PDA

View Full Version : An Unlikely Champion of Good. Eberron Draegloth Help (3.5)

LordErebus12
2013-09-09, 01:37 AM
Hey guys, I need some help... I'm making a Draegloth with some slight alternate features. While I have a concept, I'm having problems with some of the ideas as to how it grew up (and survived), what it would worship and how it would fit into society. I want it to be a crusader (that is literally its class) for good. I'm using the rules for Draegloths in Champions of Ruin, taking some liberties with it in regards to Eberron.

---

First off, this Draegloth was a product of rape of a Valenar Elf (not drow) by a Glabrezu. Whether it was ritualized by a cult or a mere product of fate and unluck is not decided yet, but a child was born none the less. I liked the idea that the mother was an adventurer who had traveled to many lands, having a great number of friends in high places that could aid her with the child.

potential idea:

She selected several friends well before the birth, most of which were clerics or favored souls of the Undying Court. The mother told the horrible truth of the nature of the child to these friends, swearing them to secrecy about what she revealed. While she knew the child would be a product of evil, she did not wish to have her child deprived the chance to live. She had seen fiendish children survive in the world, although they might have a hard life, it was possible.

While most wanted nothing to do with it, two offered to help her out. The two offered to aid her in the birth of the child, one of which went as far as offering to aid her in raising the child, should she request it. She decided that these two would become Godfather and Godmother to the child, in addition to acting as her midwives.

Long story short, as the mother neared her birthing date, something began to occur. The mother noticed the child grew extremely fast as she grew very weak and was in constant pain. By the end, her life was robbed from her by the birth, forcing the 'child' to be removed via C-section. What was born was a fully developed (if small) black-furred Draegloth.

This orphaned 'Child' was left in the care of the two godparents, who revealed the truth to their order. They explained that although the 'child' was indeed half a fiend in appearance and grew at an accelerated rate, it did not seem to be evil in nature; in fact, the 'child' was remarkably kind and compassionate about the world. It did not seem to have any of the demonic parents evilness in it. They chose to raise it the best that they can.

---

Ideas, Concerns, Thoughts?

LordErebus12
2013-09-09, 01:42 AM
Here is the character sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=652101

LordErebus12
2013-09-11, 10:13 PM
We have two twin sisters, the eldest the head of a wealthy and influential elven family. The youngest, free to do what she willed. There was an elven bard that each of the two sisters loved. The eldest was a barren widow, unable to have children after a near fatal miscarrage. She was a little mixed up as is from the whole ordeal, baby crazy and alone, except for her sister. The eldest was a summoner and the youngest a noble, but did not have any skills aside from that.

The bard had fallen in love with the youngest, taking her away in the night to some far flung location to be together, for the remainder of their lives. As their love blossomed, her sister grew lonely and bitter. She began sending out people to search for her sister and kill her lover. Her adviser Glam, someone who had been with the family since before her parents time, had convinced her that 'this betrayal' deserved the appropriate response.

In secret, the eldest sister plotted, finally growing desperate for vengeance. She could not find her sister and her lover. As a last act of desperation, she summoned a Glabrezu to grant her a wish. The Glabrezu had been watching for a long time, in fact. He had secured a position of adviser for the family, using magic to disguise his form, taking the name Glam. He informed her that her sister was with child, which infuriated the eldest sister. The glabrezu attempted to convince her that the child could be hers, if she wanted it so. Beyond reason, she uttered a curse on the child, wishing for it to be horrible and an abomination on this earth.

The demon saw its opportunity, granting the wish, at the cost of the eldest's remaining sanity. The child was to later be born a Draegloth. When it finally came time for the birth, the eldest found the place where the child would be born, with the demon's aid. She waited for the child to be born before making her move. As the 'child' was born, the youngest sister (the mother) died from the ordeal, destroyed by the effort of it all. The father, terrified, drew a blade to end the 'child'. The eldest, seizing the opportunity to slay the father and claim her 'Child'. The demon had dominated her broken mind, convincing her that this child would become a great leader of the household in the future, but it would require the appropriate aid.

She used every effort possible to train the child, everything from imprisonment to kidnapping, to secure trainers to teach and instruct the child. Many did not live long, for she saw everything that they attempted to instill in the child as a fault. The demon watched the child be raised up without any evil tendencies, although the child had a habit for excessive violence and a deep seeded loneliness for the outside world.

The last trainer, a crusader named Zacyanthos, had did his best to teach the child how to be righteous and good, but when the teacher had angered the 'mother', she had him hanged and his head put on a pike in the training yard. Furious at this betrayal and murder of his master, the child slew his 'mother' in cold blood and fled the estate, while the demon watched with glee.

The child, now almost fully grown, wandered the countryside in guilt, wishing for ways to atone for its murder of its 'mother'. Luckily, war broke out in Eberron. As the nations began to enter an all-encompassing civil war, the child found a group of crusaders (of the same order as it's teacher) to take it on as a recruit, after the tale was told of how it's master was killed.

So began it's training, surrounded by war and bloodshed, watched from afar by the demon, no doubt plotting to corrupt it's offspring.

LordErebus12
2013-09-11, 10:14 PM
the problem i'm having now is the Gods list for eberron. I cannot use any non-eberron gods and am having some trouble with where the character would live. I figure somewhere in Korvaire.