PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Bard/Favored Soul Build

Flasher
2013-09-09, 01:37 PM
Hi, I've got a character in a campaign who is a bard, and my DM allowed me to go for the Divine Prankster, even though he's a human. So, to qualify for the divine aspect of the prestige class, I chose to enter favored soul.
Right now the idea is to go Bard1/Favored soul 3/Bard 2/Favored Suol 4/Divine prankster 10

The thing is I'd like to progress a little bit in his arcane caster level after I'm done with the prestige class, but I don't wanna loose the divine CL. So, are there any good prestige class that combine arcane and divine class that makes some sense for this build?

Keep in mind that he's always making jokes, being ignored and loves to annoy people, even when someone get's the best out of him. His patron deity is Olidamara and he's a good fellow at heart. So, i can't accept going for some druidish builds, like fochuclan lyrist and mystic theurge.

I'm looking for an obscure class from a magazine or something like that. Everything, but campaign specific classes, is allowed.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful ^^

NeoPhoenix0
2013-09-09, 01:40 PM
you need one more level of favored soul to get 2nd level divine spells to qualify.

Flasher
2013-09-09, 01:42 PM
Yeah, my bad. I knew that. Gonna edit the post

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-09, 01:58 PM
Maybe take the Divine Bard ACF from Unearthed Arcana?

Gwendol
2013-09-09, 03:19 PM
Can't you use mystic theurge to cheese out the build? Right now Divine Prankster only advances the casting of the one class. Could you argue by taking a level of mystic theurge before entering the class to advance the casting of both divine and arcane, by referring to the MT spell casting progression? Or just make the DP advance both, it's rather fitting after all.