PDA

View Full Version : Disney Infinity or how long before they can add Star Wars to the mix?

Hopeless
2013-09-11, 03:13 AM
Since this was released late last month I've been watching some walkthrough video's on you tube and I couldn't help but notice no threads on this game here.

Now it does seem to be imitating Skylanders but I was wondering whether anyone here has either played it or watched the videos' and what they think about it?

So are you a Captain Jack Sparrow, Sulley or a Mr Incredible player?

And if you bought this did you head for the sidekicks or villains pack afterwards?

erikun
2013-09-11, 10:54 AM
I've seen it in stores, didn't buy it, just watched the in-store demo.

This link (https://infinity.disney.com/game-info) on the official website has a video a short bit down that describes it better. It looks like characters have their own short scenarios, such as an Incredibles "stage" that the different characters from Incredibles can go through, but Sulley (Monsters Inc.) and Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) cannot. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

The other mode is apparently a sandbox mode, where you put together stuff. There might be games there, what with the racing and throwing balls at others seems to indicate, but no way of telling.

Skylanders is apparently more of a Gauntlet Legends style of gameplay, where the game provides a bunch of stages and you can play any characters through any stage you'd like. Infinity gives me more of an impression of Lego City or something similar, where there's a goal for the stage and the characters are trying to accomplish it. I get the impression that Skylanders has more content by default (more stages to play through) while Infinity is trying to generate user content in their sandbox mode.

Hopeless
2013-09-12, 03:00 AM
Given they're releasing the villains for each of those opening three series (and probably more) I'm wondering what happens if I play Syndrome in the Incredibles playset?

A supervillain motif game and I'm up against Mr Incredible?

Then there's those figures that don't come with a playset, at least yet how do they handle them?

Hopeless
2013-09-13, 04:06 AM
They're apparently planning a Jungle Book and possibly Duck Tales release, anyone know who owns the rights to Megamind or Ben 10/Omnitrix, etc?

I wonder if they'll consider animating Sky High?

They're already doing Feneus and Pherb (not sure I spelt that right though!:smallredface:)

Hopeless
2013-09-14, 12:05 PM
So no interest in this?

Anyone heard about the Toys R Us exclusives mentioned on the Inside Infinity podcast?

Mutant Sheep
2013-09-14, 03:31 PM
They're apparently planning a Jungle Book and possibly Duck Tales release, anyone know who owns the rights to Megamind or Ben 10/Omnitrix, etc?

They're already doing Feneus and Pherb (not sure I spelt that right though!:smallredface:)

Megamind was Dreamworks.

Phineas and Ferb.:smallwink::smalltongue:

(I don't think Sky High was enough of a thing to justify them putting effort in putting them into the game.)

Hopeless
2013-09-15, 03:31 AM
Megamind was Dreamworks.

Phineas and Ferb.:smallwink::smalltongue:

(I don't think Sky High was enough of a thing to justify them putting effort in putting them into the game.)

My neighbours son loves that series, me I have to admit to liking the platypus better god help me!:smallamused:

So any Disney property as long its animated is a potential addition to Disney Infinity?

Given Marvel and Star Wars I was kind of hoping any Disney property could be added and Sky High would allow for a lot more hijinx... just imagining how Dash and Violet would cope with a school of supers is just one thought!

Seerow
2013-09-15, 10:43 AM
So any Disney property as long its animated is a potential addition to Disney Infinity?

Pirates of the Caribbean is not animated, and is a part of the launch. I wouldn't rule out any live action movies.

Hopeless
2013-09-16, 03:02 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean is not animated, and is a part of the launch. I wouldn't rule out any live action movies.

Yet...:smallwink:

After all it wasn't that long ago when a successful movie series like Pirates or in my example Ghostbusters would get their own animated series...

I mean if all you have to do is kidify it then explain how they can get away with GI Joe?:smallamused:

Still yah!!!

Seerow
2013-09-16, 06:19 AM
Yet...:smallwink:

After all it wasn't that long ago when a successful movie series like Pirates or in my example Ghostbusters would get their own animated series...

By that logic, Star Wars has already had at least two animated series that I'm aware of, and would still qualify. Just sayin'

Hopeless
2013-09-16, 08:48 AM
By that logic, Star Wars has already had at least two animated series that I'm aware of, and would still qualify. Just sayin'

And Marvel... now if only they could just notice they had an ideal animated series before making Iron Man & Friends... sorry Avengers Assemble.:smallamused:

Hopeless
2013-09-30, 06:18 AM
Bought the Lone Ranger playset this weekend and discovered Tonto kicks a**!!!:smallsmile:

Tried the specific adventure for him could have used more advice like... do not play until you run through the playset!

But still got the bronze medal even if didn't have a clue what i was doing!:smalltongue:

The Lone Ranger was quite good and I recommend running him through the combat mastery simply because he is deadly against omnidroids!:smallwink:

Still its the first playset where you get all the figures involved and once you find the vault for the playset you can then mess about in a wild west toybox... yes a Wild West version of what you start off with.

Is anyone playing around with this game and posts here?