PDA

View Full Version : Mithril armor

Martial_law
2013-09-11, 01:36 AM
So I see that armor made of mithril is one category lighter, does that apply to speed penalties as well?

If this is a RAW, I want your opinions so I can make a case to the DM.

Mystral
2013-09-11, 01:43 AM
Of course it applies to speed penalities as well. Speed penalities are dependent on armor type, and as mithral armor changes the armor type, it changes the speed penality as well.

Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialMaterials.htm

It's mithral, btw, don't ask why.

Martial_law
2013-09-11, 01:47 AM
10-4, thanks for the answers

Mystral
2013-09-11, 01:48 AM
What do you mean with "if this is a RAW", by the way? RAW means rules as written (As this is in this case, it is spelled out).

I think you mean RAI (Rules as intended), which would indeed need some case making.

Firechanter
2013-09-11, 04:41 AM
The wording of the mithral rule is totally clear and does not require any interpretation as to how it was intended. A Mithral Breastplate counts as Light Armour (which doesn't impede your speed) and a Mithral Fullplate is a Medium Armour (in which you can run x4).

Furthermore, Bards can cast in M.Breastplate without ASF and Barbarians and Warblades can wear M.FP without buying an extra proficiency. (though they too might still prefer the M.BP for unrestricted movement)