PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Priest Level 7 - Buffer/Support/Knowledge

Letric
2013-09-09, 01:39 PM
Hey,

I'm running a 1-20 Campaing. We were using 3.5 but we've decided to change to PF.

My character on 3.5 was going to be a Malconvoker, but due to the changes I decided to make a Priest (it's like a Cloistered Cleric).
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/priest

This is the Sheet for my PC:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=577438

It's not complete yet, but I wanted to give you the idea on how I want to roll it.

My main question is:

- Feats. I have 2 left, I like the ones I have, I love the idea of being a crafter and having lots of resources to overcome problems. I depend on my knowledge of things to find solutions and be prepared. I'm not naturally smart (10 INT) but I've studied a lot.
- I'm almost the only one on my party to have knowledge almost. Except druid for Nature and Summoner for Spellcraft/Arcana
- I was thinking about taking Cosmopolitan Feat:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/local-feats/cosmopolitan-local

My CON score is 16, I wanted to know if maybe is a bit too much? In my mind I picture my character as someone who likes knowing and showing it off, sometimes not being able to just shut up and no measuring the amount of information given.
I'm NOT really sure if 16 CON is really necessary. Maybe I should put more points into INT or CHA.
I mean, I'm a caster cleric after all, are those HP needed?

Chance is with Cosmopolitan Feat I could be taking Diplomacy or Bluff AND UMD. But I'm not really sure.

My PC is someone who can heal (has Healing Domain), knows a lot of stuff and buff/debuffs enemies.

Any suggestions? I don't have any damaging skills and sometimes I'm having troubles landing some important spells like Hold Person.

Which debuff I can use to avoid this?

Psyren
2013-09-09, 02:45 PM
1) You mention shifting points from Con to other scores; what point buy are you using?
2) I wouldn' t bother with the Healing domain - it looks like Priests get to spontaneously convert to cure spells even if none of their domains have any, so you're losing nothing. Go with something that has offensive power instead, like Smoke or Weather, and pick that offensive domain as your "spontaneous conversion" domain so that you can fill your slots with utility spells and still contribute in a fight.
3) What's your alignment? This will affect some of your spell choice.

Letric
2013-09-09, 02:57 PM
Can't change Domains. Already went with those and I don't want to make last second changes (used them and DM knows about them)

STR 7
DEX 10
CON 16 + 2 Item
INT 10 + 2 Item
WIS 18 + 2 Bonus + 2 Item + 1 Leveling
CHA 10

I've rolled really low dice for HP, below average I think.

I was thinking about switching some CON to CHA but I'm not quite sure if it's worth it.

I wanted to take the Cosmopolitan Feat and add Bluff and UMD as Class Skills

navar100
2013-09-09, 08:09 PM
If you can increase Charisma a bit to get some more Channeling. Channeling is not the only thing you should be doing, but it is efficient non-spell use healing multiple people at once. Personal opinion I'd want a 14 minimum.

Along with that, Selective Channeling is an important feat if you know you will Channel to heal during combat. It's not always the best option, but healing more than one party member who is near Death's Door to prevent both of them from dropping to do stuff is a big deal. Selective Channeling allows you to do so without healing the bad guys. However, if you're not going to increase Charisma then the point is moot, and you couldn't even take the feat.

For a 4th level spell you will want to prepare Blessing Of Fervor. Everyone will love you. It's similar to Haste with a few more options. Save it for the BBEG or other tough battles.

Letric
2013-09-09, 08:31 PM
If you can increase Charisma a bit to get some more Channeling. Channeling is not the only thing you should be doing, but it is efficient non-spell use healing multiple people at once. Personal opinion I'd want a 14 minimum.

Along with that, Selective Channeling is an important feat if you know you will Channel to heal during combat. It's not always the best option, but healing more than one party member who is near Death's Door to prevent both of them from dropping to do stuff is a big deal. Selective Channeling allows you to do so without healing the bad guys. However, if you're not going to increase Charisma then the point is moot, and you couldn't even take the feat.

For a 4th level spell you will want to prepare Blessing Of Fervor. Everyone will love you. It's similar to Haste with a few more options. Save it for the BBEG or other tough battles.

Yes, Blessing of Fervor is already there XD

I think I went with too much WIS when I really don't need it. 16 + 2 for Bonus + 2 for Item should be enough, I could even leave it at 14 + 2 + 2.

That way I can drop points into INT and CHA. I'll speak about this with my DM, I think the extra spell I get is not really THAT worth it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think overall would be a better idea