PDA

View Full Version : Help with a character...

Equinoxcode
2013-09-09, 08:48 PM
I currently have a Halfling Rogue6/Beguiler3, I am looking to attain another class. I was wondering what a good option would be. Stats and info:

Align: CN
STR: 10
DEX: 20 - 24 enhanced
CON:14
INT: 16
WIS: 10
CHA: 15

I am a "battle rogue" as in I am up front flanking/sneak attacking everything. Hide and Bluff heavy. Roleplaying is paramount in this campaign; my character wouldn't go for anything evil, and religion is . I would pick up Fighter, but I'm looking for a WILL Save boost. I thought about Wilder, but I'm not set up for psionics. Here's the kicker...Core rules only. Forgotten Realms, pre-Spell Plague. Any help would be appreciated.

HalfQuart
2013-09-09, 09:06 PM
Can you clarify what you mean by "core"? I usually think of "core" as being PHB, DMG, and MM1 (and SRD).... but you've got Beguiler from PHB2, and mentioned FR, so I want to really understand what's available.

holywhippet
2013-09-09, 09:46 PM
You might have the requirements for the shadowdancer PrC which will help with stealth but not will saves.

By core rules, do you mean no splat books (anything other than the PHB, DMG and MM are splat books) or no third party?

Greenish
2013-09-09, 09:53 PM
You should be qualified for Unseen Seer (C.Mage) as is, and it would progress both your roguery and your casting.

Equinoxcode
2013-09-10, 08:08 AM
Sorry about the confusion. We can use any splat for D&D 3.0 and 3.5. No variant rules. No material from settings other than FR.

Equinoxcode
2013-09-10, 08:34 AM
You should be qualified for Unseen Seer (C.Mage) as is, and it would progress both your roguery and your casting.

Wow, I can't believe I missed this one. It aligns perfectly with my characters outlook and what I want for progression. Thanks!

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-10, 08:40 AM
Also, for continuation of that theme, check out the arcane trickster as a way to keep the progression of skills/magic going.

John Longarrow
2013-09-10, 10:50 AM
I'd suggest a dip into Swordsage. Stance to flank if you and another threaten target and feat to add dex to damage when in a shadowhand stance would be nice with a low str/high dex build.

(I have a 3rd level whispergnome fighter/martial rogue/swordsage that pulls more damage from the bonus than from the weapon most of the time :smallcool:)