PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Reduce a weapons size?

Kreul
2013-09-09, 04:39 PM
Hi all, we found a weapon in Jade Regent that would be great for our ninja, Problem is he is a halfling. Every weapon we find is a size category too large for him.

Is there any way that a weapons size could be altered permanently in the game rules or are we looking at a house rule scenario if we want that to happen?

Thanks.

Zanos
2013-09-09, 04:41 PM
The sizing property can be added to any weapon for a flat 5k cost.

Strongarm bracers allow you to wield any weapon of one size category larger at no penalty. Those are 6k.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-09, 04:42 PM
The sizing property can be added to any weapon for a flat 5k cost.

Strongarm bracers allow you to wield any weapon of one size category larger at no penalty. Those are 6k.

Would be better off with the bracer's I say.

Kreul
2013-09-09, 04:44 PM
Thank you guys,

Are those both from Pathfinder? I'm looking in the SRD and not finding them.

Zanos
2013-09-09, 04:45 PM
Thank you guys,

Are those both from Pathfinder? I'm looking in the SRD and not finding them.

They're both in the 3.5 Magic Item Compendium.

Sorry if Jade Regent is PF material, I'm not familiar.

Kreul
2013-09-09, 04:57 PM
Yeah, Sorry about that, i should have been more specific.

Maladaptive
2013-09-09, 04:57 PM
Even if you can't get access to those options, you always have the choice to wield a larger weapon with a penalty by the SRD (assuming 3.5, though I imagine pathfinder has the same rules: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm). There is also a variant rule in the DMG that lets you do essentially the same conversion but without the penalty.

In either of these cases, it is dependent upon the type of weapon. If the weapon is two-handed to begin with, these options don't work and you must pick one of the other options.

Edit: I checked, the same rule exists in the PFSRD. Not sure if the variant is present in published PF material

Ashtagon
2013-09-09, 05:04 PM
You can always just buy a smaller size version of the weapon. It means knocking your average damage down by one size step. That typically means losing an average of one point of damage, which is trivial at normal levels of charop, and a blip at TO levels.

Kreul
2013-09-09, 05:39 PM
Thank you all for your responses.

Baroncognito
2013-09-09, 05:49 PM
Typically, my GM just has the weapon re-size to be appropriate for the weilder (on sufficiently magic weapons).

If stuff didn't re-size like that, why would anyone buy a human-sized bag of holding when a halfling sized bag of holding only weighs 30 pounds instead of 60 for the same holding capacity?

Greenish
2013-09-09, 06:55 PM
If stuff didn't re-size like that, why would anyone buy a human-sized bag of holding when a halfling sized bag of holding only weighs 30 pounds instead of 60 for the same holding capacity?Because there is no such thing as a halfling-sized bag of holding? :smalltongue:

But yeah, it's not a bad houserule.