Fallcrest, but he is relatively new himself so he doesnt yet know many people.

Finally finishing his tankard of ale he wipes his mouth with the back of a still-dirty hand and sets the tankard down on the small, round, wooden table. In his head he weighs the option of getting another.

ekles
2013-09-08, 11:29 PM
seems I've been placed within the pub; I'll roll with it :smallwink:

Syline finishes her wine and expires long and slowly. She contemplates the taste and smiles, raising the empty horn to the barkeep.

"My thanks and compliments, Par!" she calls in a gleeful tune. The elf places her horn upon the bar and leaves a bit on the side as she winds in her stool toward the newest entrant, a tall, muscular orcish man she could swear she'd seen in her travels. Noting the axe at his back, Syline turned to the other patrons. Many of them carried weapons, and several looked as haggard and bruised as she. The lair stretched too deeply for her to go it alone, and she'd still needed to retrieve Traevus' cargo. She'd found many a venture-companion in bars and seedier locales over the years, so why not now? The elf rose from her seat and shifted nearer the towering half orc.
"Pardon my intrusion to your drink, warrior," she began, placing her weight against the bar with one willowy arm. "But could I make a request of your time? I have a proposition for you; there would be some coin in it, and your assistance would not be in vain."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 12:43 AM
Having been done with his drink for ten minutes or so, Rook leans back in his chair and relaxes. He continues to watch the other patrons go about their day, and to pass the time he sloshes around a bit of foam left clinging to near the bottom of his tankard. About the time he decides to order a second ale, an elven woman from the bar (the one beside him as he ordered upon entering) begins to walk his way.
"Pardon my intrusion to your drink, warrior; But could I make a request of your time? I have a proposition for you; there would be some coin in it, and your assistance would not be in vain."The half-orc nods politely to the woman, but leans around her to motion to the barkeep for a second ale. Focusing his attention back to her, he motions to one of the three other wooden chairs at his table. He bites at the inside of his cheek for a moment then, clears his throat and speaks up. And what, m'lady, did you have in mind? He studies her for half a moment longer, then looks to the bar in regards to the ale.

Inspectre
2013-09-09, 05:38 AM
From a seat at one of the tables in the corner, Elliot looks around at the assembled patrons while sipping his water. No doubt the barkeep wasn't particularly happy with Elliot's chosen drink, but for the moment he wanted to keep his head clear, and he had little money to waste on alcohol. Finishing his drink, Elliot decides to go with the direct approach and moves to stand up on top of his chair.

"May I have everyone's attention for a moment!?"

The paladin yells, hoping his voice would carry over the din of conversation within the pub.

"There is a lair of goblins not far from here that have been preying on merchant caravans! I know the location of that lair, and am seeking aid to deal with them! While I cannot offer any financial compensation, I am sure that the people of Fallcrest will be very grateful for riding them of this threat!"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 09:08 AM
Raising an eyebrow in curiosity, Rook leans to look past the elven woman and at the strange man who has taken standing on a chair in the middle of the room and was yelling something about goblins. Focusing his attention back to Syline he motions with his head in a quick nod towards the man. "You were saying something about compensation?" Noticing his ale had been placed at the end of the bar, he holds up a solitary finger, steps to grab it, then returns to his seat. Ignoring the man still standing on his chair for now he continues his conversation with the elf.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 02:21 PM
"Actually - if I may be so bold as to inerject - he specifically said he cannot offer compensation," Nazim barely looks up from his lute. He has been tuning it incessantly for nearly half an hour now, "He wishes for us to do this deed - risking life and limb and all that - for the simple gratitude of the people of this small town. And perhaps the fleeting chance at some form of reward."

He strums the strings of his instrument. It still sounds off to him. He resumes work on it.

zingbobco000
2013-09-09, 02:29 PM
You guys ready to start, should I do the hook?

If you want to continue roleplaying, just do that.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 02:44 PM
"Actually - if I may be so bold as to inerject - he specifically said he cannot offer compensation, He wishes for us to do this deed - risking life and limb and all that - for the simple gratitude of the people of this small town. And perhaps the fleeting chance at some form of reward." Turning to the man who had interrupted the conversation before the elf could repond, Rook responds in a half growl; "I heard what the man said fool...I was addressing the lady" He points to the woman across the table from him and takes another drink, not taking his eyes off the man. "A conversation that I would have preffered stayed private. Do you make a habit of sitting in taverns with out of tune instruments and butting in?" He takes another drink and turns back to his table before the man with the lute responds.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 02:54 PM
"'Tis my trade, I fear, to stick my nose where it doesn't belong," the tiefling stands from his seat and approaches the half-orc and the elf. He gently traces the curved edge of the half-orc's axe with his finger, "One doesn't make coin in this day and age minding one's own business," he casts a playful glance to the paladin behind him, "Isn't that right, my noble friend?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 03:08 PM
"'Tis my trade, I fear, to stick my nose where it doesn't belong," When the tiefling reaches out and touches his axe Rook tenses up and slides the chair back slightly, making a bit of noise as it scrapes along the wooden floorboards. With a very serious tone he readresses the man: "I'm less concerned with you putting your nose where it doesnt belong, than I am with you putting your hands where they dont belong." He growls; his right hand ready to reach for the mans wrist or the axe handle, and his left foot tense and ready to deliver a blow to his shin.
"One doesn't make coin in this day and age minding one's own business," Rook scoffs "...And I'd imagine that one doesnt make coin in this day and age as a one handed lute player. Hands off the axe."

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 03:31 PM
"...And I'd imagine that one doesnt make coin in this day and age as a one handed lute player. Hands off the axe."

"My, my, who pissed in your ale," Nazim withdraws his hand quickly and secrets it behind his back. He gives the barmaid a wink "His next round's on me,"

He turns his attention back to the big half-orc. "I meant no offense. I'm merely interested in getting in on this little arrangement you have going here," he flashes the elf a grin, "Surely you've got an opening or two."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 04:00 PM
"My, my, who pissed in your ale," "You did.." He gives a small point to Nazim's chest and brings his hand back down to the ready in case he should need to grab the axe to prove a point.
"I meant no offense. I'm merely interested in getting in on this little arrangement you have going here. Surely you've got an opening or two."Rook nods along as the man talks as if to say "Yeah Yeah" and as soon as he finishes quickly retorts; "If you wanted in on the conversation theres a proper way to do so... but instead you butt in with presumptions and then go putting your hands where they dont belong." The half-orc points to the axe as if to emphasize his next point "Maybe we do... but touch my axe again and you'll have a new opening or two as well. Now either wipe that dumb grin off your face and sit down, or get out of my sight." He grabs his mug, takes a long draw from the ale, and finishes off the rest of the tankard.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 04:24 PM
Nazim chuckles, then takes a seat beside the big half-orc. He makes a visible effort to keep his face stoic.

"A pint of ale, if you wouldn't mind." he places a few silver pieces on the counter.

zingbobco000
2013-09-09, 04:30 PM
That was the end of the conversation?

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 06:52 PM
Rook turns his attention back to Syline and tries to take his mind off Nazim.

Tris
2013-09-09, 08:18 PM
Dachald Akula, a strong looking dragonborn, marches into the tavern and surveys the crowd. He holds a large axe and wears chainmail armor. The elf, teifling and half-orc catch his attention. He walks over and says, "Sorry to interrupt, but you three look like capable warriors. Would you be willing to join me on a quest to rid this area of the goblin threat?"

Inspectre
2013-09-09, 08:22 PM
Seeing no one come forward to help deal with the goblins was disappointing, but hardly surprising to Elliot. No one wanted to bother themselves to help other people anymore, certainly not for free. Apparently Elliot would need to deal with the goblins on his own after all. Perhaps he could figure out a way to lure them out piecemeal. Or he would fight to the death against them and join his tribe in the afterlife - such was the typical fate of a paladin.

Stepping down from the chair, Elliot grabs his tankard and returns it to the bar. While at the bar he spares a glance at the half-orc and the fool who thought it a good idea to provoke him. But it appeared that they resolved their dispute without actual bloodshed, and so Elliot put them out of his mind as he addressed the barkeep.

"Thanks for the drink. I'll be in my room at the inn should anyone decide to take me up on my offer after all. I'll check back in during the morning."

And with that, Elliot turned away and headed for his room. Once there, he began to take off his armor and examined the fresh bruises that had been left on his body by the goblins' weapons today. Nothing he hadn't experienced before - a good night's sleep should be more than enough for him to be back in peak shape for the battle tomorrow.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 08:37 PM
Nazim turns to watch the paladin as he walks dejectedly from the room. A grin forms on the tiefling's thin lips, and he attampts to hide a chuckle from the burly half-orc. A thought crosses his mind.

"If you would pardon me for a brief bit, I'm going to see if I can convince the human to take up our cause," he speaks over his shoulder to the others as he stands, "Or rather, that we'd like to take up his." He makes a quick pass by his original table to grab his lute before mounting the stairs.

He arrives at the paladin's room some moments later and gives a loud rap on the door. Hmm. I do hope I've picked the right door. He muses. I believe this is the one I saw him go into.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 08:44 PM
The three individuals at the table barely have time to return to the conversation at hand before the man steps down from his chair, and after a few words with the barkeep, retires from the room. At the same moment a large Dragonborn enters, and without too much hesitation walks straight towards their table.
"Sorry to interrupt, but you three look like capable warriors. Would you be willing to join me on a quest to rid this area of the goblin threat?"The half-orc leans back in his chair, sighs, and rolls his eyes; again, visually upset by yet another interruption to the conversation. He had simply came to the alehouse for a few drinks and in just shy of a half hour had seen four other adventurers in need. "By the nine hells! Does every single person in this down have some sort of calamity that they need assistance with!? And must they all be drawn to MY table." It's at the point that Nazim dismisses himself
"If you would pardon me for a brief bit, I'm going to see if I can convince the human to take up our cause,"He said something else, but Rook had already turned back to the Dragonborn with a serious, one-eyed stare.

Inspectre
2013-09-09, 08:51 PM
"Yes?"

Elliot calls, his head snapping from his injuries over to the door. Getting up, he abandons the removed portions of his armor, but as he goes he does snatch up the spear propped up against the wall. One could never be too careful these days. Grasping the shaft of the weapon with one hand, Elliot positions the weapon behind the door and then unlocks it and opens it a crack to peer through at the man who had just knocked. The same trouble-maker who had nearly gotten punched out - or worse - by the half-orc. Elliot inwardly groaned, but forced a neutral expression on his face.

"Can I help you with something, sir?"

Tris
2013-09-09, 08:59 PM
"By the nine hells! Does every single person in this down have some sort of calamity that they need assistance with!? And must they all be drawn to MY table."
"I'm sorry. I was only making an offer." And with that Dachald walks away from the table.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 09:04 PM
Nazim senses the man's disgust the moment he meets his eyes. My, normally people get to know me first before openly disliking me. He grins at the thought, then stops a moment and wonders why. He chuckles and dismisses it.

"I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong foot," he attempts to keep his tone neutral, devoid of the amusement he is feeling, "I meant no disrespect to you with that noble crack. It was completely heartfelt, I assure you. What I've disturbed you for - most regrettably, I might add - is to offer the services of myself and my compatriots in this goblin-slaying venture of yours."

He pauses a moment before continuing, "If you would have us, we're four strong and more than willing to do whatever must be done to rid this idyllic littke town of this green menace," he grins broadly at the man, "In exchange for an even share of whatever we might happen upon, as well as whatever may be presented to us upon our return."

zingbobco000
2013-09-09, 09:05 PM
"Yes?"

Elliot calls, his head snapping from his injuries over to the door. Getting up, he abandons the removed portions of his armor, but as he goes he does snatch up the spear propped up against the wall. One could never be too careful these days. Grasping the shaft of the weapon with one hand, Elliot positions the weapon behind the door and then unlocks it and opens it a crack to peer through at the man who had just knocked. The same trouble-maker who had nearly gotten punched out - or worse - by the half-orc. Elliot inwardly groaned, but forced a neutral expression on his face.

"Can I help you with something, sir?"

You see a tiefling with armor that seems to be made with an animal's skin and a shield and staff slung across his back. He is also carrying a lute.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 09:06 PM
"I'm sorry. I was only making an offer."Rook calls after the dragonborn as he walks away: "Fine! But I just think its ironic that the moment one man stops yelling about some goblin lair and retires for the night, another one comes in with the same problem. What is it, some sort of running gag?"

Inspectre
2013-09-09, 09:35 PM
Elliot regards the tiefling critically for several long moments. His training told him that all individuals should be judged on their own merits; his instincts told him that anything touched by fiends was evil and should be destroyed. After a few moments though, the training won out and Elliot forced a smiled unto his face. For now, he would take the tiefling at his word, conveniently timed though it may be, that his desire was about to be met.

"That sounds like a very fair deal to me, sir. Although would these other companions happen to include that half-orc I noticed you talking to earlier? He didn't seem like a particularly close friend of yours, if you pardon my opinion."

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 09:41 PM
"I have, unfortunately, made quite the habit of starting off on the wrong foot with people today," the tiefling admits, "It's actually rather embarrassing. I'm usually much more personable." He shrugs.

"Regardless, so long as we can keep his one-eyed ire pointed firmly in the direction of our enemies, I believe things will work out just fine."

Tris
2013-09-09, 10:00 PM
Rook calls after the dragonborn as he walks away: "Fine! But I just think its ironic that the moment one man stops yelling about some goblin lair and retires for the night, another one comes in with the same problem. What is it, some sort of running gag?"

Dachald turns around at this. "Wait. Did you say someone else wanted to deal with the goblins?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 10:09 PM
"Wait. Did you say someone else wanted to deal with the goblins?""Human ...Blonde hair...Not five minutes ago was in here yelling about killing a den of goblins. Fool made it a point to mention he wouldn't be paying though, didn't even offer to buy an ale for anyone. At this point Rook picks up his empty mug and shakes it back and forth as if to emphasize his point.

Tris
2013-09-09, 10:21 PM
Dachald looks around the room for the man that the half-orc just described. He spots the Elliot in conversation with the teifling. He walks up to them and asks, "Are you two planning on dealing with the goblin scourge that has afflicted this land?"

Oops.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 10:29 PM
DachaldElliot and Nazim are upstairs.

Tris
2013-09-09, 10:32 PM
"Human ...Blonde hair...Not five minutes ago was in here yelling about killing a den of goblins. Fool made it a point to mention he wouldn't be paying though, didn't even offer to buy an ale for anyone. At this point Rook picks up his empty mug and shakes it back and forth as if to emphasize his point.

"Do you know where he went?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 10:42 PM
"Do you know where he went?"Motioning off the the hallway out of the room: "Off to a room perhaps? An annoying teifling chased off after him...if you cant find the human, you wont miss him, thats for sure"

Tris
2013-09-09, 10:55 PM
Motioning off the the hallway out of the room: "Off to a room perhaps? An annoying teifling chased off after him...if you cant find the human, you wont miss him, thats for sure"
"Thank you."

Dachald walks into the hallway searching for the human and the tiefling. If he sees them, he says, "I heard you were searching for people to help you fight the goblins in this land. If that is the case I would like to join you."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-09, 11:02 PM
"Thank you.""Dont mention it..."

Rook turns back to the woman at the table with him and gives a slight grin. "So you were saying something about hiring me for 'public relations'...?" He chuckles slightly at his own joke.

Ardurious
2013-09-09, 11:05 PM
Nazim turns his attention to the new arrival. "My, we've got charitable souls crawling out of the woodwork today, it seems! My new friend and I were just discussing the terms of our payment," he motions to the human, "I don't believe he'd much mind cutting you in as well.

Inspectre
2013-09-10, 05:34 AM
At the newcomer's arrival and mention of joining, Elliot felt a sting of shame. He had condemned the people inside the tavern as being a bunch of self-centered lowlives, and here were two people offering their services. He had been wrong, as usual . . . but he would not make that same mistake again.

"Of course. Assuming splitting up whatever we find is alright with you, Mr . . . hrm. It seems we don't know each others names yet. I'm Elliot."

Elliot says, this time with a genuine smile.

"Leave in the morning soon enough for the two of you?"

Ardurious
2013-09-10, 11:04 AM
"Leave in the morning soon enough for the two of you?"

"That would all depend on what manner of hangover I'm nursing by then,"

Nazim turns his attention to the newcomer. "A fine evening to you as well, friend. I am Nazim al'Imon." Nazim makes a grand gesture with his arms before dropping into a deep bow.

Tris
2013-09-10, 12:12 PM
"Great! We can leave in the morning. My name is Dachald Akula. I will see you two then."

At this point, Dachald walks back into the main room to purchase a room. If nobody interrupts him, he goes to sleep in his room.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-10, 12:16 PM
A beggar interrupts Dachald saying while holding out a hand, "Alms? Alms for the poor?"

You can ignore this post, it was just too good to pass up XD

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-10, 03:16 PM
Deciding against any further alcohol, Rook hands his empty mug off to a passing attendant and leans back in his chair, the wooder chain leaning against the old wall only a few inches from his axe handle.

zingbobco000
2013-09-11, 02:30 PM
Elle's has been put on delay, in two days she will be dropped. You can continue, it is now 8:00 in the morning the following day.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-11, 03:31 PM
There Kratos sat, in the middle of the road meditating (At the Crossroads). Though uncommon for a divine person like him to meditate, he worshipped no true god so the only thing he could do was meditate. Those with wagons and even while walking usually avoided him but told him to move outta the way.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-11, 04:11 PM
As the sun begin to rise over the farmlands south of the town of Fallcrest, the half-orc awoke and begin packing up his bedroll and gear and preparing to move on. Sleeping outside had its shortcomings, especially in harsher climates and colder months, but for a mild summer morning like this it allowed the nomadic adventure to be up and on his way with the sun. Stealing an apple from a farmer's tree, he heads off down the road, munching on it as it went along...

Several hours pass, and though he discarded it quite a few miles back Rook was still picking at bits of apple between his teeth with the end of his tongue. His mind wandered from past battles to future plans and near about mid-morning he found himself approaching The Crossroads. It was here he planned to take his first break, and to give his feet a few moments rest, his scale boots provided him great protection in combat but gave for little comfort during a long days walk.

zingbobco000
2013-09-11, 04:39 PM
I'm assuming that you all somehow got to the crossroads (an intersection) explain how you all got there.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-11, 04:41 PM
Kratos soon heard the sounds of war. The sounds of scale boots marching toward where he sit. He immediately thought one of two things, either it was one man and not worth the effort of movement or it was an elite army that learned to make their footsteps sound as one.

Though the former made more sense than the latter, Kratos slowly stood to see who was coming his way. As he turned around, he used his right arm to push himself up from the ground. His arm though slightly pale in complexion showed these red markings that ran from his wrist to his shoulder. His face was also pale but had the looks of a Deva. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/roe_gallery/88247.jpg) His hair looked slightly grey but slightly silver. But what set him apart from normal was the cloth-like leather armor he wore. The hood was over his head and the outside was colored a darkened blue while the inside had a grey-like finish to it. (see character sheet picture)

When he finally saw the person walking, he sighed as he was wrong this time. It was just a Half-Orc in armor. He finished standing up holding his broadsword for the time being.

zingbobco000
2013-09-11, 04:50 PM
BH are you alone?

zingbobco000
2013-09-11, 05:39 PM
You have been walking for an hour or so + preparation time, so it's around 9:30 ish. You expect to reach the cave by 10:20. (this is basically just a bump)

Inspectre
2013-09-11, 06:04 PM
Waking in the morning, Elliot pauses briefly to pray, meditating on the battle that was inevitably to come this day. Hopefully, he and his new-found allies would be favored, and only the lifeblood of their enemies would stain the ground this day. But if not, Elliot would be at peace with his own mortality.

Moving on to more immediate affairs now, Elliot puts on his armor, and slings his weapon across his back before going back to the tavern where he had met the others. He orders a simple breakfast and waits for Nazim & Dachald to arrive. He is not kept waiting for long, and soon the band is out on the road, heading back towards the goblin cave that Elliot had discovered and very briefly explored the previous day.

Along the way, they come to a crossroads, which is already occupied by the half-orc from the tavern last night, and what appeared to be a servant of the gods themselves . . . a Deva. He gives the half-orc a terse but polite nod, and then favors the Deva with a low bow, his hands clasped in front of his chest.

"Greetings, God Servant. What brings you this way?"

Elliot asks the Deva, maintaining a tone of utmost respect but not *quite* managing to keep the curiosity out of his voice.

Ardurious
2013-09-11, 06:22 PM
Nazim's fingers slow on the strings of his lute as he and his compatriots come upon the grumpy half-orc. Barely mid-morning. I'd rather not have an axe at my throat so early.

A few paces closer and another figure comes into view. This one has ashen skin, criss-crossed by crimson tattoos, and a long mane of silvery-white hair that nearly covers his intense eyes. Nazim feels the familiar twinge of danger and - with one final pluck of the delicate strings - lets the lute drop to his side. His nimble fingers dance across the outline of the wand tucked between the folds of his tunic.

Let's see where this goes. I don't like the looks of this fellow.

"Greetings, God Servant. What brings you this way?"

"Ahh, such refreshing optimism," Nazim muses, "Hopefully he's in a talkative mood, rather than a 'slit our throats and take all of our stuff' mood."

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-11, 06:30 PM
"What makes you think i am a servant of the gods?" Kratos asks in Abyssal, his right arm twitching a little making it look like he may ready his sword at any moment to strike.

Tris
2013-09-11, 08:05 PM
"What makes you think i am a servant of the gods?" Kratos asks in Abyssal, his right arm twitching a little making it look like he may ready his sword at any moment to strike.

A confused frown comes on Dachald's face. He asks his companions, "Can you understand him?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-11, 09:03 PM
Suddenly finding himself directly in between a caravan full of the adventurers from the Blue Moon Alehouse and a strange man with a wicked broadsword, Rook remains quite for a moment while the two sides call back and forth to each other. He slowly makes his way towards the right hand side of the road, in an attempt to go around the man standing at the center of the crossing without startling him too much. The half-orc had a long way yet to walk today, and considering the interruptions to his drink last night, he was in no mood for idle chat if it kept him from continuing on. He kept his hands visible, and away from his weapon, but braced himself and kept a close eye on the new figure on the off-chance he was some sort of an ambush.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-11, 09:12 PM
"What makes you think i am a servant of the gods?" Kratos says again, this time in common, in a louder voice toward the group and even the Half-Orc. Kratos kept a weather eye on the Half-Orc as he spoke.

Inspectre
2013-09-11, 10:03 PM
Elliot raises an eyebrow in confusion when the creature first speaks, the words harsh and unpleasant . . . it sounds very much like something a demon might say. When it repeats itself, Elliot shrugs nonchalantly.

"Aren't we all servants of the gods in one way or another?"

And then he turns to his two companions and in a lower tone but still audible to the half-orc and creature adds.

"Is everyone around here so unfriendly? It seems like a simple greeting is provocation enough for a fight to the death!"

zingbobco000
2013-09-11, 10:17 PM
The howl of some wolves in the distance stops Elliot in mid-sentence, now the goblin lair was too much for just one of you to handle, but there's strength in numbers. Now your group is ready to handle the goblin menace and retrieve the stolen box. In the town of Fallcrest you met up with other brave adventurers - each of you brave and talented enough to take on the swarming goblins. You're on a lonley road, approaching the site of the goblin lair, the distant howl of wolves has followed you since you set out from Fallcrest, and now you see three of the beasts emerge from behind some rocks along the side of the road. The wolves growl menacingly. With a shrill cry, three goblins appear from behind a ruined tower and attack!

Goblins Initiative: [10]
Wolves Initiative: [10] (wolves before goblins)

Link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apld7KjNj7FHdDF0eTVUc3pGX3RGcDdOT2JjTUJRT Hc#gid=5

Ardurious
2013-09-11, 10:28 PM
Nazim rolls his eyes. "Well, there was bound to be something."

Initiative[roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-11, 10:52 PM
At the sound of the first wolf howl the half-orc begins to scan further down the road, taking his eyes off the man at the center of the crossing. At the second howl Rook Deadeye unslings his mighty greataxe and turns slowly, his back now to the Dvati, his eyes to the south. On the eastern side of King's Road a pair of grey wolves emerge quickly from around a rock, while on the western edge a filthy green-skinned goblin emerges from the rubble of an old tower, long forgotten and left to the wilds.

On your guard adventurer's! We've walked into an ambush! he half yells, half growls as he readies his axe. It was a fight with golbins you sought, and the gods have seen fit to deliver. Slowly beginning to realize they're surrounded he back towards the group.

Initiative [roll0]

Zing, you didnt tell everyone to pick a start point. I'm starting in N10

Tris
2013-09-11, 11:32 PM
Grinning Dachald pulls out his axe and shouts, "A chance to test my skills against my enemies! We can easily take them!"

Initiative: [roll0]
Also everyone gets a plus 2 initiative bonus when I'm around.
I choose O9.

Inspectre
2013-09-12, 05:36 AM
Elliot had kept the greatspear slung across his back while conversing with the half-orc and deva - or whatever that creature was. It was, after all, considering provocative where he was from to approach with a weapon drawn - but now perhaps that had been a mistake.

"The gods always see to our needs. Now their lair will have three less goblins to challenge us with!"

Elliot growled with confidence as he reached for his weapon.

Initiative: [roll0] (+2 from Warlord bonus)
Starting in P10 (just to be different)

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-12, 06:36 AM
Initiative: +2 from Syline, +2 from Warlord
[roll0]

Kratos looked at the wolves he caught sight of "Not my fight", he murmured until he caught sight of the goblins as he turned around. "Well, like it or not, it looks like i'm fighting with you guys until this battle is over" Kratos says as he raises his sword in both his hands. Standing with the Half-Orc now to his left, he is ready to stop the Goblins and wolves.

zingbobco000
2013-09-12, 09:19 AM
Initiative:
Nazim <---- Current Turn
Kratos
Elliot
Rook
Wolves
Goblins
Dachald
Syline (Delay)

Monster Status
Wolf 1: Full
Wolf 2: Full
Wolf 3: Full
Goblin 1: Full
Goblin 2: Full
Goblin 3: Full

Player Status
Kratos: 31/31
Syline: 25/25
Rook: 31/31
Nazim: 29/29
Elliot: 31/31
Dachuld: 24/24 (lowest in group)

Ardurious
2013-09-12, 09:59 AM
Nazim steps gracefully around the paladin and, spotting a wolf slinking around a rock closeby, turns to face it. "Hello there, dog," he withdraws his wand from its hiding spot and quickly layers his words with arcane power, "What's the matter? Haven't you got the courage to come out here? I've got a tasty treat for you." He grins and motions his head towards the paladin.

Nazim moves to Q9, then uses Vicious Mockery on the Wolf in Q5.

[roll0]
[roll1] damage on a hit, and the wolf take a -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -6 penalty to attacks against me until the end of my next turn.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-12, 10:23 AM
Suprisingly enough to Rook, the teifling from the alehouse is the first to lash out and attack the circling foes. In the back of his mind the half-orc wonders if Nazim actually has a real combatitve drive to overcome his obstactles, or if was simple continuing to stay on par with his arrogant and intruding personality. Either way, the fighter had to respect the fact that he had scored a solid strike on one of wolves quickly and with minimal effort.

The split second distraction passing, he turns his focus towards the golbins...

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-12, 03:12 PM
Kratos runs down the road readying his sword for either the fight to come to him or him to go to the fight. "Servant of the gods, who'd he think i was, a Deva?" Kratos mumbled to himself in Abyssal.

Moving from N9 to H9.
Readying Overwhelming Strike on any enemy to come into any square I threaten.

Just in case.
+2 Prof., +3 Wis
[roll0]

+1 Two-handed, +3 Wis = Radiant damage {14 Radiant if Crit}
[roll1]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-12, 04:04 PM
Rook : Delay Turn

Inspectre
2013-09-12, 05:46 PM
As the massive spear slides off of his back, Elliot breaks into a lumbering run, dashing towards the rock outcropping that the goblins were peeking out from behind.

"You picked the wrong people to ambush!"

Elliot roars as he nears the goblin, seeking to impale it with a mighty blow that leaves him dangerously off-balance.

Actions:

Minor: Draw Greatspear
Move: Move to L14
Standard: Avalanche Strike on Goblin in K14
To-Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Effect: Any attacker gains a +4 bonus to-hit Elliot until the start of his next turn.

(Welcome to how Elliot's planning on how to "tank", boys and girls!)

Unfortunately, Elliot's blow goes wide, slamming against the side of the rock next to the goblin's head.

zingbobco000
2013-09-12, 06:46 PM
Initiative:
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Rook (Delay)
Wolves
Goblins
Dachald <---- Current Turn (If Rook doesn't go)
Syline (Delay)

Monster Status
Wolf 1: 8 Damage taken -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -6 penalty to attacks against Nazim until the end of Nazim's next turn.
Wolf 2: Full

Player Status
Nazim: 20/29 Knocked Prone
Elliot: 22/31 Knocked Prone
Dachuld: 24/24

Attacks:

Grey Wolf 1: moves to Q8, ignoring the fact that he has a penalty of -8 and attacks Nazim. Attack roll [11] miss
Grey Wolf 2:Moves to M14 and attacks Elliot with his bite. Attack roll [20] miss
Grey Wolf 3: Moves to Q10 and attacks Nazim. Attack roll [25] Hit, Damage Roll [9], 9 damage to Nazim

Ardurious
2013-09-12, 07:06 PM
As the wolf's fangs find purchase in Nazim's skin, his burning blood spills across the creature's face, scorching the fur where it touches.

Nazim activates Infernal Wrath in response to Wolf 3's attack.

[roll0] fire damage.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-12, 08:51 PM
Digging his boots into the dry dusty road Rook starts to sprint towards his foe, axe raised and ready to deliver a powerful blow. He roars and swings the axe attempting to cleave a wolf, pass over Elliot's prone body, and then hit the nearby goblin as well.

Move Action: Move at normal speed to L3
Standard Action: Use at will power Cleave on Grey Wolf #2.

Attack Roll : [roll0]
Damage Roll : [roll1]
Effect : If hit, deal 4 damage to Goblin Cutthroat #1.

zingbobco000
2013-09-12, 10:15 PM
Initiative:
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Rook (Delay)
Wolves
Goblins
Dachald <---- Current Turn
Syline (Delay)

Monster Status
Wolf 1: 8 Damage taken -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -6 penalty to attacks against Nazim until the end of Nazim's next turn.
Wolf 2: 16 Damage taken
Goblin 1: 4 Damage taken

Player Status

Attacks:
Goblin 1: Moves to G9, Kratos get's an OA, then swings at Kratos, attack roll [18] miss

Goblin 2: Moves to E10, Attacks kratos with dagger [crit] 9 damage to kratos

Goblin 3: Attacks Elliot [17] miss

Tris
2013-09-12, 11:22 PM
"Let's kill this beast!" Dachald shouts at Nazim. He comes up from behind one of the wolves flanking the bard and kicks it from behind.

Move to Q11
Furious Smash wolf on Q10
Attack: [roll0] vs Fort.
If I hit I deal 4 damage and Nazim gains a +3 bonus to attack and damage to an attack on this wolf before the end of my next turn.

zingbobco000
2013-09-13, 09:12 AM
Ok, Ekles has 12 hrs. to post once that's done, it'll be Nazim's turn.

NVM what Kaze said in the OOC I managed to get on here, jeez life is hectic.

Initiative:
Nazim <---- Current Turn (probably current turn)
Kratos
Elliot
Rook
Wolves
Goblins
Dachald
Syline (Delay) <---- Current Turn (If goes)

Monster Status
Wolf 2: 16 Damage taken
Wolf 3: 11 Damage taken Nazim gains a +3 bonus to attack and damage to an attack on this wolf before the end of Dachald's next turn.

Player Status

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 11:02 AM
The Red Box

The Crossroads : Goblins Attack!
Due to the constant attacks on caravans, several adventurers from the town of Fallcrest have joined forces to cull this menace. The trio, consisting of the might paladin Elliot, the charismatic bard Nazim, and the fearsome warlord Dachald, set off along the road south of town where they soon came to The Crossroads. It was here that they caught up to the less-than-agreeable half-orc Rook, who'd they'd met in town, and the stoic dvati Kratos.

Suddenly the adventurer's find themselves being ambushed by a small group of goblins and their wolves... most likely having been lying in wait for more caravans to plunder. The group quickly springs into action to defend themselves. Nazim springs into action quickly firing off magic and taunts along side each other.Kratos takes to the western road and soon finds himself fending off two of the greenskins alone. Elliot and Rook move south to the corner of the ruined watch tower and are soon locked in combat with a goblin and wolf duo. Dachald, seeing that his companion has become surrounded and knocked prone, rushes to assist and furiously smashes it with his weapon.

With the morning sun shining down and the sound of combat filling the air, the adventurers continue to fend off the green-skinned meance and their ferocious pets...

Current Status Turn Order
Nazim <---- Current Turn
Kratos
Elliot
Rook
Wolves
Goblins
Dachald
Syline (Delay)

Monster Status
Wolf 1:
-Damage Taken (8)
-Conditions -2 penalty to attacks against the party and a -6 penalty to attacks against Nazim until the end of Nazim's next turn.
Wolf 2:
-Damage Taken (16)
-Conditions None
Wolf 3:
-Damage Taken (11)
-Conditions -3 AC on attacks from Nazim until end of Dachald's next turn.
Goblin 1:
-Damage Taken (4)
-Conditions None
Goblin 2:
-Damage Taken (0)
-Conditions None
Goblin 3:
-Damage Taken (0)
-Conditions None

Player Status
Kratos
-Hit Points 31/31
-Conditions None
Syline
-Hit Points 25/25
-Conditions None
Rook
-Hit Points 31/31
-Conditions None
Nazim
-Hit Points 20/29
-Conditions Knocked Prone
Elliot
-Hit Points 22/31
-Conditions Prone
Dachuad
-Hit Points 24/24
-Conditions None

Map : Round One
http://i.imgur.com/IZvrUvI.jpg

Ardurious
2013-09-13, 11:14 AM
Nazim stands to his feet, quickly brushing dirt from his tunic. He looks at the wolves surround him and sighs.

"Come now dogs, I thought we had an understanding. You're supposed to be chewing on my friend over there," Nazim waves his wand as he talks, like a conductor in a symphony. As he moves, the paws of one of the wolves' spring to life against its will, "Now you've gone and made a mistake. Dachuld, if you would be so kind."

Nazim stands up from prone and uses Blunder on Wolf Q10

[roll0]
[roll1] damage on a hit, and Dachuld may make a basic attack with a +5 bonus to the attack roll against the Wolf as a free action. After Dachuld's attack has resolved, the Wolf is pushed to S10.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 01:36 PM
Actions

-Nazim scores a hit on Grey Wolf #3 for 9 damage.

Pending

-Dachald may now make an attack against Grey Wolf #3 as a free action. This attack gets +5 vs AC.

-After Dachald's attack Grey Wolf #3 will be pushed 2 spaces to S10

-After Dachald's attack it will be Kratos's turn.

zingbobco000
2013-09-13, 06:07 PM
@BH
Why are you DMing?

Tris
2013-09-13, 07:38 PM
In continued coordination with Nazim, Dachuld brings his axe down on the wolf.
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Extra damage if crit.: [roll2]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 07:56 PM
Actions

-Dachuld scores a hit on Grey Wolf #3 for 10 damage.

-Grey Wolf #3 is pushed 2 squares to S10

-It is now Kratos's turn.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-13, 09:01 PM
Kratos points at the Goblin now in front of him with his index finger and then makes an imaginary cut with his thumb across his neck. He then attacks the goblin with his broadsword attempting to cut enough into the goblin to pull the goblin towards him. "Come Here!" he says as he attacks.

Oath of Enmity on Goblin G9 - Minor Action

Attacking Goblin on G9 with Overwhelming Strike

Attack: [roll0]
+3 Wis, +2 Prof.
Attack: [roll1]
+3 Wis, +2 Prof.
(Use which ever roll is Higher)

Damage: [roll2]
+3 Wis, +1 Two-Handed
- IF successful: I shift back to I9 Sliding Goblin on G9 to H9

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 09:34 PM
Actions

-Kratos applies Oath of Emnity to Goblin #3.

-Kratos attacks Goblin #3 with Overwhelming Strike and misses for 0 damage.

-Its its now Elliot's turn.

Inspectre
2013-09-13, 09:51 PM
Growling in frustrating as he pushes himself up to his feet, Elliot glares at the goblin.

"I'll deal with you later!"

Elliot vows, and then he whirls on the wolf literally nipping at his heels and brings his spear crashing down on it in a brutal slam.

"DIE!"

Actions:

Move: Stand Up from Prone
Minor: Mark Goblin in K14 with Divine Challenge
Standard: Devastating Strike on Grey Wolf in M14
To-Hit: [roll0] CRITICAL HIT!
Damage: [roll1][roll2] Critical Damage = 22
Effect: Attackers have a +2 bonus to-hit Elliot until the start of his next turn

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 10:09 PM
Actions

-Elliot stands and is no longer prone.

-Elliot uses Divine Challenge to mark Goblin #1

-Elliot critical hits Grey Wolf #2 with Devastating Strike for 22 damage.

-Grey Wolf #2 is defeated.

-It is now Rook's turn.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-13, 11:15 PM
With the massive blow from Elliot's spear the wolf crumples easily barely even having time to let out a dying yelp. Blood spurts fill the air splattering everything nearby and slowly begins forming a dark pool in the dusty road. Rook nods to Elliot and gives a wicked grin, obviously approving of such a display. "You mean to tell me there's a warrior hiding in there beneath all that 'For the common good' preaching? HA!" he howls, still grinning wildly and swinging his axe towards the goblin at the corner of the wall. "Watch your heaaaaad!"

Actions:

Move Action : None
Standard Action : Use Reaping Strike against Goblin Cutthroat #1 on K14
-To Hit : [roll0]-2 From Cover
-Damage : [roll1]
-Effect : If miss deal 4 damage to Goblin Cutthroat #1 on K14
Free Action : Verbally bro-fist Elliot for being BAMF.

Not Going to DM my own post, or speak for the enemies. So at this point it would seem we wait for Zing. He should be here tomorrow.

zingbobco000
2013-09-14, 09:37 AM
Initiative:
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Rook
Wolves
Goblins

Monster Status
Wolf 2: Dead
Goblin 1: 14 Damage taken
Goblin 2: 4 Damage taken

Player Status
Kratos: 25/31
Elliot: 22/31 grants +2 to any atk against him.

Attacks

Wolf 1: "After seeing his companion dissapear, he quickly bites Elliot in the thigh. But Nazim dodges the wolf's bite." Attack roll: [3] miss
Goblin 2: "moves around Kratos, then attacks with his sword. But it goes wild, and his attack misses." Moves to I9 (around Kratos's AO range) Attack roll: [14] miss
Goblin 1: "After seeing the fallen wolf, the goblin starts to have fear in its eyes but it strikes Elliot." Attack roll [16] miss
Goblin 3: "After assuring that his companion was flanking his enemy, the goblin tries to strike Kratos." Attack roll [27] Hit 6 damage

Dachuld's turn

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-14, 10:04 AM
Side Note: Seeing Wolf #2 die by Elliot's Massive Spear, Wolf #3 runs off never to be seen again.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-14, 10:40 AM
Kratos, seeing the goblin coming around and trying to avoid him, turns and readies a strike as the goblin made one fatal error in his step. "Die Scum!" Kratos yelled at the goblin as he swung his broadsword with both hands. Unfortunately this led to his backside being open for his preferred target.

Basic Attack: Broadsword +2 Prof. +2 Str., Damage: +2 Str, +1 Two-Handed
[roll0]
- [roll1]

May use my Memory encounter power depending on the roll, watch for an Edit.

EDIT: using power in OOC.
EDITEDIT: F***!!!!, THE DIE ROLLER REALLY WANTS ME DEAD!

Tris
2013-09-14, 12:46 PM
Dachald runs to the side of Nazim to attack the last wolf yelling, "Let's finish these beasts off!" He slams the shaft of his axe against the wolf.

Move to P9.
Furious Smash
Hit: 4 damage. Nazim gets +3 to damage and to hit next attack against the wolf before the end of my next turn.

Ardurious
2013-09-14, 01:08 PM
Nazim deftly dodges behind the dragonborn. With the relative safety from his ally, he grabs his lute from his side and strums a quick note with his wand. The discordant sound travels through the wand as Nazim takes aim at one of the goblins harassing the ashen warrior in the distance.

Shift to P10, then use Staggering Note on Goblin I-9.
[roll0] vs. Will.
4 damage on a hit, and Kratos can make a melee basic attack against the Goblin as a free action. The Goblin is then pushed to G8.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-14, 01:16 PM
Ardurious
That didn't hit

Kratos now refocuses on his main target and moves away from the other goblin. "Now you are mine!" Kratos says to his target in Abyssal.

Shift to G8.
Attacking with Overwhelming Strike on Goblin at G9 (all Alone).

[roll0]
[roll1]
{Take the higher Roll}
[roll2] = +1 from Two-Handed included

EDIT: SERIOUSLY, WTF???!!!

EDITEDIT: Action point for another chance.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-14, 01:31 PM
@Die Roller: This is not an attack.

Action Point: Standard action at Goblin.
Overwhelming Blessing #1- [roll0]
Overwhelming Blessing #2- [roll1]
Bless the higher one.
Not two-handed Radiant Damage - [roll2]

EDIT:
There, 22 for Overwhelming Strike attack.
Radiant Damage: 8.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-14, 01:37 PM
The Red Box

The Crossroads : Goblins Attack! Round Two!
Part of Round Three included because I didnt post in time.

As combat continues at The Crossroads, a few hours south of the city of Fallcrest, the adventurers begin to make quick work of the ambushing foes. Having quickly been surrounded by the wolves, Nazim was able to fight his way back to his feet allowing for him and Dachald to make coordinated attacks against one of the rabid canines and sending it yelping into the woods. Kratos swears an oath against one of the foul goblins but despite his powerful attacks the creature is able to narrowly avoid them. Having to fight his way back to his feet as well, Elliot dares not be outdone by the others and delivers a decisive blow to another wolf, breaking its neck and killing it instantly. Rook, amused and impressed with the display swings his massive axe over Elliot and into the goblin behind him sinking deep into the creatures armor.

The remains wolf snaps madly at Nazim but cannot get its jaws into him, while the goblins move quickly to surround Kratos, and though one of them misses the other is able to swing through his defenses and his blade draws blood. Enraged, the last goblin swings madly at Elliot but in his anger is unable to actually hit the paladin. As the heroes begin their next barrage of attacks, unfortunately several of them stray wild and do not hit their intended targets. But Kratos, nearing on maddening rage as the green-skinned fiend continues to avoid his attacks, finally makes purchase and sears the creature with a blast of radiant damage.

Nazim
Kratos
Elliot <-- [Current Turn]
Wolves
Rook
Goblins
Dachald

Monster Status
Wolf 1:
-Damage Taken (8)
-Conditions None
Wolf 2:
-Damage Taken (38)
-Conditions Defeated
Wolf 3:
-Damage Taken (11)
-Conditions Defeated
Goblin 1:
-Damage Taken (14)
-Conditions None
Goblin 2:
-Damage Taken (4)
-Conditions None
Goblin 3:
-Damage Taken (8)
-Conditions None

Player Status
Kratos
-Hit Points 25/31
-Conditions None
Rook
-Hit Points 31/31
-Conditions None
Nazim
-Hit Points 20/29
-Conditions None
Elliot
-Hit Points 22/31
-Conditions +2 to any attack against him.
Dachald
-Hit Points 24/24
-Conditions None

Map : Round Two (.5)
http://i.imgur.com/cze46RV.jpg

Inspectre
2013-09-14, 02:44 PM
Bending down, Elliot rips the tip of his spear out of the ground with a mighty heave. Stomping down on the grey wolf's corpse, Elliot rips his weapon free of the animal's carcass as well, and then lifts the blood-soaked weapon over his head.

"Ok. YOUR TURN!"

Elliot howls as he spins around to face the goblin again, bringing his weapon crashing down at the creature's head!

Actions

Standard: Devastating Strike on the Goblin he has marked, maintaining the Mark (unless Rook has overwritten that mark with his own attack - it's his choice whether to do so or not)
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]
Total Damage: 17
Effect: Attackers have a +2 bonus to hit Elliot until the start of his next turn

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-14, 03:40 PM
Actions

-Elliot's Divine Challenge continues to mark Goblin #1

-Elliot hits Goblin #1 with Devastating Strike for 17 damage.

-Goblin #1 is defeated.

-It is now Wolf #1's turn.

zingbobco000
2013-09-14, 06:34 PM
Initiative:
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Wolves
Goblins
Rook

Monster Status
Wolf 1: 8 Damage taken
Goblin 2: 4 Damage taken
Goblin 3: 8 Damage taken

Player Status
Kratos: 28/31
Nazim: 20/29
Elliot: 22/31 grants +2 to any atk against him.

Attacks
Wolf 1: "It barres it's fangs at Dachuld, seeking new prey." Attack roll [9] miss
Goblin 2: "Moves over confront Kratos." Shifts to H8, swings sword Attack roll [8] miss
Goblin 3: "Follows his comrade and attacks Kratos once more" Shifts to F8 Attack roll [27] hit, 9 damage

Dachuld's turn

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-14, 08:55 PM
As Elliot crushes the goblin in another stunning display of combat Rook raises his axe in the air and gives a small howl. "Remind me to stay out of range of that stick!" he jests, patting Elliot on the shoulder as he walks past him to get a better look at the crumpled goblin. Now standing to the south of the tower ruins, he can hear the sounds of combat to the north east, meaning the strange man from the middle of the road must be fighting with more goblins. Breaking out into a quick jog he heads around the tower to try and assist.

Actions:
Move Action: Double Move, moving south of the tower and avoiding rubble, moving 9 spaces to G10

Tris
2013-09-14, 09:51 PM
Dachald runs around the wolf to assist Kratos with the goblins. He shouts, "We've got him flanked! Let's attack this goblin together!" They swing their weapons at the goblin in coordination,
Double move to I8

Minor action:
Inspiring word Kratos can spend a healing surge and gain an additional [roll0] hit points.

I spend an action point to use Hammer and Anvil.
Attack: [roll1] vs. Reflex
Damage: [roll2]
Extra if crit.: [roll3]
If it hits Kratos can make a basic attack as a free action with a +3 bonus to damage.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-14, 10:04 PM
The Red Box

The Crossroads : Goblins Attack! Round Three!

More stuff happened

Nazim <-- [Current Turn]
Kratos
Elliot
Wolves
Rook
Goblins
Dachald

Monster Status
Wolf 1:
-Damage Taken (8)
-Conditions None
Wolf 2:
-Damage Taken (38)
-Conditions Defeated
Wolf 3:
-Damage Taken (11)
-Conditions Defeated
Goblin 1:
-Damage Taken (31)
-Conditions Defeated
Goblin 2:
-Damage Taken (4)
-Conditions None
Goblin 3:
-Damage Taken (8)
-Conditions None

Player Status
Kratos
-Hit Points 28/31
-Conditions None
Rook
-Hit Points 31/31
-Conditions None
Nazim
-Hit Points 20/29
-Conditions None
Elliot
-Hit Points 22/31
-Conditions +2 to any attack against him.
Dachuld
-Hit Points 24/24
-Conditions None

Map : Round Three
http://i.imgur.com/T8v29Ls.jpg

Ardurious
2013-09-15, 09:07 AM
As the big dragonborn leaves his side to join the battle elsewhere, Nazim decices to break for one of the large boulders. Perhaps a bit of higher ground will keep me from the gnashing jaws of these - well, somewhat cute and ineffectual - beasts.

He plays a brief out-of-key tune on his lute as he moves. He strums his wand against the strings once more, this time directing the cacophonous arcane noise towards one of the goblins.

Move to P8, then attempt an Athletics check to get onto the rock:
[roll0]

Regardless of the result, Staggering Note against Goblin F8:
[roll1] vs. Will
4 damage on a hit, and the Goblin is pushed to F10. Rook may then make a basic attack as a free action.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-15, 09:18 AM
Note: The attack hit so BH gets the free attack.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-15, 09:32 AM
As a stunned, and more than slightly confused, goblin staggers towards him trying to cover its ears. Rook draws back and swings his axe towards the creatures chest.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-15, 09:47 AM
Kratos cursed under his breath as he see his target get pulled away by the sound of Nazim's Lute magic. He then quickly moves out of the way toward his target while the other goblin is distracted currently by the dragonborn. "You die now!" Kratos shouts in abyssal at his target and then attacks.

@Die Roller: Please be nice to me.

Move: Shift to F9.
Overwhelming Blessing on Goblin on F10.
Blessed Attack OoE 1 - [roll0]
Blessed Attack OoE 2 - [roll1]
{Use higher roll}
Two-Handed Blessed Radiant Damage - [roll2]

EDIT: WOOT! CRIT, 14 Damage! He dead!

zingbobco000
2013-09-15, 10:06 AM
Current Status

Turn Status
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot <---- Current turn
Wolves
Goblins
Rook
Dachuld

Monster Status
Wolf 1
-Damage Taken: 8
-Condition: ...

Wolf 2
-Damage Taken: 38
-Condition: Dead

Goblin 1
-Damage Taken: 31

Goblin 2
-Damage Taken: 4

Goblin 3
-Damage Taken: 41

Player Status

Nazim
- HP: 20/29

Kratos
- HP: 28/31

Elliot
- HP: 22/31
-Condition: Grants +2 to any atk against him.

Rook
- HP: 31/31

Dachuld Akula
- HP: 24/24

Inspectre
2013-09-15, 10:45 AM
Looking around, Elliot can see that the battlefield has been clearly of almost all enemies. Almost. Running towards the last wolf Elliot leaps up into the air and as he crashes down next to the wolf his spear crashes down at it's spine!

Actions

Move: Elliot moves straight north, becoming adjacent to Grey Wolf #1
Minor: Marking grey wolf with Divine Challenge
Standard: Devastating Strike on Grey Wolf #1
Effect: All attackers gain a +2 bonus to hit Elliot until the start of his next turn

zingbobco000
2013-09-15, 11:09 AM
Current Status

Turn Status
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Wolves <---- Current turn
Goblins <---- Current turn
Rook
Dachuld

Monster Status
Wolf 1
-Damage Taken: 8

Wolf 2

Goblin 1

Goblin 2
-Damage Taken: 4

Goblin 3

Player Status

Nazim

Kratos

Elliot
- HP: 22/31
-Condition: Grants +2 to any atk against him.

Rook

Dachuld Akula
- HP: 24/24

Attacks
Wolf 1
-Attack roll against Elliot: 20, Hit
- Damage: 11
-Effect: Shifts to J8

Goblin 2
-Attack roll against Dachuld: 22, Hit
-Damage: 9
Rook's Turn

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-15, 02:26 PM
As the second goblin falls at the hands of Kratos only one goblin and one wolf remain; both of which are bearing down on Dachald. Stepping past the dvati Rook moves to strike at the final goblin from behind.

Actions:

Move Action : Step through Kratos's square and into G8
Standard Action : Use Reaping Strike against Goblin Cutthroat #2 on H8
-To Hit : [roll0]
-Damage : [roll1]
-Effect : If miss deal 4 damage to Goblin Cutthroat #2 on H8

Tris
2013-09-15, 03:08 PM
Dachald sees Rook attack the goblin from the other side. "Good! See if you can finish him off!" Dachald slams into the goblin, then takes a step out of the way. Then, he takes a deep breath and unleashes lightning out of his mouth.
Standard action: Furious Smash on the goblin.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort.
Hit for 4 damage and Rook gets a +3 bonus to attack and damage to his next attack against the goblin before the end of my next turn.

Move action: 5ft step to 9H

Minor action: Dragon Breath
To hit the goblin: [roll1] vs. Ref.
Damage: [roll2] lightning damage
To hit the wolf: [roll3] vs. Ref.
Damage: [roll4] lightning damage

Ardurious
2013-09-15, 05:32 PM
"Damned rock!" Nazim curses the boulder in front of him. He abandons his attempt to climb it, then turns towards the ongoing battle. He thinks a moment, then plucks a few strings on his lute. He opens his mouth and arcane verse echoes forth.

"Dachuld, if you would be so kind,
I see an opportunity,
I'll take control if you don't mind,
So you can fight in unity,"

Seeing Dachuld's feet begin to move, he strums one final, discordant note. It reverberattes through his wqnd and towards the remaining goblin.

Nazim uses Majestic Word on Dachuld. He can (BUT DOESN'T HAVE TO) spend a healing surge. He is then slid to G10.

Next, Staggering Note on the last Goblin.
[roll0] vs. Will
4 damage on a hit, and the goblin is pushed to G9. Rook may then make a basic attack against it as a free action.

Inspectre
2013-09-16, 05:10 AM
(I'm aware Kratos still needs to go before Elliot's turn comes up. Nonetheless I'm posting right now anyway since we're in two small but separate fights and I want to keep the game moving.)

Elliot grunts as the last wolf rips his legs out from under him again. As he crashes down to the ground Elliot's nose is slammed against the noseguard of his helmet, causing it to start bleeding. Pushing himself back up to his feet angrily, Elliot readjusts his helmet as blood starts to drip down onto his armor.

"Just die already!"

He growls as he pulls his embedded spear out of the dirt. And even though the wolf has already danced back, it is still not out of reach of Elliot's spear. He swings the weapon around in a wide arc, hoping to bring it around and across the wolf's flank.

Actions

(Yeah, Greatspears have Reach 2 - knew I was using them for a reason! :smallbiggrin: )
Move: Stand Up
Minor: Adjust Helmet
Standard: Devastating Strike on Wolf 1 (Maintaining my mark on it)
Effect: Elliot grants +2 to-hit against any attacker until the start of his next turn

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-16, 08:50 AM
(Ha, i actually forgot it was my turn, thanks BH and Zing for not reminding me!)

Kratos quickly points to the goblin that was busy fight the dragonborn and Rook, and then makes the same gesture with his thumb in front of his neck as he did the last time. then seeing an advantage open up, he moves around to strike the foe down with his sword.

@Die Roller: Please don't fail now.

Minor Action - Oath of Enmity on Goblin.
Move Action - Moving to F8, F7, G6, then H7 (not provoking AoO)
Standard Action - (+2 from Flanking) Overwhelming Strike

Attack - [roll0]
or
Attack - [roll1]
{take higher}
Two-Handed - [roll2]

zingbobco000
2013-09-16, 09:30 AM
Current Status

Turn Status
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Goblins
Rook
Dachuld

Monster Status
Wolf 1
-Damage Taken: 33
-Condition: Bloodied

Wolf 2

Goblin 1

Goblin 2
-Damage Taken: 34

Goblin 3

Player Status

Nazim

Kratos

Elliot
- HP: 11/31
-Condition: Grants +2 to any atk against him. Bloodied

Rook

Dachuld Akula
- HP: 15/24

Attacks
Wolf 1
-Moves to K7, L7, M7, N8, N9, O10, P10, Q9
-Attack roll against Nazim: 23, Hit
- Damage: 8
-Effect: Shifts to Q7

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-16, 03:14 PM
As the final wolf half-limps, half-runs away... snapping at Nazim as it passes and disappears out of sight behind a large rock, Rook lets out a long exhalation of air out through his nose and deeps a deep breath. Its as it the battle had refreshed him, waking him up after a long morning of walking alone down the trade road. And though the others had all sustained injuries of some sort or another, the orc had go through the battle unscathed, for this he was thankful.

He spits to the side, and bends down to the curmpled mess at his feet that at some point remesembled a goblin. Grabbing the thing by the front of its clothing he starts to search it for anything of value.

Move: None.
Minor: Kneel and grab goblin in H8
Standard: Pat it down, take its stuff: gold, weapons, trinkets, wallet, pictures of his kids, coupons for free oil changes, whatever...

Inspectre
2013-09-16, 05:31 PM
As the wolf moves in to bite Nazim, golden light bursts into existence around it, singing its fur.

(Grey Wolf 1 takes 3 Radiant damage for violating Elliot's mark. The errata'd version of the hybrid divine challenge is a little unclear when this damage occurs, whether as an interrupt before the attack, or a reaction that occurs after. Previously the hybrid mark required an Immediate Reaction, but since that was removed in the errata I would assume it functions exactly as the original Divine Challenge - not sure when the original Divine Challenge does its damage off the top of my head though. Also note that while the power itself is a Close Burst 5, that is just for the purpose of marking - unless it has been errata'd, as far as I know the damage portion of the mark does not have *any* range limitation - though it obviously falls off in the round that Elliot does not end adjacent or attack the marked target.)

zingbobco000
2013-09-16, 07:22 PM
Ok, Rook finds a short sword, a small shield (light), and the armor that it's wearing (leather). He also finds a moonstone, worth around 97-108 GP

Ok, wolf now has taken 36 damage

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-16, 08:04 PM
As Rook sifts through the small creature's belongings he sets the obvious items aside. He picks up the small short short it had been wielding, and though it could use a cleaning and most likely a sharpening it seemed well enough that he might be able to trade it in town. He eyes the shield for a moment, it too had not been greatly cared for over at least a couple of weeks but seemed functional enough, all the straps were still there and in fine condition. As he starts to go through the things pockets he finds a small stone in one of its belt pouches, most peculiar. Palming the stone, the half-orc stands and attempts to slide it in his own pocket without being too obvious, hoping the others are still distracted enough by combat.

Thievery : [roll0]

zingbobco000
2013-09-16, 08:08 PM
As Rook looks at the gem his eyes go wide, hoping to get some money without anyone else noticing he's pretty sure he succeeds.

zingbobco000
2013-09-16, 08:33 PM
Dachuld's Turn (a reminder)

Tris
2013-09-16, 08:59 PM
Dachald runs to Nazim's side. "We've almost finished them off!" he shouts.
Double move to Q9
Inspiring word Nazim can spend a healing surge and gain an extra [roll0] hp.

Also, the name's Dachald not Dachuld. :smalltongue:

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-16, 09:04 PM
In continued coordination with Nazim, Dachuld brings his axe down on the wolf.
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Extra damage if crit.: [roll2]*Cough Cough*

Tris
2013-09-16, 09:11 PM
(OOC: So, that's why my name has been misspelled lately :smallbiggrin:)

Ardurious
2013-09-16, 09:32 PM
"Whew, that feels much better. Quite amazing what mere words can accomplish, eh?" Nazim grins slyly at the dragonborn. "Now, let's see about finishing off this cur." Nazim holds out his wand, channelling ill energies towards the half-dead beast. "Play dead!"

Nazim uses Vicious Mockery on the Wolf.
[roll0] vs. Will.
[roll1] damage on a hit, and the Wolf takes a -2 penalty to attacks until the end of Nazim's next turn.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-16, 10:39 PM
Kratos having finished the last of the goblins goes and sits against the wall. "Everyone else has it handled, i'm not needed anymore", he thinks to himself.

zingbobco000
2013-09-16, 11:12 PM
As you try to hit the wolf, it jumps at you when you leave your defenses unguarded.

Attack roll vs. Nazim: 17, miss

zingbobco000
2013-09-17, 08:19 PM
Elliot's turn :smallwink:

Inspectre
2013-09-17, 09:32 PM
Limping after the grey wolf, Elliot nearly shoves Nazim and Dachuld aside as he brings his weapon up and stabs downward at the beast for hopefully the last time.

Actions

Move: Move to Q8
Standard: Devastating Strike on the wolf

zingbobco000
2013-09-17, 10:23 PM
Current Status

Turn Status
Nazim
Kratos
Elliot
Goblins
Rook
Dachuld

Monster Status
Wolf 1
-Damage Taken: 36
-Condition: Bloodied

Wolf 2

Goblin 1

Goblin 2
-Damage Taken: 34

Goblin 3

Player Status

Nazim
- HP: 12/29

Kratos

Elliot
- HP: 11/31
-Condition: Grants +2 to any atk against him. Bloodied

Rook

Dachuld Akula
- HP: 22/24

Attacks

-Attack roll: [24]
- Damage: 10

Elliot now only has 1 HP, Rook's turn

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-18, 12:57 PM
Rook stands over the fallen goblin and looks down the road as the adventurers chase after the final wolf and try to put it out of is misery. He glances down again at the foul creature and bends to start undoing the filthy suit of armor. Speaking loud enough for Kratos to hear, but not turning to face him, Rook says: "Disgusting creatures, a scourge upon the land... are you going to help clear the road? Or at least strip the bodies? He continues fiddling with the straps and working to free the leather armor from the corpse.

ActionsNone Mechicanlly
Pass my turn and allow the others to finish off the wolf.

Tris
2013-09-18, 07:56 PM
Dachald runs around to attack the wolf from behind. As he swings his axe at the wolf he shouts at Elliot, "You look heavily injured. Get yourself to safety while I take on the wolf." He runs around to strike the wolf from behind.

Wolf Pack Tactics
Before the attack, Elliot can shift 1 space.
Extra Damage if Crit.: [roll2]

zingbobco000
2013-09-18, 08:06 PM
The wolf lets out a final death howl as it falls to the ground, dead. You look around you and the mass of fur, blood, and green goblin flesh are everywhere around you.

------------

End of the encounter

You may now use spend a short rest, regain all encounter powers and you now, well, what do you do?

Tris
2013-09-18, 08:26 PM
With the battle over Dachald takes a moment to catch his breath. "Thank you, Bahumut, for this victory," he mutters. Then he says to his team mates, "We should go ask those two if they want to join us," pointing at Rook and Kratos.

Inspectre
2013-09-18, 08:51 PM
As the last opponent falls, Elliot's strength fades along with his mind-clouding rage. Staggering over to a nearby rock, Elliot unceremoniously plops himself down on top of it and unslings his backpack. He swiftly pulls several long strips of cloth out of it, and then begins to remove his greaves and legplates. He winces as the removal of the armor plates jars his wounds, which are seeping blood at an alarming rate - even through his armor, the wolves' jaws somehow managed to break skin.

Muttering one of the few holy prayers of healing he could remember, Elliot binds his wounds with the cloth as best he could, sighing in relief as the weak magic slowly knit his torn flesh back together.

"Well fought friends . . . well fought."

Elliot finally managed to cough, wheezing a sigh of relief as the blood loss finally came to a stop. Still not quite feeling up to putting his armor back on or getting back up, he looks over at the two people they had encountered here at the crossroads.

"You fought well also! We could use your aid against the rest of the goblins!"

Elliot calls to the half-orc and deva . . . or whatever it was.

(Spending 4 healing surges to go back up to full.)

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-18, 08:51 PM
Having finally removed the armor from the goblin, Rook chucks it into the pile of belongings in the middle of the road. Grabbing the corpse by its thin, green, (disgusting) wrist, Rook begins to drag the body along behind him clearing the road. Nothing ruins your morning like having to lead your caravan around a half-rotted, half-naked, bloody, goblin corpse laying in the middle of the road. Once he's to the south east of the tower ruins, he attempts to sling the foul thing into the ruined flooring, among the rubble.

He continues along the far side of the tower until he reaches the dead body of the goblin that he and Elliot slew. As he bends over to grab it, Elliot calls out something he didnt understand. Standing back up to his full height, Rook looks over at the three figures in the center of the road.

zingbobco000
2013-09-18, 09:46 PM
Rook gathers in his pile of loot: 60 GP, 2 wolf hides, 3 short swords, 3 leather armors, and 3 small shields. The sun is high over your heads (it's around noon) as you look up at the sky. What do you do?

Tris
2013-09-20, 08:14 PM
Seeing that Elliot is talking Rook, Dachald approaches Kratos. "You have proven yourself to be a capable warrior, would you be willing to join me and my companions as we fight the goblin threat of which this ambush was a example? We could use your help."

Inspectre
2013-09-20, 09:12 PM
Satisfied that his wounds were dressed, Elliot gingerly slips his armor back into place and retightens the straps holding the plate mail in place. Still leaning on his spear heavily, Elliot got back up to his feet and hobbled over to the half-orc who was still inventorying what the goblins had on them.

"Find anything useful on them?"

Elliot asked conversationally as he moved to stand near to the half-orc. Once there, he spoke again in a much quieter tone.

"I believe you were trying to tell me something during the battle, but I didn't understand what it was at the time. My concentration was . . . elsewhere."

Elliot admitted with a sting of shame. His instructors had tried to drill that blinding rage out of him, but they hadn't succeeded. Unfortunately loss of control in battle was something to be avoided at all costs. Thus far Elliot had avoided making the deadly mistake of forgetting friend from foe, but what happened if that all-consuming rage overcame him again? He would need to be much more careful in future battles with this group, and much more in control of his battle-fury.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-20, 09:22 PM
Kratos stood up when the dragonborn started to walk toward him.

"You have proven yourself to be a capable warrior, would you be willing to join me and my companions as we fight the goblin threat of which this ambush was a example? We could use your help."
"though I have no interest in joining such a group, the gods have deemed it fit I should travel with you." Kratos speaks in Abyssal. "Just stay out of my way."

Tris
2013-09-20, 10:10 PM
"though I have no interest in joining such a group, the gods have deemed it fit I should travel with you." Kratos speaks in Abyssal. "Just stay out of my way."

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand that language. Could you repeat that in Common?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-20, 10:20 PM
Rook had assembled quite the little pile of items once he was finished dealing with the corpses. The others had been nursing their wounds or catching their breath, but since he had by some will of the Gods escaped unscathed he decided it best to clear the road. Heaven forbid some trader come across a pile of rotting carcasses, plus it brought the threat of attracting more wolves. Part of him hoped that the site of a pile of bones in the tower would ward off any future goblins laying in wait there. He takes notice of Elliot approaching and pauses for a moment.

"Find anything useful on them?"The half-orc grunts and holds up one of the battered short swords which is nicked in several places and still grimy with blood and sand. "Not too much worth bragging about, though there is some gold to be had. The weapons and armor won't be much much use but perhaps they can be sold in town... militia could use em for training if nothing else."He motions to the pile of gear with his free hand and then curls his lip to emphasize his next point.They may consider letting them air out a bit first though...
"I believe you were trying to tell me something during the battle, but I didn't understand what it was at the time. My concentration was . . . elsewhere." As the paladin move closer Rook tosses a sword at the man's feet. "Recognize that blood...? Heh" He chuckles for a moment then looks back up at Elliot. "Your ferocity in battle... quite a sight to behold. I would have never expected as much from the 'high-and-mighty savior of the kingdom' speech you gave back at the alehouse."

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-20, 10:24 PM
"I'm sorry, but I don't understand that language. Could you repeat that in Common?"

Kratos looked the dragonborn straight in the eyes and said "I'll travel with you, just don't get in my way." he then moved his broad sword onto his right shoulder and said nothing else at the moment.

Tris
2013-09-20, 10:35 PM
Seeing that Kratos wants to be left alone, Dachald walks back to the others.

"That guy has agreed to come with us," he says pointing back at Kratos. "I didn't get his name though."

Inspectre
2013-09-21, 11:54 PM
In response to the half-orc's comment about the armor, Elliot hooked one of the goblin's suits with the tip of his still-blood coated spear, holding it up for examination before letting it fall back onto the pile.

"Hmph. They would need to be awfully small militiamen, don't you think? But given the sad state of some local militias these days I suppose they would take whatever they can get."

Finally noticing the state of his weapon, Elliot knelt down and tore off a piece of the goblin's clothing, using it to clear off the blood and bits of gore. At the mention of his speech yesterday, Elliot shook his head and sighed.

"Yes, I suppose it did sound good at the time didn't it? But I'm no kingdom-saver - just a man trying to take some evil out of this world before I die. And make it sound better than it is at the same time. My name is Elliot."

Elliot can't suppress a slight smile as he looks up at DACHALD's mention of the other stranger agreeing to join them - after a fashion.

"So - want to join us in removing some more evil, Mr . . .?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-22, 02:26 AM
"Hmph. They would need to be awfully small militiamen, don't you think? But given the sad state of some local militias these days I suppose they would take whatever they can get."Rook snorts slightly "Haven't you seen the militia in these towns." He motions off towards the north, back towards the city from which they had came earlier that morning."Half of them are young boys anyway, looking to escape a hard life on the farm and instead spend it barely trained to swing a sword."

"Yes, I suppose it did sound good at the time didn't it? But I'm no kingdom-saver - just a man trying to take some evil out of this world before I die. And make it sound better than it is at the same time. My name is Elliot."The half-orc shakes his head slightly. "You'd have won more over with promises of some coin ya know? Not many people outside the temples who put themselves in harms way just for the common good. Most of us have more...selfish" He flips a gold coin to Elliot... "motives in mind." He steps closer to the paladin and begins dropping a few more gold coins into his hand. "Your share"

"So - want to join us in removing some more evil, Mr . . .?"Rook...Rook will quite suffice, and while I no interest in dangerous acts based on sheer heroism, considering the amount of coin we pulled from just these three, it seems like it could be worth my time. Rook jingles the gold coins a few times. From the sound of it, they've been preying on trade caravans for months, who knows what spoils they've hauled back off to their hole. He extends his free hand to paladin, looking the man dead-on. His milky blind eye unwavering, he gives a tusk filled grin Just try not to take as many wounds as you deal when next you find yourself in combat...eh?

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-22, 08:16 PM
Rook approaches Nazim and Dachald and if they accept gives each of them their share of the gold, ten gold pieces for each. He stares down the road for a moment at the final figure and glances back towards Elliot.

Inspectre
2013-09-23, 05:41 AM
At Rook's mercenary comments, Elliot simply smiles.

"I did say that anyone who came along would be entitled to an equal share of whatever ill-gotten goods the goblins have collected - minus whatever goods are clearly marked as merchant goods. Unless you want to haul around boxes of fine clothing and cutlery?"

Rook's parting comment makes Elliot frown and nod sadly.

"Aye, I was too reckless in our fight just now. I shall endeavor to be more careful in the future."

Taking the coins that Rook gave him and placing them into his pack, Elliot then turns to the others.

"Well then, shall we be off?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-24, 03:59 AM
As the others each prepare to move on Rook takes on of the sword from the pile and loops it through his belt. It never hurt to have a backup after all. Once they have loaded up the rest of the spoils he trudges south along the road.

zingbobco000
2013-09-24, 08:29 AM
As Rook walks off into the distance, his new teammates have a choice. Should they follow him?

Inspectre
2013-09-24, 09:18 PM
Elliot follows after the half-orc, examining their surroundings carefully now - they had already been ambushed once, and while they had handily won that battle Elliot was keenly aware they might not be so lucky a second time.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-24, 10:07 PM
As Rook clods along the road he finds it strange to hear the noise of others, he's much more accustomed to traveling alone. He queries Elliot as they walk. "So have you been to the lair of the creatures before? If so, what kind of threat are we looking at here? I doubt it will be as easy as a few wandering scouts using the element of surprise on weary travelers."

Inspectre
2013-09-26, 07:52 PM
Elliot nods at Rook's first question, but shrugs in answer to the others.

"I didn't manage to get more than a brief look around before I heard more goblins coming than I would have been able to deal with alone. I do know that there are three entrances to the lair - unsure whether they are all interconnected or lead to different caves. Most likely we'll be facing more goblin raiders - I saw no signs of anything more powerful than that present amongst the raiders."

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-26, 10:41 PM
"Well..." Rook starts. "At least you had the presence of mind to go recruit help. Its shows improvement on not getting lost in your rage. So, theres that. But as for the goblins, if there be three separate caves, then quite simply we clear out three separate caves, and if they are all connected, then all the easier. The half-orc shrugs lightly and keeps marching ahead of the group side-by-side the paladin.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-29, 10:24 PM
OOC: As its been five days without any sort of DM guidance. And without a notice saying he'd be away. If nothing has happened by the end of the night I'll take up the reigns again and push this game forward.

I've seen Zing, as well as several of the players here online and yet nothing has happened for a few days now.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 02:35 AM
As the group marches along the southern road they are ever watchful for another ambush, but luckily make the trip without deterrence. The afternoon soon glows warmly in the sky as they reach the site of the goblin's caves. Before them the large mouth of the cave opens up with a yawning maw, and Elliot points out the location of two smaller caves on either side which are camouflaged by rocks or trees. Rather than risk going into the caves this late in the day, and with some of them still sporting wounds from the ambush, the group decides to make camp about fifty feet into the treeline of the nearby woods, near a small stream that runs through the area.

At their camp, the adventurers take turns on watch due to the threat of the nearby caves, and continue pulling shifts though out the night. As the sun sets they risk a small fire for just long enough to cook a decent meal, and continue to introduce themselves as well as exchange tales from each of thier pasts. Once dusk has settled, they all try to get some rest knowing what awaits them in the morning. Though they keep an eye on the caves through out the night, no goblins are ever spotted coming or going.

As the morning sun begins to filter through the trees in areas of splotched light, the group is awakened by Rook, who was pulling the final shift of guard duty. He suggests that they move in now and hopefully catch any enemies at unawares. And the group soon finds itself in the goblin cave. The remains of several fires is visible, a few days old by the looks of it. And there are a few dead bodies, presumably from Elliot's assault previously.

DM Voice :
[-] A map is located [HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apld7KjNj7FHdDF0eTVUc3pGX3RGcDdOT2JjTUJRT Hc#gid=12)]

[-] You have had a half-decent nights sleep, and time to mend your wounds, and refresh yourselves.

[-] Everyone is at full HP, and has gained back all of their healing surges.

[-] It is early morning and still becoming light outside but the caves are dark. Nazim is using a torch to light the area, and ahead of you lie two large stone doors leading deeper into the earth.

Actions!

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 02:43 AM
Rook DeadEye

Rook strains to see off into the darkness, a large stone door lies in the cave wall and is wide enough for two men to to pass through abreast of each other. He can also see on the rocky floor of the caves the obvious signs of goblin occupation for quite some time, to include the black ashes of old fire pits. He taps on Elliot's shoulder with the fingers of his right hand, balancing his axe in his left for a moment. "Elliot, did you notice these passages last you were here?" he motions towards the door off to the left. "Is that where the goblins are coming from?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 02:51 AM
Nazim al-Imon

Trying his best to keep the torch held high, so that it illuminates as much of the cave as possible without casting large shadows due to the adventurers, Nazim looks from one passage to the next. "So which path do we take then?" He casually grabs his lute with his free hand to stop it from swinging as he stepped forward. "Its all the same to me, but perhaps we should get a closer look at the doors before deciding..?"

Inspectre
2013-09-30, 07:05 PM
In answer to Rook's question Elliot can only shake his head.

"Afraid not. I got bogged down by goblins near the entrance . . . over here."

Elliot says, moving to one of the side caverns that contains a firepit.

"This is as far as I got - and I was a little busy at the time to look around."

Elliot looks down at the firepit in annoyance - it almost looked as if the goblins had already moved on from this place. Deciding not to ponder it any further, he rejoins the group and gestures at the door (the westernmost one on the map).

"Well, it appears that they're not out here - shall we go in deeper?"

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 07:37 PM
Nazim al-Imon (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12740)

Nazim approaches the western door with the torch held high. Well Elliot, that does seem to be the only logical move at this point. He examines the door closer from a distance of about ten feet, and halfway motions the others forward. "Let's just hope we're not walking into an ambush!"

Actions

Move: To E22
Perception : [roll0] To see if I notice anything about the door.
Dungeoneering : [roll1] To see if I can determine the doors origin, or any distinguishing characteristics.

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 09:21 PM
Rook DeadEye (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=649628)

The half-orc moves foward along side the bard and keeps his axe at-the-ready and scanning the area. "See anything?" Rook asks Nazim gruffly, keeping his voice low as to avoid detection if anything lies on the other side of the door. He keeps an eye out towards the eastern door in the looming darkness.

Move : To F22
Perception : [roll0]

Bounty Hunter
2013-09-30, 09:26 PM
Nazim al-Imon (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12740)

"See anything?"

Twice as much as you on any given day... Nazim chuckles lightly at his own joke for a moment before turning his attention back to the door. "Now let me finish please"

Tris
2013-09-30, 09:34 PM
Dachald stands with his axe held out waiting for something to happen. "So, this is their lair," he mutters. He glances around as if something might jump out of the shadows. He glares into the darkness. Then, a smile appears on his face. "They'll get what's coming to them," he says as he grips his weapon tighter.

zingbobco000
2013-10-01, 08:54 AM
@Inspectre
You can hear the sound of some clapping of hands and yelling, it seems that there are some creatures in the room beyond.

If you understand Goblin:
It seems clear that these creatures are speaking goblin, as well as betting.

As for the door, it seems to be made out of stone, but open. Engraved on it is a picture of a minotuar.