PDA

View Full Version : Deep Cover [3.5, Spell + 2 Feats, PEACH]

Amechra
2013-09-09, 05:47 PM
Viewpoint Shift
Transmutation/Enchantment
Level: Bard 2, Jester 2, Death Master 2, Sha'ir 2, Wu Jen 2, Thayan Slaver 2, Vigilante 2, Slayer of Domiel 2, Wizard 2, Sorcerer 2, Savant 2 (Arcane)
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 min./level (D)

As you complete the awkward syllables and gestures of the spell, your vision wavers and then reaffirms itself as you look at the world through a different point of view.

You assume the mindset of another creature that shares your type for the duration of this spell. Upon casting this spell, you must decide the Alignment, name, race, personality, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental age, and religious beliefs of the mindset you are choosing to assume.

For the duration of this spell, your personality alters to match your chosen mindset; in addition, the spell tampers with your memories, smoothing over areas where they would clash with your new world view while not altering any of the specifics.

Finally, if an Alignment and religion other than your own were decided upon as part of the new mindset, your Alignment changes to match, and you are considered a follower of your new mindset's religion instead of your own for the duration of the spell.

If this spell would change your Alignment, it gains the appropriate alignment descriptors; for example, if a TN Wizard decided to change their alignment to Chaotic Good, the spell would have the [Chaotic] and [Good] descriptors.

Schizoid Mind-and-Body Collusion
Crazy? Yeah, sure, I'm crazy. Crazy like a fox, that is.
Prerequisites: Must know the Viewpoint Shift and Alter Self spells.
Benefits: Any ability or effect that would alter the use of Alter Self also affects the Viewpoint Shift spell, and vice versa.

Innate Reasonableness Imposition
I can change more than my body, friend.
Prerequisites: Must either have Alter Self as a spell-like ability or have a spell-like or supernatural ability that duplicates the effects of Alter Self.
Benefit: Whenever you a spell-like or supernatural ability that duplicates the effects of Alter Self, you may instead duplicate the effects of Viewpoint Shift.

-----------------

I think we could all do with a change of perspective, right?