PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 free Apps

Beardbarian
2013-09-09, 08:02 AM
Hi folks

I'm looking for free Android Apps. I've already found a good character sheet but i can't find any ToB one.

I was thinking to make my own app for android tablet. If this will be the solution, what would you like to have ina an app like this? I mean:

-Basic stats
-Dice roller (Like "click on Spot and roll")
-ToB sheet (of course that's my goal)

And so on...

Krazzman
2013-09-09, 08:21 AM
I would like, if this is for Tablets or similar to have a character sheet I can fill, dice roller, buffs and debuff tracker, Ability tracker (Spellbook, spells per day etc.) round counter.

More or less that you have a "Roll" Button that then plops up a window asking for skill check or Attack and then asking the next question (which skill? which weapon) and so on. This would be the all around solution.

I have to say for casting classes I really like the PF Spellbook but I miss something like profiles for it like "X knows these Spells, Y knows these and Z can choose from this List."

The simple thing would be an Ability tracker for phones where you can add your own Moves and then keep track of them, diferentiating in "Ability Known" and "Ability Readied" with being able to ready some multiple times to have spells, powers, Maneuvers and Melds all hurdled into one app (without actually directly coding any Spells or powers outside of the SRD into the app).

LordHenry
2013-09-09, 09:27 AM
What's the name of the character sheet app? Also, sounds like a hell of a plan! :smallsmile:

Beardbarian
2013-09-10, 02:54 AM
I would like, if this is for Tablets or similar to have a character sheet I can fill, dice roller, buffs and debuff tracker, Ability tracker (Spellbook, spells per day etc.) round counter.

More or less that you have a "Roll" Button that then plops up a window asking for skill check or Attack and then asking the next question (which skill? which weapon) and so on. This would be the all around solution.

I have to say for casting classes I really like the PF Spellbook but I miss something like profiles for it like "X knows these Spells, Y knows these and Z can choose from this List."

The simple thing would be an Ability tracker for phones where you can add your own Moves and then keep track of them, diferentiating in "Ability Known" and "Ability Readied" with being able to ready some multiple times to have spells, powers, Maneuvers and Melds all hurdled into one app (without actually directly coding any Spells or powers outside of the SRD into the app).

Well, i was thinking about something like this. I'll start with a Maneuvers sheet (i'll try to find a solution for crusader's recovery system) and then i'll expand it.

What's the name of the character sheet app? Also, sounds like a hell of a plan!

It's just an idea for now but i'll study for this. Also i got a friend skilled with those things.

Another question: One spell list and the app is lighter or app heavy but separate lists for Arcane/Divine/Psionic/Spontaneus casters?

Krazzman
2013-09-10, 04:49 AM
I would do it like this:

"Spells" Known Lists. Every "spell" your char knows you implement by hand yourself except for the SRD ones.

That way you don't clash with copyright afaik, but i am unsure about that.

Then give them configurable slots.
Basically just a List with Spell Prepared/Cast and an option to favourite them.

You have to separate anyway since Meldshapers, Initiators, Psions and Casters have different mechanics.
Essentia and Binds/Shapes, Readied/Expended, Powerpoints and Spellslots.

For example:
Character Sha, Shaper, Essentia 5, Shapes 3, Binds 1. Totem Slot.
Character Psi, Psion, PP 25, Powerlevel 2.
Character Wiz, Caster, Slots 4 lvl1, 1 lvl2, knows 5.
Character Sor, SCaster, Slots 5 lvl1, 3 lvl2, knows 3.
Character War, Initiator, 4 M, 1 S, Knows 6M, Knows 2S.

Basically when creating a profile you are asked what sort of class you are, later with multiclassing, and then asked how many things do you know and how much you can.

For initiators the special thing is two have a refresh all method of refreshing, one of them has a refresh and rechoose and another one has a random refresh. Refresh all and being able to switch out should be ok but for a crusader you basically need a new thing. As well as a Stance tracker for them.

SolioFebalas
2013-09-10, 06:45 AM
As i know, ToB doesn't have an OGL, so making Apps not for own use, can cause problems. But I could be wrong :smallsmile:

Krazzman
2013-09-10, 08:30 AM
As i know, ToB doesn't have an OGL, so making Apps not for own use, can cause problems. But I could be wrong :smallsmile:

That is my reasoning to be able to add stuff yourself as a user. For you can now implement houserule versions of spells, homebrew spells and circumvent the Copyright due to implementing the maneuvers for your own use.

Maginomicon
2013-09-10, 08:44 AM
Assuming you're capable of making such an app, we should get together and exchange ideas/information. I've created a couple of tools and toys in Google Docs/Drive which aid in my campaign:

Character/Effect Tracker (with the ability to track effect durations and increment the "game clock" by rounds/minutes/hours/days/seconds)
Party XP Tracker (Uses the Level-Independent XP Awards variant, also displays useful metrics about the rate at which the party has been gaining XP)
"Slow Burn/Craft Points" encounter calculator (Utilizes the XP Bonus Pool variant as well as my "Slow Burn" campaign XP pacing variant and the Craft Points variant)
Inventory Manager (Painlessly manages the encumbrance rules, including shops wherein the players can at any time that's plot-feasible buy things and add them to their inventory sheet, accounts for containers)
RAW-inspired Random Community generator (as given by the guidelines in the DMG and DMG II, includes exactly how many NPCs of each core class and level live in the community, as well as the NPC class counts)

Beardbarian
2013-09-10, 03:37 PM
Ok, let's start.

"Spells" Known Lists. Every "spell" your char knows you implement by hand yourself except for the SRD ones.

That way you don't clash with copyright afaik, but i am unsure about that.

Then give them configurable slots.
Basically just a List with Spell Prepared/Cast and an option to favourite them.

You have to separate anyway since Meldshapers, Initiators, Psions and Casters have different mechanics.
Essentia and Binds/Shapes, Readied/Expended, Powerpoints and Spellslots.

For example:
Character Sha, Shaper, Essentia 5, Shapes 3, Binds 1. Totem Slot.
Character Psi, Psion, PP 25, Powerlevel 2.
Character Wiz, Caster, Slots 4 lvl1, 1 lvl2, knows 5.
Character Sor, SCaster, Slots 5 lvl1, 3 lvl2, knows 3.
Character War, Initiator, 4 M, 1 S, Knows 6M, Knows 2S.

Basically when creating a profile you are asked what sort of class you are, later with multiclassing, and then asked how many things do you know and how much you can.

For initiators the special thing is two have a refresh all method of refreshing, one of them has a refresh and rechoose and another one has a random refresh. Refresh all and being able to switch out should be ok but for a crusader you basically need a new thing. As well as a Stance tracker for them.

I was thinking Arcane/Divine/Psion/Meldshaper/Initiator blank sheet with just slots to fill. Much easier, much lighter and no one can sue me for anything 'cause i'm not using trendmarked stuff

As i know, ToB doesn't have an OGL, so making Apps not for own use, can cause problems. But I could be wrong

See above. I don't know any of USA laws, if you can tell me if i'm right i'll appreciate

Assuming you're capable of making such an app, we should get together and exchange ideas/information.

Sorry but NOW i'm not cabable. But i'm about to study the subject and learn how to do.

I promise, you all'll be my free testers :smalltongue: