PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Cthulu

AspectOfNihil
2013-09-08, 09:13 PM
I am currently playing an Alchemist (Beastmorph Vivisectionist. Original huh?) and have a question regarding polymorph effects.

In the description for polymorph spells it says you lose the natural attacks of your original form, but retain class abilities that add them.

My question is this: Do discoveries such as tentacle and vestigial arm still function while polymorphed using a spell like Monstrous Physique or similar as discovery is a class ability, or are they subsumed by those of the assumed form?

Psyren
2013-09-08, 10:03 PM
Vestigial Arm should work (it's not a natural attack) but Tentacle won't. Basically the distinction is whether something is permanently active or whether you can use a class ability to "turn it on" after being morphed. Because the Tentacle becomes part of your form, polymorphing into something else will cause you to lose it, and there's no way to "reactivate it."

Keneth
2013-09-08, 10:30 PM
Actually, I don't think any of the physical discoveries would work. They are all Ex or Su abilities that depend on the original form, and as such are explicitly lost when polymorphed.