PDA

View Full Version : to make a LoL character as a D&D character

evyldead
2013-09-10, 11:45 PM
as the title goes, but this time as fiora !!! the master duelist, literally she can 1v1 or 1v5 anyone !! thats bad ass she has a [assive that gives her HP REGEN of 7+her level and stacks up to 4 TIMES !!! and dashing ability that lets her use it TWICE and damages an enemy with each use, and a parry obviously you know what parry is its actual name is riposte though and it gives her bonus attack damage the more you level that sill up, and she has a activate ability that gives her bonus attack speed the more you level it up the more attack speed bonus you get, and last but not least her ultimate she dashes around the battlefield—becoming untargetable in the process—dealing physical damage to random enemy 5 times. Successive hits against the same target deal 25% damage. The first and last attack will be against the same target. Each strike applies on-hit effects. unless first target dies then last hit goes to random enemy. SO who thinks they can help me make her into the world of Dungeons and Dragons?

thethird
2013-09-10, 11:48 PM
Relevant to your interests (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247792)

Consider adding some Daring Outlaw (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188150)

evyldead
2013-09-11, 12:06 AM
no homebrew or gestalt just flat out regular classes, im thinking rogue/ duelist/ swashbuckler?

thethird
2013-09-11, 12:06 AM
Duelist is pretty bad.

I would go with rogue 3 / Swashbuckler 17 then, but that is just a typical daring outlaw build, and since D&D is not focused on balance might not turn as powerful/good as you want it.

evyldead
2013-09-11, 12:11 AM
duelist for the int bonus to AC though thats not that bad either, because fiora doesnt really use armor one of her skins she has a light armor on though

and also DM just said only core books allowed ;/ BUT i am allowed to take ONE prestige class and any feats i need to get into prestige class

Averis Vol
2013-09-11, 12:23 AM
Okay, first of all, she couldn't duel her way out of a wet paper bag without the jungler camping her lane til 30 minutes. Secondly, I don't really see her as a rogue swash, more of a warblade. warblade 1/cloistered cleric 1/warblade +18 This can grant you: a bonus to charge (lunge) +travel devotion, Wall of blades (Parry), burst of speed could be any of the tiger claw additional attacks (she does have a dagger strapped to her spine.....really must be uncomfortable) and time stands still fulfills her ulti.

EDIT: saw the next post. you can't really build a league champ in core. The wide range of abilities they use can't be recreated by "I auto attack"

EDIT EDIT: on second thought, a funny thing occurred to me: a core mundane in dnd is about as effective as fiora is in league. go figure.

Snowbluff
2013-09-11, 12:38 AM
She's a Diamond Mind Warblade. Combat Vigor if you are in dire need to heal yourself. In core, you are pretty boned.

@Mr. Vol: Lol. I have a friend who plays Fiora. She's pretty useless, since she has very little CC.

evyldead
2013-09-11, 12:52 AM
I dominate as her to be honest and i usually top or jungle as her more or less top and late game i wreck everything mostly adc/apc for team to take out rest of them cuz i get focused hard as soon as i jump on adx/apc and kill them

Averis Vol
2013-09-11, 01:04 AM
I dominate as her to be honest and i usually top or jungle as her more or less top and late game i wreck everything mostly adc/apc for team to take out rest of them cuz i get focused hard as soon as i jump on adx/apc and kill them

If a carry stays next to you, or is within your range in the first place, they are probably also near every other member of your team which means he/she was being either arrogant or is just bad with positioning. As Monsieur Snowbluff pointed out, she has no ability to keep you within melee range, even less so with the recent nerfs to Frozen Mallet.

But this is, of course, Entirely off topic. If you had to make fiora I would probably find myself forced to go cleric just so you can even closely simulate any ability she might be able to use (And much much more). at that point the character becomes basically fluff; if they miss you parried their blade, burst of speed could be activating your boots of haste her lunge might as well be a simple charge and a splitting of your iteratives, and blade waltz could be......well I was going to say timestop, but you cannot deal direct damage with it active.

Mystral
2013-09-11, 01:47 AM
I second, third, whatever the notion that fiora is not a duellist, which is a rather defensive class (Fiora is a glass cannon) but rather, a warblade, swordsage or combination thereoff. Her healing is most likely done by vampiric weapon crystals.

Snowbluff
2013-09-11, 08:52 AM
If a carry stays next to you, or is within your range in the first place, they are probably also near every other member of your team which means he/she was being either arrogant or is just bad with positioning. As Monsieur Snowbluff pointed out, she has no ability to keep you within melee range, even less so with the recent nerfs to Frozen Mallet. Yeah, whenever this guy goes Fiora I pretty much grab Lissandra or Kassadin for the slows. :smallsigh:

But this is, of course, Entirely off topic. If you had to make fiora I would probably find myself forced to go cleric just so you can even closely simulate any ability she might be able to use (And much much more). at that point the character becomes basically fluff; if they miss you parried their blade, burst of speed could be activating your boots of haste her lunge might as well be a simple charge and a splitting of your iteratives, and blade waltz could be......well I was going to say timestop, but you cannot deal direct damage with it active.
This should work in core. What Domains? War and one with haste?

Xerlith
2013-09-11, 01:35 PM
Convince your DM that playing Core-only 3.5 is like playing Pong on a PS4.
Then go with this:
Cloistered Cleric1/Ranger (Dungeonscape ACF)1/Fighter2/Crusader1/Trapsmith1/Warblade1/Swiftblade10 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)/Warblade+3

You get the Warblade's maneuvers, of which Sudden Leap (if not using travel devotion) can emulate Fiora's Q, Wall of Blades can imitate her Parry, some later Tiger Claw maneuvers also fit her swift duelist theme.

Cloistered Cleric for Travel Devotion - ability to move up to your speed as a swift action. This gets good with Haste, as it doubles your speed;
Ranger dip for Trapfinding (replaces Track) and Disable Device as a class skill.
Crusader class lets you snatch Martial Spirit stance and Crusader's Strike from the Devoted Spirit school to emulate Fiora's passive (And you may also use the healing on someone else if needed).

Overall:
Warblade initiator level 11th at level 20 so 6th level maneuvers (you may swap one of your maneuvers known for a 6th level maneuver at 20th);

You get 3 levels of spells from a nice list that the Trapsmith has: Stoneskin, Haste (duh), Protection from Energy, Dispel Magic, Arcane Sight and so on.

Swiftblade 3 lets you cast haste as a free action (burst of speed)
The class also grants you a skirmish-lite ability that gives you an additional 1d6 and later 2d6 damage after you move respectively 10ft or 20ft in a round (And gives you a +10ft and later +20ft bonus to your movement. Need I say about the synergy with Travel Devotion? Swift action to move about 80ft, then full attack. Or move another 80ft and initiate a maneuver. Or, beginning at 9th Swiftblade level, move 80ft as a swift action, another 80ft as a move action and initiate two maneuvers, because why the hell not.)
Later SwB levels give you 50% concealment and 50% targeted spell miss chance while under your Haste spell (goodness, I say)
And beginning at 9th Swiftblade level you can make two standard actions while under your haste spell (So, say, two martial maneuvers, yip yip).
Additionally, the Swiftblade gives you free Spring Attack and Bounding Assault feats which help you emulate Fiora's ulti, Blade Waltz.

Topped off with a nice 18 BAB.

BUT
Skillpoint-heavy requirements for Trapsmith. You may need Able Learner to pull it off.

Alternatively:

Crusader1 (Martial Spirit+Crusader's Strike)/Warblade 19 (Time Stands Still for a makeshift Blade Waltz, Raging Mongoose, Sudden Leap, Leading the Attack, Wall of Blades pretty much the whole Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw schools with some Iron Heart sprinkled on them).

More martial, less versatile, a bit less mobile. But simple and still quite fun.

EDIT: Maneuvers worth noting (in both cases):

Warblade
Mithral Tornado - A Whirlwind Attack feat as a maneuver. Refluff it and you have your Blade Waltz (kind of)
Adamantine Hurricane - as above, but twice the number of attacks.
Leading the Charge - a White Raven stance giving you a bonus to damage equal to your Initiator Level (So, her Parry passive. Kinda)
Wall of Blades - Parry's Active ability. You make an attack roll and use it as your AC versus one attack. an immediate action.
Sudden Leap - Make a jump as a swift action. A makeshift Lunge.
Battle Leader's Charge - a full-round charge. Another lunge-esque maneuver.
Bounding Assault - do not confuse with the feat. Double move+attack. Basically a charge in a non-straight line.
Moment of Alacrity - You improve your initiative by 20.
Quicksilver Motion - Make a move action as a swift action. A 7th level maneuver, though.
Avalanche of Blades - The best bet on making a single-target Blade Waltz.
Time Stands Still - You make two full-attack actions one after another. As a full-round action. Good with
Dancing Blade Form - A stance which improves your reach by 5ft for the attacks you make during your turn.

Crusader
Martial Spirit - A stance that lets you heal 2HP each time you hit an enemy.
Crusader's Strike - A maneuver that is basically Cure Light Wounds. Heals 1d6+IL (max +5) after you succesfully hit an enemy.

Averis Vol
2013-09-11, 02:12 PM
This should work in core. What Domains? War and one with haste?

I was thinking the magic domain, just so the OP could use wands and scrolls of haste. if we had more open sources I might suggest divine magician.

Xerlith
2013-09-11, 05:33 PM
Might we know the reason why it's core only and if it may be overcome somehow?
I may be boring by now, but try Bard7/Swiftblade10/Bard+3.
Swiftblade is an official class that's posted online on the WotC webpage (I linked it above). Go with an arcane duelist flavored bard and there you have it.

Just to Browse
2013-09-11, 06:52 PM
Xerlith that's amazing. It kills me that you need to be level 10 to start up in swiftblade, but I'd love to play that build.

evyldead
2013-09-12, 12:04 AM
Convince your DM that playing Core-only 3.5 is like playing Pong on a PS4.
Then go with this:
Cloistered Cleric1/Ranger (Dungeonscape ACF)1/Fighter2/Crusader1/Trapsmith1/Warblade1/Swiftblade10 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327)/Warblade+3

You get the Warblade's maneuvers, of which Sudden Leap (if not using travel devotion) can emulate Fiora's Q, Wall of Blades can imitate her Parry, some later Tiger Claw maneuvers also fit her swift duelist theme.

Cloistered Cleric for Travel Devotion - ability to move up to your speed as a swift action. This gets good with Haste, as it doubles your speed;
Ranger dip for Trapfinding (replaces Track) and Disable Device as a class skill.
Crusader class lets you snatch Martial Spirit stance and Crusader's Strike from the Devoted Spirit school to emulate Fiora's passive (And you may also use the healing on someone else if needed).

Overall:
Warblade initiator level 11th at level 20 so 6th level maneuvers (you may swap one of your maneuvers known for a 6th level maneuver at 20th);

You get 3 levels of spells from a nice list that the Trapsmith has: Stoneskin, Haste (duh), Protection from Energy, Dispel Magic, Arcane Sight and so on.

Swiftblade 3 lets you cast haste as a free action (burst of speed)
The class also grants you a skirmish-lite ability that gives you an additional 1d6 and later 2d6 damage after you move respectively 10ft or 20ft in a round (And gives you a +10ft and later +20ft bonus to your movement. Need I say about the synergy with Travel Devotion? Swift action to move about 80ft, then full attack. Or move another 80ft and initiate a maneuver. Or, beginning at 9th Swiftblade level, move 80ft as a swift action, another 80ft as a move action and initiate two maneuvers, because why the hell not.)
Later SwB levels give you 50% concealment and 50% targeted spell miss chance while under your Haste spell (goodness, I say)
And beginning at 9th Swiftblade level you can make two standard actions while under your haste spell (So, say, two martial maneuvers, yip yip).
Additionally, the Swiftblade gives you free Spring Attack and Bounding Assault feats which help you emulate Fiora's ulti, Blade Waltz.

Topped off with a nice 18 BAB.

BUT
Skillpoint-heavy requirements for Trapsmith. You may need Able Learner to pull it off.

Alternatively:

Crusader1 (Martial Spirit+Crusader's Strike)/Warblade 19 (Time Stands Still for a makeshift Blade Waltz, Raging Mongoose, Sudden Leap, Leading the Attack, Wall of Blades pretty much the whole Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw schools with some Iron Heart sprinkled on them).

More martial, less versatile, a bit less mobile. But simple and still quite fun.

EDIT: Maneuvers worth noting (in both cases):

Warblade
Mithral Tornado - A Whirlwind Attack feat as a maneuver. Refluff it and you have your Blade Waltz (kind of)
Adamantine Hurricane - as above, but twice the number of attacks.
Leading the Charge - a White Raven stance giving you a bonus to damage equal to your Initiator Level (So, her Parry passive. Kinda)
Wall of Blades - Parry's Active ability. You make an attack roll and use it as your AC versus one attack. an immediate action.
Sudden Leap - Make a jump as a swift action. A makeshift Lunge.
Battle Leader's Charge - a full-round charge. Another lunge-esque maneuver.
Bounding Assault - do not confuse with the feat. Double move+attack. Basically a charge in a non-straight line.
Moment of Alacrity - You improve your initiative by 20.
Quicksilver Motion - Make a move action as a swift action. A 7th level maneuver, though.
Avalanche of Blades - The best bet on making a single-target Blade Waltz.
Time Stands Still - You make two full-attack actions one after another. As a full-round action. Good with
Dancing Blade Form - A stance which improves your reach by 5ft for the attacks you make during your turn.

Crusader
Martial Spirit - A stance that lets you heal 2HP each time you hit an enemy.
Crusader's Strike - A maneuver that is basically Cure Light Wounds. Heals 1d6+IL (max +5) after you succesfully hit an enemy.

absolutly amazing im going to see if i can make this build but as of right now only core books(PHB, DMG, MM) and ONE prestige class of my choosing and i can take whatever feats i need to get into that class

Xerlith
2013-09-12, 02:58 AM
Xerlith that's amazing. It kills me that you need to be level 10 to start up in swiftblade, but I'd love to play that build.

But... But in the build... Swiftblade is entered at 8th there :smalltongue:

Actually you can go in as soon as 7th level if you go, say:
CCleric1/Rgr1/Crusader1/Warblade2/Trapsmith1/Swiftblade10/Warblade+4.

And end with a Warblade Initiator level 13, so 7th level maneuvers.

Ah, did I say about the amazing Int synergy? It gives you, apart from Skillpoints, Int mod to Reflex saves, Int mod to crit confirmation, Int mod to your initiative and governs Trapsmith spellcasting.

The only difference is that you lose two Fighter bonus feats which I used for Dodge and Mobility to qualify for Swiftblade. Without fighter you need to, in addition to most probably burning a human bonus feat for Able Learner, burn two of your feats for those. And you want Travel Devotion too.

evyldead
2013-09-12, 06:54 PM
why trapsmith though ?

Snowbluff
2013-09-12, 07:28 PM
why trapsmith though ?

They get haste as a first level spell.:smallwink:

Xerlith
2013-09-13, 05:14 PM
They get haste as a first level spell.:smallwink:

Exactly. It's a good idea for a martially-oriented character like this.
You could also go with something along the lines of CCleric1/Warblade5/Wiz1/AbjChamp4/SwB9, but it gets a lot less mileage and needs more spells to operate properly.

kladams707
2013-09-13, 06:41 PM
Laugh Out Loud character? I'd think a divine prankster would be a good fit.:smalltongue: