PDA

View Full Version : Undead Warforged and Embedded Components

unseenmage
2013-09-10, 10:55 AM
What happens to Embedded Warforged Components (ECS268) when a Warforged is turned into a Skeleton?

What would happen to an Embedded Warforged Component magic ring if the Create Crawling Claw spell (MoF30) is used?

For that matter, what happens to the Embedded Components when a Warforged is Polymorphed?

I think the Embedded Components become unusable if the creature they're attatched to is no longer a Warforged. But can the still be salvaged?

unseenmage
2013-09-11, 03:00 PM
Additionally, what if one of those embedded components is a construct?

Either a Figurine of Wondrous Power or an Effigy.

thethird
2013-09-11, 03:03 PM
How are you turning a warforged into a skeleton in the first place? :smallconfused:

unseenmage
2013-09-11, 03:23 PM
How are you turning a warforged into a skeleton in the first place? :smallconfused:

Any living creature with a discernible skeletal system. Unless Warforged are "supported by a system of fluid filled bladders" or something.

(Woo! Futurama quote!)

captain fubar
2013-09-11, 04:35 PM
the lore already includes undead warforged called woeforged that where uesd in the last war though no mechanical information is given on this type of undead. so just slaping on almost any sort of undead template using a warforged as a base creature should work fine. though you may want to rename a few of the templates so as not to referance anatomical features that warformed may or may not posses.

PraxisVetli
2013-09-12, 12:00 PM
.....Vampiric Juggernauts?....
:smalleek:

unseenmage
2013-09-12, 12:36 PM
.....Vampiric Juggernauts?....
:smalleek:

And with that I can understand how the Day of Mourning came to pass and why it was decided that that be their last war.

And I have a new BBEG for my Eberron campaign. Thank you.

PraxisVetli
2013-09-16, 02:03 PM
And with that I can understand how the Day of Mourning came to pass and why it was decided that that be their last war.

And I have a new BBEG for my Eberron campaign. Thank you.

May your players ever cry in terror!