PDA

View Full Version : A spell like a same-plane Gate?

gomipile
2013-09-10, 08:52 AM
Is there a spell which acts like the planar travel version of Gate, but which is for Teleport or Greater Teleport range travel instead?

What I mean is something like a two-way Teleportation Circle that you can see through both ways like an archway. For my purposes, it would be fine if it only had the range of Teleport rather than Greater Teleport.

Ansem
2013-09-10, 09:01 AM
You had a set of rings which allowed teleportation between the two, can't remember the name though..., but that's the closest what I can think of.
Someone will name that item and else I'll come back to it once I remember the name.

Scow2
2013-09-10, 09:03 AM
Ring gates, but they're too small to really work.

You're better off homebrewing something... though if Psionics have Wormhole, that could work too.

Yora
2013-09-10, 09:13 AM
What about teleportation circle?

Feytalist
2013-09-10, 09:17 AM
What about teleportation circle?

Mentioned in the OP.

Also mentioned in the OP that you need to be able to see through both ends to the other side, sort-of like a Portal, I guess.

gomipile
2013-09-10, 09:37 AM
Ring gates, but they're too small to really work.

You're better off homebrewing something... though if Psionics have Wormhole, that could work too.

What is the source for Wormhole?

Hecuba
2013-09-10, 11:37 AM
What is the source for Wormhole?

The Will and the Way
AD&D 2nd edition, Dark Sun setting specific Psionics resource

To my knowledge, it's never been officially present in 3rd edition. And the 2nd edition psionics system was different enough that direct conversion isn't readily possible.