PDA

View Full Version : Statute of Limitations of Inappropriate Posts

Dr.Epic
2013-09-09, 01:30 AM
Just wondering if there is a time limit to when an inappropriate post can be reported. Like, if a year has passed since the post, can it still be reported or at that point is it like too much time has passed and who cares?

Starwulf
2013-09-09, 04:19 AM
Just wondering if there is a time limit to when an inappropriate post can be reported. Like, if a year has passed since the post, can it still be reported or at that point is it like too much time has passed and who cares?

I would think that as long as the thread has fallen off the boards, it's not likely to matter, though the mods might appreciate it if you report it anyways just so they can delete the offending post, in case someone happens to notice it. I doubt the offender would be punished though just because a year has passed, and that's the time when the punishment goes away.

TuggyNE
2013-09-09, 06:47 AM
I expect if the post was brought to your attention in some way that others might see it too once more, you could report it. Or if it's spam, where the main problem is search engines indexing it. Otherwise, let sleeping dogs lie.

Rawhide
2013-09-09, 08:44 AM
The Hairy Modfather: There is no statute of limitations, we want you to bring to our attention anything that breaks the rules, even if it went unnoticed. So, by all means, please report any major violations even when they are old. However, please be clear in your report that it is for a very old post, as it can sometimes be overlooked in the first instance.

That said, it is unlikely that we would issue an infraction for something that is so old it would have expired or nearly expired, but we may need to edit/remove the post and inform the poster of what was wrong and why.