PDA

View Full Version : Campus Insolitus - yet another amateur webcomic

Randorn
2006-12-23, 03:45 AM
... made by your humble bard with a hat.

I stated drawing it a couple a months ago, inspired a bit by the Order of the Stick; not the style itself but rather the fact how simplistic the pictures can be while still telling a good story. So, no, no stick figures await you if you follow the link, I'm afraid.

The comic is about... well, I haven't yet made up my mind about what it actually should be about, but its main character is an art student in a somewhat different university of magic.

That said, here it is: Campus Insolitus (http://insolitus.randorn.de/part1.html)
All kinds of feedback are appreciated. *smiles*

Bryn
2007-01-10, 03:10 PM
Good comic, from what I've read so far. I think there might be a bit too much text in many panels - comics are a visual medium, and shouldn't require the reading of a lot of descriptive text - but nice work all the same.

Yo-jimbo
2007-01-11, 12:35 AM
It's a good start, the wording reminds me a little of Douglas Adams (Hitchhikers Guide author)

Randorn
2007-01-13, 09:39 AM
Thanks.

Well, I'm just experimenting with the genre so far, thus the resemblance with a book and the many words. There are some more experiments to come (as soon as I find time to draw, that is). *smiles*