PDA

View Full Version : ruling for a favored soul raptoran?

171akup
2013-09-08, 05:58 PM
What happens when a raptoran gets wings from favored soul class feature. :smallbiggrin:

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-08, 06:01 PM
Pure RAW, it could be argued that you grow a second set of wings, and may use either flight speed/maneuverability combo. RAI...I'd say the Favored Soul class ability upgrades the Raptoran's base wings, which if I remember correctly are inferior. (40 ft/average verses 60ft/good)

Greenish
2013-09-08, 06:07 PM
Four wings is cool. I'd go with that.

RogueDM
2013-09-08, 06:55 PM
I would think that unless your body is designed to have four wings you would have issues with the wings colliding making flying with both at once very difficult. As a GM I would either suggest an alternate class feature, recommend a different class, or allow for using both wings to fly at an accelerated rate but treat it like having the Run feat for flying.

Greenish
2013-09-08, 06:59 PM
I would think that unless your body is designed to have four wings you would have issues with the wings colliding making flying with both at once very difficult.You're a level 17 spellcaster. You kick the impossible into the curb or something along those lines.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-08, 07:32 PM
I would think that unless your body is designed to have four wings you would have issues with the wings colliding making flying with both at once very difficult. As a GM I would either suggest an alternate class feature, recommend a different class, or allow for using both wings to fly at an accelerated rate but treat it like having the Run feat for flying.
So? Your body isn't designed for two wings, either, but you still gain a fly speed when the class says you gain a fly speed. Heck, all you need to do is sew a pair of wings on with magic (that one graft) and you can fly. Trying to apply biology to D&D is almost as bad as trying to apply physics.