PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch - Xeno-Hunters (IC)

Viper9090
2013-09-09, 03:27 PM
As the mission begins you are all strapped into crash seats in the red tinged interior of the Thunderhawk Fire of Meriz, piloted by Brother-Pilot Hez'ka.

You have been on approach to the station for the last 10 minutes, knifing through space towards Inquisitorial Research Station Omega 6696.

You are minuets way from docking, and have made it through the station's defensive minefield, which prevented your Strike Cruiser, the Warrior's Wrath from deploying you directly.

As you make your final preparations Brother Hez'ka‘s voice comes over the local vox. "Be ready Brothers, we shall arrive mome-" Suddenly he stops as a frantic pinging can be heard in the background "What?" You hear, then pilot yells "Station’s point defences active! Brace for evasive maneuvers!"

You are all pulled back into your seats as the gunship accelerates, then you feel the gut-wrenching gravity shifts as presumably your pilot tries to avoid incoming fire. From the lack of fiery death you can assume he's doing well.
"Final approach." You hear the pilot grind over the vox, and then comes an almighty bang from the engine compartment, followed by some other rattling impacts. "Engines hit, still online.” over the vox, “Down in three, two, one..."

There is another mighty bang that lifts you all from your seats from a moment, and then comes an ear wrenching screech of what has to be your Thunderhawk grinding along a metal deck as you are thrust back into your seats.

This continues for a few moments, and then the screeching subsides, your crash webbing disengaging automatically as the interior lights go from red to green. The front hatch descends and a view of a dark shuttle bay comes into view.

What do you do next?

Entaris
2013-09-09, 04:40 PM
Only once the dust had fully settled did Lox's servo-arm release the support beam it had gripped to keep the seigemarine in place on the bench. "And this is why drop pods were designed..." Lox murmurred, heaving himself to his feet as he activated his helmet's built-in vox, "Brother Hez'ka, report. What is the damage to the vehicle?"

Revanus
2013-09-09, 05:07 PM
A fallen beast is an easy target. Lokir wasn't about to wait around in the thin-skinned hull of a wounded bird.

Glancing quickly at the auspex as Lokir begins to take in the world around him, he moves towards the doorway.

Awareness:[roll0] vs. 60

Returning the auspex to his webbing, Lokir readies his missile launcher on his shoulder.

"Everybody out."

Exiting the Thunderhawk, Lokir moves to nearby cover, attempting to stay out of plain view.

Assuming we're in narrative time [lack of initiative]
Move: 6 meters to the most advantageous cover in sight.
Silent Move: [roll1] vs. 50 (-10 for hulking?)
Concealment: [roll2] vs. 60 (50+20 [cloak]-10 [hulking])

Warfour
2013-09-09, 05:17 PM
"You heard Lokir, get on the ground and secure our brother pilot and the ship. Otherwise we might be stranded on this rock!

Thrakus begins to rapidly move out of the ship, not bothering to attempt stealth as he knows that their arrival was already just announced. Besides he would prefer to be the target, better for him to bear the strain than any of his battle brothers. Thrakus then sets himself up in the open, ready to make a beeline to any foe that gets within his jump pack range.

Viper9090
2013-09-09, 05:30 PM
There is a pause, then the Salamander's voice comes back over the vox "It appears to be minor structural damage Brother Lox, thank the Ominssiah, although I will of course check the vessel for damage once you tram has begun investigating the station."

He then clicks over to a full squad vox "It appears there is minimal power in the shuttle bay brothers, only emergency lights and gravity. No air or other systems operation from what I can tell.

What Lokir sees:
You see a large dark hanger bay, illuminated only by faint chemical lamps near the exits (1 in the east, 2 in the north and 2 in the east). South is the vast opening of the landing bay, with the empty void beyond it. From the little you know of technology you can see the static shield that usually keeps the air in the hanger is offline.

Your gunship has skidded to a halt facing north east in the north wast corner of map grid 0701. To the east you can see two large troop shuttles bearing the mark of the Imperial Inquisition, they also appear powered down.

The bay has little else in it beyond two large fuel bowsers on the north wall and some tool cabinets around the walls.

There are now threats or enemies that you can see as you take cover in the lee of the downed Thunderhawk.

Messer
2013-09-09, 05:39 PM
Elyas rose from his seat, striding out o f the wounded Thunderhawk with his brothers.

"Are you alright, Brother-Pilot? Do you require my assistance?"

Short of that, Elyas turns his attentions to his surroundings, choosing to stand next to Thrakus.

Awareness:
[roll0] vs. Perception 35

Viper9090
2013-09-09, 05:46 PM
"My thanks but no brother, my crash seat prevented any damage to myself or my armour." The Salamander says "I will remain to control the ships guns until the team has cleared the bay of any threats before I proceed to repair the craft."

What Elyas sees:

You see a large dark hanger bay, illuminated only by faint chemical lamps near the exits (1 in the east, 2 in the north and 2 in the east). South is the vast opening of the landing bay, with the empty void beyond it. From the little you know of technology you can see the static shield that usually keeps the air in the hanger is offline.

Your gunship has skidded to a halt facing north east in the north wast corner of map grid 0701. To the east you can see two large troop shuttles bearing the mark of the Imperial Inquisition, they also appear powered down.

The bay has little else in it beyond two large fuel bowsers on the north wall and some tool cabinets around the walls.

Messer
2013-09-09, 05:49 PM
"I see no threats, brothers, we should proceed."

Raising his bolter to aim, he waited for others before advancing to secure the rest of the bay.

Entaris
2013-09-09, 05:55 PM
Confident in the knowledge that the machine was only lightly wounded, Lox nodded, hanging his auger over his shoulder again and drawing his immolation rifle. Very well. We should not be long." The Techmarine replied, turning and exiting, checking his siege auspex and picking up a container from under his seat on the bench. He exited the Thunderhawk into the midst of his Battle-Brothers position, thudding the container against Lokir's chestplate, the Gauntlet and Bolts of the Imperial Fists clearing stamped on the end, "A gift, from Brothers long past. May it serve you well." He commented, leaving the concussion missile with the Launcher-Brother as he peered out towards the complex with his seige auspex.

Lupercal83
2013-09-09, 05:57 PM
Loken unstraps himself and swiftly exits the Thunderhawk. He quickly goes over to the engine to inspect it. He also gives the rest of the Thunderhawk a cursory examination.

Tech Use or Evaluate: 1d100 vs Int 50

"Brother Hez'ka, is there anything I may assist with before we begin our search?"

Should the pilot not need his assistance Loken lays his hands on the thunderhawk and says a quick blessing. Then he goes to stands next to his battle brothers.

Warfour
2013-09-09, 05:59 PM
Just because we do not perceive a immediate threat doesn't always mean that there is none brother. I suggest we secure this hanger quickly, I would rather not be here when our strike cruiser starts firing.

With that said Thrakus began patrolling around the immediate area of the ship, scanning ever cranny he could for any threat.
preception [roll0] vs 43 (forgot about the natural heightened senses)

Entaris
2013-09-09, 06:09 PM
(Forgot my Per roll for seeing through walls)

[roll0] vs 70 (30 base +10 Heightened Sight Nat +10 Sight Helmet +20 Awareness Auspex)

Lupercal83
2013-09-09, 06:19 PM
Let's see if I can get this roll to work for Tech Use/Evaluate:

[roll0]

Viper9090
2013-09-09, 06:26 PM
"I need no assistance brother, my thanks for the offer. I shall have the gunship fixed and ready to fly when it comes time to leave."

Loken:
(You cannot edit in or edit rolls, it breaks the system to stop cheating, you need to roll again, as you have done.) Your examination of the Thunderhawk shows only some minor buckling near the engine compartment where the ship was hit by what looks like las-fire. It is nothing that your Salamander brother cannot fix alone given half an hour or so.

Thrakus:
Detects nothing out of place from what he can see of the shuttle bay.

Lox:
The auspex pings back a good return, confirming there are no entities present in the area, although it does indicate a very faint heat signature coming from somewhere near the exits. There is no hidden crevices or panels where a creature could be hiding beneath the deck or in the surrounding bulkheads as far as you can see,

Entaris
2013-09-09, 06:35 PM
Lox hung the auspex on his harness, The surrounding rooms are clear. No life signs detected. The Techmarine stated and moved toward the nearest door leading inward.

Revanus
2013-09-09, 06:51 PM
Lokir nods his thanks to Lox for the gift. Shrugging on the easily recognizeable canister of concussion missiles, Lokir pauses to look at the various entrances illuminated by the dim lamps.

He quickly ponders defensive tactics, in an attempt to glean which direction is most likely to house valuable material.

Defensive Tactics: [roll0] vs. 40

The walls prove inscrutable.

"Unless others have insight--I have long held that when in doubt, head north.

Check the lockers before we head out--perhaps there might be some clue as to why we were fired upon.

Brother Skjald, shall we proceed?"

Entaris
2013-09-09, 06:56 PM
Wait.... Lox mutters to himself, checking the exit more closely for some clue as to the heat signature his siege auspex returned, the auspex replacing his left eye whirring and clicking softly inside his helmet as displays scanned across hsi helmet's display.

[roll0] vs. 50

Messer
2013-09-09, 07:00 PM
"For lack of better options, I concur with brother Lokir."

He pointed his bolter towards the north tunnel, attempting to decipher what that hallway holds.

Awareness:
[roll0] Vs. 35 Perception

Entaris
2013-09-09, 07:06 PM
My Auspex picked up a heat signature return around the exits, but faintly...as though the door had been exposed to heat priorly. Lox reported, running his fingers across the panel to open the door.

Revanus
2013-09-09, 07:26 PM
Lokir smiles behind his helm.

"Perhaps your auspex has observed the glow of the chemical lamps, brother."

Lokir moves towards the north entrance. He finds cover again behind a nice vantage point facing the blast door and braces his heavy weapon.

"In position. Breach north entrance when ready."

Concealment roll (if necessary):[roll0] vs. 70 50--10 (hulking)+10(stationary)+20(cloak)

Entaris
2013-09-09, 07:32 PM
OOC: I think you just turned invisible XD

IC: Lox nodded and triggered the door's opening panel.

Warfour
2013-09-09, 07:42 PM
before the door opens Thrakus says to lokir

"If anything lies beyond this door, ill get their attention Brother. It should give you a easy shot before we engage."

Thrakus blades at the ready, enters with lokir

Revanus
2013-09-09, 08:10 PM
"Aye. Just stay out of the blast range, brother. Let my missiles greet the enemy before your blade shines."

OOC:
Before we enter, let's trigger squad mode.

Lupercal83
2013-09-09, 08:16 PM
Loken moves to cover the door and readies his bolter.

"I am in position brother. Let us see what lies beyond"

Messer
2013-09-09, 08:50 PM
Following his brothers to the door, he took up a covering position, watching their backs and flanks.

"Ready to go, brother."

ChaoticSky
2013-09-09, 09:24 PM
Gale strode forth from the Thunderhawk last without a thought for cover, his gauntlet on his hand twinkling with azure witchlight as he peered about for enemies, and his expression soured when it became clear that there were none present and he huffed a sigh, before following the others with a modest attempt at keeping to cover and similar such things, though there was no lack of diligence when it came to his effort at checking out the area. As the other's gathered forward towards the north entrance, a grin once more returned to his face as he moved up with the others to take cover on the side of the doorway, and cast his senses forward, rising his gauntlet in preperation to unleash his psychic powers, should it be required.

Psyniscience
[roll0] vs 45 Per

Entaris
2013-09-09, 09:36 PM
OOC: And now we wait to see if this door even opens :/

Col.Straken
2013-09-10, 02:06 AM
Bjiil exits the Thunderhawk with his Bolter raised and ready, scanning around for any threats and checking the position of his squad. He quickly takes up position to provide supporting fire as the squad fans out.

Awareness vs: 75 (per 55 + heightened 10 + helmet 10) [roll0]

As they move over to one of the doors Bjiil follows still keeping his Bolter trained on the surrounding area "Check your zones, eyes open. Tactical advance, keep to what ever cover you can find." he throws out the orders in quick sharp sentences.

Activate Squad Advance, squad mode.

Viper9090
2013-09-10, 06:16 AM
Lox pulls the handle, but there is no response from the door. Clearly the power is out for the automatic door controls.

Gale:
You reach out with your psychic senses, and although you feel dulled by the rock and metal around you, you feels something. It is nothing large, not a demon or a powerful psyker, but something. It's an odd, disturbing sense, like something slithering beneath a pool of murky water, then for a moment, you feel whatever it is looking back. Then the sensation fades, and you a you are back in the hanger.

Elyas:
You see a strong bulkhead door bordered by two chemical lights, 5 meters wide and 4 meters tall, with a standard release console on the right hand side with a manual release crank on the left. The door is closed.

Lox:
Your extra scans produce no new information.

What Bjiil sees:

Entaris
2013-09-10, 06:37 AM
Someone wanted to lock someone out...Lox goes for his Auger on instinct, then stops, Or something IN...Hold...Did the Inquisitor not say other groups had been sent before us? He inquired, pointing further into the hangar bay, Mayhap we could find other transports, possibly with intact cogitators chronicling anything anomalous. The Techmarine offered

Messer
2013-09-10, 08:45 AM
"There appears to be a manual release for the door, I suggest attempting it before moving on."

Continuing to cover his brothers, he waited for further instruction.

Col.Straken
2013-09-10, 09:00 AM
Bjiil takes a breath, too many opinions can be a big distraction, he scans the hanger again and makes a decision. "We do not have time to search this place together. Thrakus and Loken, check out those two Shuttles, record any information you believe relevant. Lokir, take up a covering position. Elyas, take left of the door, I shall take the right. Gale stay hidden for now, Lox get this piece of scrap open."

Bjiil takes up his position to the right of the door, Bolter still at the ready.

Entaris
2013-09-10, 09:11 AM
Yes, Brother. Lox responded, grasping the release crank with his servo-arm, immolation rifle at the ready as the mechanical appendage spun, cranking the door open.

ChaoticSky
2013-09-10, 09:14 AM
"Ware Cousins, there is certainly something here, and its aware of us, but it is slippery, i cannot locate it." Gale rumbled quietly.

Messer
2013-09-10, 09:51 AM
Silently agreeing with his brother's command, he took up position opposite of Bjill, bolter at the ready to dispense the Emperor's Justice at whatever would dare to oppose them.

He waited as the door was manually opened, when enough of the hallway was revealed, he peered down it, attempting to see what the door hid from them.

Awareness:
[roll0] Vs. Perception 35

Revanus
2013-09-10, 12:15 PM
"Aye, skjald. Nose is in the air."

Lokir keeps his weapon braced and ready in the darkness.

Free action:Joining squad mode as initiated by Bjill.

Viper9090
2013-09-10, 02:34 PM
The door cranks open on well oiled hinges. Opening upwards, it reveals a metal set corridor of the same dimensions as the door. In the distance you can see another pair of chem-lamps around a similar sized door.

To the left you can see a darkened entrance to a smaller side passage, and another passage can be seen far to the right. Other the the chem-lights the corridor is dark.

Col.Straken
2013-09-10, 04:42 PM
Bjiil scans the corridor for any threats before activating the Vox, "Thrakus, Loken, once you have finished searching those shuttles, continue down this corridor to the first major junction. Secure that junction as an evac route this will be Rendezvous Point One. The rest of the squad will continue to the next junction, Lokir you will secure RP Two. Gale, Elyas, RP Three. Hopefully there will not be any more than that."

With his orders distributed he raises his Bolter and enters the corridor, heading for the first door he expects the rest of the squad to follow. "Check all doors, but do not spend too long on each chamber. A cursory glance should suffice."

Entaris
2013-09-10, 04:58 PM
Seeing that his new Battle-Brothers had at least a modicum of understanding when it came ot breaching procedure, Lox secured his immolation rifle and pulled his siege auspex again, using it at each point the team stopped, his servo-arm operating the manual cranks with mechanical efficiency.

Gonna throw out a few to speed up the process:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

All v 70

Messer
2013-09-10, 07:07 PM
Elyas dutifully followed his orders, covering his brothers as they advanced down the hall towards the first door, taking his position on the left side of it once more.

Lupercal83
2013-09-10, 07:53 PM
"Affirmative, Brother Bjiil. I will proceed to the Inquisitorial shuttles immediately. If there is anything of note we will find it. These machines will not hold back any secrets from me."

Loken caustiously advances toward the shuttles. He runs his suits scanners and diagnostics over the craft. He also pulls out his auspex and sweeps the ships.

Loken voxes back to his squad members " Please keep me informed of any developments you come across. We shall be back with you shortly."

When Loken reaches the shuttles he looks for an MIU uplink so he may commune with the machine spirit.

Tech Use Roll for auspex:
[roll0] vs Int 50+30(auspex bonus)

Tech Use Roll for MIU:
[roll1] vs Int 50+10(common MIU bionic)

Warfour
2013-09-10, 08:06 PM
The air around the party shifts as Thrakus engages his jump pack

I'll take the far shuttle brother Loken, I can cross the hangar more rapidly than you could on foot. Once I finished looking around i'll turn about and meet with you at the first ship. Then we can both return to the squad with whatever news we will have gleamed from our investigation. Speed is of the essence brother, we do not want our squad to be engaged without us.

Finished addressing his squad mate Thrakus takes off towards the other shuttle, crossing the gap quickly thanks to his augmented speed. Upon arriving at the ship Thrakus began to his search it for any remnants of the squads that came before and possible clues to what befell them.

perception [roll0] vs 43

Revanus
2013-09-10, 11:28 PM
"Right behind, skjald."

Lokir carefully slings his missile launcher onto his back and draws his bolter.

Advancing behind Bjill, Lokir sweeps his weapon over the darkened area with one hand, scanning for any hint of threat using his auspex and finely honed senses.

Turn:
Movement in cohesion with Bjill. If there's any cover to take advantage of, Lokir finds it as he awaits the next door breaching.

Awareness: [roll0] vs. 60

Clearly, Lokir's eyesight is failing in his old age. :)

Satisfied, he returns the auspex to his belt and gets a better grip on his bolter.

Viper9090
2013-09-11, 07:34 AM
Question:
What in order is the squad advancing down the tunnel? Also, whoever is leading please take an awareness test

Loken:
Your auspex detects no lifeforms. However, the auspex indicates that both craft have power. There is no MIU link outside the shuttle and the hatch is sealed. It also appeared the release mechanism has been damaged by some sort of las weapon. It may be possible to reopen.

Thrakus
You quickly reach the furthest shuttle. It's hatch is sealed, although it does look like there is a release mechanism on the side of the hatch.

ChaoticSky
2013-09-11, 07:44 AM
Gale looked over his shoulder somewhat wistfully as the scent of jetpack exhaust reaches his nose, it was not ago that he had worn his own pack, and he still found himself troubled by the sudden sensation of having forgotten something, when 'noticed' the lack of its weight on his back. He had been forced to leave his cherished charge-pack behind when he took up the Vigil. Naturally, he considered his chapter to have the right of it, hopping around like rabbits was ill fitting of space marines, but at this point he would have been happy with one of those.

Shaking off his reminiscing, Gale continued forward with the group; that was one of the perks of being a shaman, if your mind wandered everyone assumed you were doing something deep and mystical, as opposed to woolgathering. He found himself grinning as he moved forward.

Entaris
2013-09-11, 08:21 AM
OOC: As the door-man, that would be me :/
Could I just use the rolls I made for each intersection we passed on the previous post of mine?

If not:

[roll0] vs 70

Messer
2013-09-11, 08:31 AM
Elyas is covering the left side of each door that is opened, until RP 3, which he will hold.

Revanus
2013-09-11, 12:55 PM
Seeing no imminent danger, Lokir opens a private vox channel to Bjill, using Juvjyk to underscore the personal nature of their conversation. In the rapid-fire nature of Juvjyk, the conversation moves fast.

Transmission to Bjill: "Blackshot--I will happily follow you to death and glory.

Yet, allow me to share with you the wisdom of my betters. A wolf alone is easy prey. A divided pack will not survive the winter.

I fight better in the company of my brothers. You are right to allow the Iron Priests to check the empty birds. But, I think the wiser choice is to keep the pack as one as we work our way into the base.

For where raiders go, blood follows. If this were a simple errand, we would not be here. Yet to leave a handful of us behind at every stop is to invite ambush. If the enemy is weak enough for one brother to handle, it will not hinder the seven of us. If it is too strong for the combined might of our pack, then a lone wolf left behind will not make a difference.

Do not leave us in the cold guarding empty halls--take us to fire and battle so that we may forge bonds of glory and blood."

Warfour
2013-09-11, 01:12 PM
Thrakus pulls the release for the ships door and steels himself for any surprise that may lie inside.

Perception [roll0] vs 43

Col.Straken
2013-09-11, 01:15 PM
Bjiil growls as Lokir speaks to him hunching slightly in frustration, the rest of the squad probably noticed his step falter. He returns the link speaking in the Wolves native battle tongue

For Lokir
"Do not presume I have not considered this. This is a mission with a time constraint, this asteroid will interfere with communications. I need each RP to act as a relay for if the Thunderhawk comes under attack. I also need to split the pack to speed the search.

There is another saying. The lone hunter sees more than the pack together. Being in a large group also means the enemy if there is any, can concentrate on one place, and you will be more cautious alone than with the pack.

Do not fear, none will be left so alone that they can not call upon the others."

Revanus
2013-09-11, 01:44 PM
Lokir to Bjill:

"My blade is yours to command, skjald."

Viper9090
2013-09-11, 04:13 PM
As Loken is advancing down the corridor and is about half way along when he feels something light snag against his leg armour, close to the ankle.
At that moment there is an explosion from a wall mounted pipe at torso level., silent in the corridor's vacuum. However, thanks to it's mark VIII elements his power armour deflects the blast, although it does cause him to break in his stride as some of its paint is removed in the light storm of shrapnel.

Thrakus:
The catch releases with the flash of a small greed LED and the hatch descends, revealing the red tinged interior of the shuttles rear. This is also depressurized, but shows the standard seat arrangement for the insertion of Imperial storm troopers. There is little to see in the interior, although you can see the door to the shuttle's cockpit is still sealed.

Warfour
2013-09-11, 04:39 PM
Seeing the empty interior of the ship Thrakus began imagining their potential fates in his head.

I hope you all died well guardsmen, with weapons in hand and the emperors name on your lips."

Deep Inside Thrakus knew the guardsmen would be found dead, as they would have died to a man to just get word of what they found on the ship back to command. But against his higher reason he hoped that they still were alive and fought on valiantly somewhere in the station. Still sweeping his surroundings he went to open the cockpit and see what befell the pilot.

perception [roll0] vs 43

Viper9090
2013-09-11, 05:34 PM
As Thrakus opens the door there is a movement as the door retracts, a heir thin cord wedged in a rivet on Thrakus's side of the door and running into the cockpit being pulled taut then pulling out what loos like a pin from a grenade wedged to a console on his left. He has no time to dodge as the grenade goes off silently in the vacuum.

However, the damage is not enough to breach your armour, but you can see it has ruined the consoles and would prevent using any of its interior electronics.

Lupercal83
2013-09-11, 05:57 PM
Loken tries to repair the damaged release mechanism on the shuttle.

Tech Use roll:
[roll0] vs Int 50+10(combi tool)

Should that fail he will use his servo arm to try and pry it open.
[roll1] vs Str of servo arm 75

Once open Loken will investigate the inside quickly.

Warfour
2013-09-11, 05:57 PM
Well it seems you did not want whatever you encountered to be able to leave. But this discovery only brought more questions, why set up a trap instead of sending a communication, why not flee using the functional ship and most importantly if they made it back here where are the bodies?"

It would of be good of me to warn Brother Loken of impending traps during his investigation. With a quick motion Thrakus spoke into his vox

"Beware brother loken, the ship I searched was rigged with a explosive attached to the cockpits door. Keep a keen eye out for other such improvised traps and I hope your ship bears more fruit than mine."

before leaving to Loken's position Thrakus checks the cockpit for any surviving material evidence.

perception [roll0] vs 43

Lupercal83
2013-09-11, 06:03 PM
Loken, will be a bit more careful now, expecting the recent explosion may have been a trap.

Awareness roll:
[roll0] vs Per 35

Loken voxes to the rest of the team: "Brothers, I have appeared to have encountered some sort of crude traps. It appears that someone did not want us to investigate. I advise caution as you proceed, I expect there to be more along our path."

Revanus
2013-09-11, 06:15 PM
Lokir noted the explosion up ahead, and grimaced as the vox-transmission confirmed his suspicions.

Traps.

If only he could taste the air and see with his own eyes--as a true hunter. Instead, the vacuum forced him to remain encased within his stifling helm.

"Step lightly and sharpen your eyes, kin."

Entaris
2013-09-11, 08:03 PM
Hearing his Brother's report upon encountering traps, Lox immediately replied, If the second shuttle has yet to be breached, might I suggest we MAKE a door into that ship, so as to avoid the same happening again?

Viper9090
2013-09-12, 05:54 AM
Loken manages to repair the mechanism, prying off the damaged casing and reconnecting the mechanism beneath. Does he open the hatch?

--

Thrakus does not see anything of use in the cockpit, the controls being destroyed and the mechanisms inside being shredded.

What do you do next.

Entaris
2013-09-12, 06:05 AM
Using his own augmented eyes and the siege auspex's increased power, Lox begins to scour the hallway for additional traps.

[roll0] v 70

Hi. :P

Lupercal83
2013-09-12, 07:17 AM
Loken cautiously opens the door.

Awarness Test:
[roll0] vs Per 35

Viper9090
2013-09-12, 10:47 AM
Lox gets no readings on the hallway, there are no further traps.

---

Loken lowers the hatch to a very bloody scene. The compartment is a mess, with what looks like large amounts of first aid equipment from the lockers strewn around. However, what draws your attention is a body. Still mostly dressed in Inquisitorial Stormtrooper armour, although the helmet is off and it appears someone has tried to match up a major wound in his abdomen with bandages and gauze. It didn't work.

Col.Straken
2013-09-12, 11:27 AM
Bjiil opens a squad link, "Be wary brothers, I have a bad feeling. However, we must hurry, check for any markings or signs which may speed out progress. The plan remains the same at this time, but is subject to change so stand ready." with that said he remains walking down the corridor checking each side chamber briefly and scanning the walls for any signposts or markings which will point to most likely weapons testing.

Revanus
2013-09-12, 12:20 PM
Lokir continues along the corridor, bringing up the rear of the squad. His keen eyes scan for threats as the squad continues to RP 2.

In a calculated decision, Lokir ceases to try to mask his noise. He returns his bolter to his side, taking a moment to settle his missile launcher back into firing position.

If there's something in the dark, he wanted it to know he was coming.

Awareness: [roll0] vs. 40

Messer
2013-09-12, 02:00 PM
Elyas continued with his squad to RP 2, still unused to taking orders from a Space Wolf, despite voting him leader. With any luck this missions would dispel any reluctance he held against the two.

Peering around the hallway, bolter at the ready, Elyas kept moving.

Awareness:
[roll0] Vs. 35

Viper9090
2013-09-13, 06:20 AM
Lokir detects nothing out of the ordinary in this darkened corridor.

Elyas peers down the corridor to his left, seeing that it actually ends in another sealed bulkhead.

You have reached the other bulkhead at the end of the corridor, similar in construction to the door in the hanger. What do you do?

So what is the squad composition at this point, have members stopped at each junction or are they all at the end of the corridor?

Col.Straken
2013-09-13, 07:06 AM
Bjiil turns to Lox "Brother, would you open the way for us?"

If I am reading the map right, we have passed the junction in 0704, and Lokir and Elyas (I have decided to leave them together) will be at the junction in the bottom of 0705

Warfour
2013-09-13, 12:34 PM
Upon finding nothing of value remaining in the ship Thrakus walked back down into the hangar and performed a quick gesture so his vox would transmit his message.

"Brother Loken,I have found nothing of importance during my search of this vessel. I am now en route to your position and upon arrival will wait outside the inquisition ship so as not to interfere with whatever search you are performing."

With a quick leap Thrakus' jump pack sprung to life and propelled him across the hanger at a speed few could match.

Lupercal83
2013-09-13, 01:14 PM
Loken does a quick sweep of the shuttle, looking for any clues to what happened here.

Perception roll:
[roll0] vs Perception 35

He also looks at the body and tries to determine what kind of weapons may have caused his wounds.

Common Knowledge: War roll:
[roll1] vs Int 50

Viper9090
2013-09-13, 06:41 PM
Loken:
The confused debris in the shuttle reveal nothing to Loken beyond showing that whatever happened was quick and probably rushed.

He gets more information from the body. His knowledge of warfare and weapons used on the battlefield shows him that most the damage was probably done with blunt force biological weapons, such as claws or talons, ripping large sections of the troopers flesh and armour open in messy chunks. The wounds around the trooper's abdomen are also extenuated by what look like cutting or stabbing marks from a bladed weapon, although more then that you cannot tell without the appropriate medical knowledge. There also appears to be las-burns on the stormtroopers armour, although how that occurred is unclear.

Lupercal83
2013-09-14, 12:57 PM
"Brothers, it I have found remains of some of the Inquisitorial troops in the shuttle. The majority of their wounds seem to be from claw like attacks with some blade work as well. Of note their seems to be some wounds caused by las weapon. Be alert brothers. Thrakus and are moving on to secure rendezvous point 1."

Loken meets up with Thrakus outside the shuttle, draws his bolter and proceeds to the first junction.

Col.Straken
2013-09-14, 01:13 PM
"Understood, be watchful brothers."

Throw out a Lore(Xeno) test for what could have caused the wounds, I expect a negative modifier for not actually seeing them vs:35 [roll0]

Revanus
2013-09-14, 03:30 PM
Lokir nods.

Lore (Xenos) test: [roll0] vs. 40

Viper9090
2013-09-14, 08:41 PM
Bjiil & Lokir

Its impossible to tell without examining the wounds which specific creature could have harmed the trooper, and their are dozens of creatures that kill with claws, from the Tyranid organisms to the Cthellean Cudbear.

However, you know they are all bestial in nature.

Also you have never heard of a creature with claws that could also produce blade marks and las-damage, which is an odd addition that points to the possibility of a Tyranid variant known as a Hybrid, a half human abomination that is as savage as a genestealer whilst still using the technology of the Imperium. Your knowledge also indicates they tend to use infiltration and distraction techniques rather then head on combat, which may explain what you have seen so far.

General:

Is Lox opening the doors right away, and is he covered or not?

Revanus
2013-09-14, 09:56 PM
Lokir opens a squad-wide vox-channel.

"We may be facing Tyranid Genestealers and their hybrids. They are foul beasts, but hybrids are sometimes capable of using the weapons of the Imperium. They prefer ambushes and guile to pure battle--be on guard.

Brother Lox--breach when ready."

Messer
2013-09-15, 08:19 AM
Genestealers. Perfect. It was no wonder, if the information was true, why the prior groups had not returned.

Raising his bolter to cover Brother Lox, he waited for the door to be cranked open, prepared to fire down the hall.

"Covering you, Brother Lox."

Awareness for down the hall:
[roll0] Vs. 35 perception

Viper9090
2013-09-15, 03:51 PM
I presume Lox is opening the door at this moment

The door cranks open as Lox turns the handle, opening upwards to reveal an enclosed metal chamber, about 10 by 10 meters and 5 meters tall. From what you can tell it seems to be some sort of airlock.

Interestingly there is a large rotating red light on the opposite wall, so it cleanly has some kind of power.

On the opposite side you the chamber you can see another hatch, this one about 2 meters wide and 4 tall. It only has an access pad, no crank is evident here.

Revanus
2013-09-15, 08:08 PM
Lokir sets up in the foyer, bracing his missile launcher and aiming it at the next entrance. He checks his power armor for an atmosphere analysis--in case oxygen has returned to the area.

Opening up a private channel to Bjill, he reverts to Juvjyk.

"This room is too small to guard with a Long Fang, skjald. My skill is of no usefulness in such a tiny space. Let us continue on as one group for now--if our vox grows spotty with the others, only then should we set up a vocal relay."

With that, he glances about, ever wary.

Awareness:[roll0] vs. 60

Col.Straken
2013-09-17, 11:23 AM
Bjiil nods as they enter the chamber. "Flashing red lights usually mean something important, or dangerous. It is a promising start. Lokir keep that launcher aimed the way we came, I do not wish to have any stealers creeping up on us. Elyas, cover the left, Gale help Lox with the door."

With his orders dished out Bjiil took his position on the right hand side and unslung the flamer, stealers would suffer more from the holy promethium than from Bolter rounds.

Viper9090
2013-09-17, 08:13 PM
Lox attempts to open the door, but it is code locked via the keypad, and does not appear to have a manual override.

Messer
2013-09-18, 07:50 AM
"If I may, brother, there are only two ways into this room. Requesting that I cover a wall seems... illogical."

Raising his bolter, he instead began scanning the room with his augmented senses, attempting to get the room to reveal anything that it withheld from his battle brothers.

Awareness:
[roll0] Vs. Per 35

Entaris
2013-09-18, 09:02 AM
The door hissing shut behind the Kill-team preceeded Lox approaching the next door, bending over the key console in examination, This appears to be an airlock, Brothers. Through proper code-communion with this keypad, the machine spirit of the lock should allow us entrance. Brother Lokir, if you would assist me... The Imperial Fist commented, gesturing his Techmarine Brother forward as the two of them began administering ritual diagnostic touches and muttering arcane enginseery requests to the input machine, verifying data between the characters on the pad and the dossiers loaded into their cogitators.

Tech-Use + equipment? +Assist? Probably just assist though, if the Inquisitor didn't provide us with access codes.

[roll0] vs 55 Int

Viper9090
2013-09-18, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately the attempts to access the pad are nt successful tis time, with a small screen indicating the 'code' was not valid, and you had 2 further attempts to enter the correct code.

Col.Straken
2013-09-18, 10:55 AM
Bjiil glares at Elyas, "Do I not speak plainly enough secret keeper? You are to cover our left flank once the door opens as we do not know if the room, if it is a room, extends to either side nor how far it may do so." he grits his teeth and growls slightly "now learn your place and hold your tongue as your chapter so often does."

He then turns to Lox "Get this door open however you can, if that means breaching it, then do so."

Messer
2013-09-18, 11:59 AM
Chuckling momentarily into the squad-vox, he replied. "So the wolf has fangs after all."

Taking his position by the door, he raised his bolter, awaiting the door to be either opened, of blown open.

Either way, Elyas didn't care.

Revanus
2013-09-18, 01:11 PM
Lokir watches the confusion at the door with very little amusement.

He had no real love for the Inquisition. That the organization had failed to provide them with a keypad code or override just underscored the bumbling inadequacy of the institution. It was the same sort of casual incompetence that led the Inquisition to conclude that "sterilizing" Armageddon was a good idea, even though the war was won.

Lokir growled and hefted his missile launcher on his shoulder. The Space Wolves did not like to move this slowly--they struck fast, hard, and without mercy. If the Imperial Fist couldn't get the door open, a krak missile would do the job.

Still, Lokir made a mental note to keep this story around for their return--"The Keypad That Stopped the Killteam."

Revanus
2013-09-20, 10:21 AM
Taking careful aim at the bulkhead door, Lokir issued a quick warning.

"Breaching door with krak missile. Take cover. Prepare for possible genestealer ambush once door is breached."

His squadmates quickly scrambled out of the way. With everyone safely out of the one-meter blast range, Lokir fired his payload, ready to see the Krak missile plow through the door--just as its brothers had sliced through countless armored vehicles and heavily armored foes in Lokir's expert hands.

Missile:

Attack: [roll0] vs 105 55+20 (two aim actions)+30 Surprise (it's a door--it has no idea what's coming)

Damage: [roll1]+10 Pen 8

Missiles: 7/8

Viper9090
2013-09-20, 07:25 PM
Some direct action at last.

The door is sturdy but quit thin, and the powerful explosive of the krak missile punches straight through the door reducing it to flying scrap metal. You get an impression of a vast space beyond the doors before the negative pressure causes massive compression in your formally airless compartment, bring back the fragments of red hot door.

GM instruction:
Everyone please roll me an agility test top dodge the returning shrapnel of the former door turned projectile.

Then everyone roll for initiative >:)

Revanus
2013-09-20, 08:31 PM
Dice rolls: Dodge: [roll0] vs. 50
Initiative: [roll1]

Revanus
2013-09-20, 08:37 PM
With practiced ease, Lokir avoids the fallout of his own krak missile.

Relaxing his braced stance, Lokir sidesteps the molten shrapnel as it blows past---not even sparing a glance at the fiery wreckage as floats swiftly down the passageway and out into the void.

Col.Straken
2013-09-21, 03:20 AM
Dodge vs 40: [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

Not expecting such a direct approach Bjiil had no time to move out of the way and was hit full force by the flaming Debris flying around the chamber.

Messer
2013-09-21, 12:31 PM
Agility:
[roll0] Vs. 45 agi

Initiative:
[roll1] + 4

Warfour
2013-09-21, 10:52 PM
ooc: Just for the record I am at the end of that hall right?

dodge: [roll0] vs 45
initiative: [roll1]

Unable to move fast enough to avoid the incoming shrapnel Thrakus takes the hit head on.

Viper9090
2013-09-23, 04:44 PM
GM: Please see OOC thread ASAP.