PDA

View Full Version : Duskblades in Dragonlance

trodgerable
2013-09-10, 02:15 PM
I'm running a 3.5e Dragonlance game, and one of my players has his heart set on playing a duskblade, but I don't know enough about them to figure out how they would fit into the fluff. Any ideas? Maybe they'd run off the same source of primal energy that sorcerers do, or some variant thereof? I don't want to disappoint him if I can find a way to make it work. The game is set just a bit after the end of the War of Souls.

Greenish
2013-09-10, 02:26 PM
This (http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?9421-Duskblade&?) may help.

Karnith
2013-09-10, 02:41 PM
Duskblades, as spontaneous casters, would naturally draw on the ambient (primal) magic of Krynn, much as sorcerers or bards do. Luckily, since you're playing post-War of Souls (and hence post-Chaos War), that's not at all hard to fit into the game. Unless your player is dead-set on keeping the fluff from the PHBII, just say that he's a sorcerer with martial training and move on.

trodgerable
2013-09-10, 02:55 PM
Both of you guys have been a big help, thank you! Now I just need to worry about running an actual Dragonlance game for the first time ever. I've been such a huge fan of the novels all my life that I'm nervous with excitement.