PDA

View Full Version : V saves the day?

CRtwenty
2013-09-10, 03:42 AM
So V's little out of body experience should be ending very shortly assuming the other two fiends don't decide to cash in their claim on V's soul too. What do you think the odds are that V is going to swoop in and save everybody?

I'd say it's a given that V is going to try, but there's a pretty good chance the attempt will fail in some how. Especially given that there's a high level Psion on the scene who can probably counter a lot of what V can do. V's still got most of his/her spells available, so it'll be interesting no matter what happens. :smallwink:

AKA_Bait
2013-09-10, 04:49 AM
I think V will be trapped underground and unable to assist in any way until s/he has prepared new spells. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15982128&postcount=1)

littlebum2002
2013-09-10, 06:49 AM
I think V will be trapped underground and unable to assist in any way until s/he has prepared new spells. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15982128&postcount=1)

I don't know if I agree with your assessment, specifically that a stone tunnel can survive an explosion that took place literally right on top of it.

Shale
2013-09-10, 07:00 AM
Also, there's little reason to think that V couldn't blast through the tunnel. But it would have been foolish to unleash arcane destruction on the floor under the Gate when (a) the entire party was standing there; and (b) the entire point was to stop anybody from damaging the Gate. Now that neither one is an issue, blasting can be Plan A again.

AKA_Bait
2013-09-10, 07:32 AM
I don't know if I agree with your assessment, specifically that a stone tunnel can survive an explosion that took place literally right on top of it.

If the tunnel doesn't survive, that's actually worse for V's chances to be involved. At that point, V is buried alive in the rubble.

Also, there's little reason to think that V couldn't blast through the tunnel.

There's plenty of reason to think that. What spells do you think V has access to right now that s/he can use to blast through more than a foot of rock and sand? If s/he had such spells, why didn't s/he use them to blast out of the access tunnels earlier?

Shale
2013-09-10, 08:02 AM
A single shot of Disintegrate gets rid of a 10x10x10 cube of matter. Dangerous to cast on part of a large structure, much safer when you're targeting chunks of rubble. There's also Forceful Hand and the like to lift the wreckage out of the way.

MtlGuy
2013-09-10, 08:04 AM
V knows disintegrate, and can tunnel to a limited extent with same, why not? Beholders do it all the time...

There's the off chance that Sabine might be willing to help V, given how events have turned out. They both have a mutual nuisance in the form of Qarr...

littlebum2002
2013-09-10, 10:48 AM
If the tunnel doesn't survive, that's actually worse for V's chances to be involved. At that point, V is buried alive in the rubble.

Buried alive under the rubble from a stone roof. Remember, the explosion happened RIGHT ON TOP of her. So the most likely scenario is that the explosion destroyed the floor (V's ceiling), covering her with the debris. The rest of the pyramid was forced in many directions in the explosion. I imagine, with a random distribution of debris, some of the debris from the top of the pyramid landed on top of her collapsed tunnel, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to be a problem. At most, she has, what? 2 layers of stone rubble on top of her? I imagine a Bugsy's spell could take care of that.

V knows disintegrate, and can tunnel to a limited extent with same, why not? Beholders do it all the time...

There's the off chance that Sabine might be willing to help V, given how events have turned out. They both have a mutual nuisance in the form of Qarr...

Even if Sabine wants to help, she cannot do so for 24 hours. Probably closer to 22 at this point, but still.