PDA

View Full Version : The Untitled Comic Strip

Kid Jake
2013-09-09, 07:07 PM
I started a rambling, gag-a-day, stick figure comic about a month ago and it's been an amusing ride so far. If you've got a few minutes you can take a look at us here (http://untcs.com/?p=229)... or I guess you could find something productive to do instead, though I wouldn't recommend it.

Solse
2013-09-17, 04:52 PM
This is actually pretty funny. Especially the newest one. Man, I've been finding a lot of good webcomics on the forums recently.

Kid Jake
2013-09-17, 07:49 PM
Thank ya, always like knowing I made someone chuckle.

Jormengand
2013-10-02, 02:37 PM
I find the pages to be some mixture of absolutely hilarious, greatly confusing and unutterably offensive, myself. Maybe that's just me.

Tebryn
2013-10-02, 04:39 PM
You might want to run some spell checks, some errors here and there such as the latest comic. It's "A lot" not alot. Funny comic though, a bit of Cyanide and Happiness being channeled.

Zappit
2013-10-02, 04:48 PM
Something you need to do to make this more readable is to put the first character that speaks on the left. I went to the wrong dialogue a number of times and read things out of order. If you're arranging the first speaker on the right, place their dialogue higher up and a bit more to the left to draw the eye there first. That will improve the clarity of your comic.

Glass Mouse
2013-10-03, 01:25 AM
I find the pages to be some mixture of absolutely hilarious, greatly confusing and unutterably offensive, myself. Maybe that's just me.

Nah, that was my impression as well. There was pretty funny stuff in there, but when I came to the rape and sexist jokes, I knew it wasn't for me.

Good luck with it, though.

Kid Jake
2013-10-07, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the input folks, I always appreciate a critical eye. I'll try to set aside some time to go back and straighten out the worst of the comics to see if I can't make them a little more readable. I worried that a few of them were jumbled messes, but now I know for sure.

The humor I'll admit isn't for everyone. It gets a little rough in places and certainly isn't overly tactful. But I believe there ain't much in this world that isn't funny if you look at it just right and I write what makes me laugh.