PDA

View Full Version : What kind of stats would you give someone only wearing certain parts of armor?

pso_zeldaphreak
2013-09-10, 10:31 AM
For instance, if a Goliath wore full plate armor, but only from the waist down... what kind of bonuses would you give? Are there rules for this somewhere or...?

Azoth
2013-09-10, 10:37 AM
That is somewhat a tough call really. It doesn't really provide protection where most opponents would aim their strikes to begin with. Is he wearing any of the layers of armor that make up the rest of the armor? Keep in mind that Full Plate is technically multiple layers of different armors put together for its full effect.

My gut instinct wouldn't be to give him any armor bonus to AC simply because too many of his vital areas are left exposed.

If he just wanted the raw chest look, I could at least see giving him leather or breastplate AC if he wore a wrap of leather over his stomach or steel sheet to protect his stomach along with the thigh armor and greaves.

Flickerdart
2013-09-10, 10:38 AM
Gloryborn (or possibly Glorybound? Glorysomething) armour is a special way of crafting armour in one of the Planes that makes it look skimpy but provide the same protection as normal.

OldTrees1
2013-09-10, 10:40 AM
Glamered, Price +2,700 gp.
Normal clothing for a Goliath is bare chested.

hoverfrog
2013-09-10, 10:48 AM
As a rule of thumb give an AC bonus in proportion to the amount of armour worn. i.e if he's wearing 50% of his armour then he gets 50% of the AC bonus.

That said there are Pathfinder rules for piecemeal armour (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/variants/piecemealArmor.html) that are quite comprehensive.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-10, 10:49 AM
Glamered, Price +2,700 gp.
Normal clothing for a Goliath is bare chested.

Glamered armor and a shiftweave is the solution to all fashion problems.

Keko
2013-09-10, 10:59 AM
Pathfinder Ultimate Combat pag 198-205 :smallsmile:

lytokk
2013-09-10, 11:37 AM
I believe there was something in either unearthed arcana or exhalted deeds about this. If it was in ED, I think it was in referece to the vow of poverty feat and scavenging piece by piece of a set of fullplate armor.