PDA

View Full Version : Marru Appearance

Telonius
2013-09-10, 05:18 AM
I'm looking for any information about the Marru. They're mentioned in Sandstorm as the race that created the Marruspawn, but the book doesn't give any description of the race itself. Is there some other source where they're more clearly described?

(If not, I have a terrific idea for the campaign I'm running...)

Greenish
2013-09-10, 05:23 AM
There isn't any information on Marru beyond Sandstorm that I know of, but if their creations are any clue, they'd have the basic Anubis set-up.

LOTRfan
2013-09-10, 05:36 AM
I haven't actually been able to use them yet, but if I were I would probably use the Jackal Lords to represent them.

Of course, if you have an idea for them already for your campaign, why not just run with that, regardless of whether or not there are a couple lines of descriptive text in a book?

Telonius
2013-09-10, 05:46 AM
Good to hear, just making sure it's not contradicting anything canon.

I'm going to make them a progenitor Lizardfolk race, loosely based on the Silurians from Doctor Who. (Time travel is a big theme in the campaign).

Psyren
2013-09-10, 07:54 AM
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sand_gallery/87628.jpghttp://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sand_gallery/87629.jpg

There you go. (EDIT: Or are these the Marruspawn themselves? Their progenitors should be similar I guess.)

You know, I've been meaning to take a closer look at the Sandstorm/Stormwrack races, with an eye for updating them to PF.

Greenish
2013-09-10, 08:10 AM
There you go. (EDIT: Or are these the Marruspawn themselves? Their progenitors should be similar I guess.)Those are marrulurk, marrusault, and marrutact. They're different kinds of marruspawn, yes, but that only means they were created by a race called marru (whose appearance isn't described anywhere). I mean, they had wast eldritch energies, they could've just picked human and jackal as the basis of their creations on a whim.

Psyren
2013-09-10, 08:15 AM
It could have been a whim, but I'm willing to bet that the Jackal motif isn't coincidence.

You're right though, can't be 100% sure.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-09-10, 08:17 AM
Marruspawn (other than Marrulurk) are mostly unplayabe, huge LA+RHD make them less than ideal (though lurk make for pretty awesome rogues with massive stat bonus, hearing-based scent, bonus feats and Monstrous Humanoid RHD aren't that bad, obviouly not on par with Dragon or Outsider but OK).

If you are going with Silurians as the progenitor I would change their outward appearance to be more reptilian in nature, mechanics (with the possible exception of Discriminating Hearing) should be good enough as they are.