PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Time and Mist

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:16 PM
Far away from town, deep under the earth, there is a long abandoned and ruined hall. This is the Hall of Time and Mist.
Throughout the temple, a moist, dusty mist hangs in the air; it clings to anyone who enters, while almost unheard voices whisper soft words in forgotten languages.
There is an almost palpable feel of time passing, and one feels that should they look behind them, they would see their past. All in all, the place has a somber and serious air that quiets and sobers those in the hall. It is not a place for exuberance and energy, but serious thought and meditation.
[hr]
Vael opens a portal at the end of a long, almost unending hallway. Broken, weathered statues line the hall; statues of warriors, wizards and scholars. No matter what statue it is, the right hand is shown holding an hourglass.
An hourglass that has its bottom filled. As if time had run out.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 06:17 PM
Kyrian steps through after Vael, and looks around.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 06:28 PM
Iames follows Kyrian and Vael and also looks around.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:31 PM
Vael looks around, then nods.
Ignore the door behind us. That way leads to a trapped room, unless I recall incorrectly.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE COME.
Ayral's voice rings through the minds of everyone present.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 06:32 PM
Aerin comes in behind the other three. Since Kira isn't here to do it, I guess I'll have to. Nice interior decor.

As she heres the voice, she raises her sword and arm in her modified version of the Stance of the Four Winds.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 06:38 PM
Iames also drops into the Stance and looks around for the source of the voice.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:40 PM
((Ok, so Kyrian dropped out to get food. He can go into a coma))
Vael shakes his head and starts walking down the hallway.
He's all bluff and bluster. Its his last defense.
You are walking into a trap... walking towards your doom, Vael... your life will be torn asunder and scattered through the voids...

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 06:42 PM
Kyrian follows Vael.

Wukei
2006-12-23, 06:44 PM
(Hey, Vael...stop stealing stuff from the Labyrinth ^.~)

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:46 PM
((Ok, scratch that. Kyrian is back, and Iames gets to drop into a coma.
The plot waits for no one!))
((Eh? Whats that, Wukei? :smallconfused:))
Bluff and bluster... if only that were true. If only I were lying to you, Vael.
If I am correct, he should be at the end of the hall. Its a ways away though.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 06:49 PM
Kyrian nods.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:52 PM
And so you do not believe... all is as it was predicted so long ago... your end is so near... so close, Vael. You can't even imagine it.
Vael clenches his teeth and keeps going. A far way away, a massive door is in sight.
The mist begins to twirl and writhe oddly.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 06:53 PM
Kyrian keeps going, his hands staying close to his Colts.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:55 PM
There is a sudden shriek, and a human form leaps out of the mist. It appears entirely made of mist, or is simply covered in it. It leaps towards Vael, who flicks out his shimmering shortsword and easily impales it. He steps back in horror and disgust as he sees something about it.
Another one leaps at Kyrian.
How like pawns we are... our futures, predestined... we each play out the parts fate has written for us...

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 06:58 PM
Light!

Kyrian quick draws both Colt .45s and fires, two bullets that seem made out of light heading for the attacker.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 06:59 PM
The misty form falls at his feat, dead. As it stills on the ground, Kyrian can see its features. It looks exactly like Lillah.
Vael snarls and keeps walking down the hall.
There is nothing either of us can do...

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:02 PM
Oh this bastard will pay...

Kyrian holsters one of the guns, and draws Renegade with his now free hand. He follows Vael, allowing the blade to scrape softly across the floor.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:04 PM
Somehow they reach the massive doors far swifter than they should. Vael narrows his eyes and stands back from them.
You must stop, Vael. Come no closer!
There is usually some kind of ward on the door... but I think one of us can break it. I'm not skilled at dispelling though.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:05 PM
Allow me to try...
Kyrian growls and casts Dispel Magic, Dispel Psionics, and just in case, Dispel "No, you can't get past my magic/psionics"

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:11 PM
The first two don't work, but the last one simply blows the door up.
Somewhere far in the distance, the evil plot monster starts crying.
Vael walks inside. It is a massive, circular room. The mist coils thickly around the outer edges of the room, but the center is mostly clear.
Inevitable... the wheel of fate demands it...
Vael moves to the center of the room.
Where are you, Ayral?

phoenixineohp
2006-12-23, 07:13 PM
and just in case, Dispel "No, you can't get past my magic/psionics"

((I feel for your DM. :smallwink: ))

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:15 PM
((*Rolls on floor, laughing so hard that I'm crying*))

Kyrian follows Vael, keeping both weapons readied.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:20 PM
Here, Vael.
A misty, distorted figure (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/cpsi_gallery/96388.jpg) steps out of the shadows.
Vael draws his sword and summons power into his hand.
Then now the hunt ends.
This wasn't a hunt, Vael. We have met here because we were compelled to- we have ALWAYS met here.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:23 PM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow, and draws back the hammer of the Colt.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:26 PM
I pity you, Vael.
ENOUGH OF THIS!
Vael hurls a spinning whirlwind of force at Ayral.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:30 PM
Light!

Kyrian aims at Ayral and pulls the trigger three times, before dropping back and readying Renegade.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:35 PM
Ayral's already unclear form blurs as he shifts out of the the way of the tempest, and then he dodges under two of Kyrian's bullets, while another simply passes through his nearly non-existant form.
Are you that eager? Very well. If this will make you see reason!
Ayral screams in a strange, howling, whining shriek. The entire chamber bursts into a riot of deadly, sonic energy.

As normal, a crackling shield of energy forms around Vael, but apparently a little of the sonic energy gets through anyways. He grits his teeth and fires two acid and force missiles at Ayral.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:37 PM
Kyrian growls and stumbles slightly, sonic being his least favorite energy to play with. A fire consumes his eyes and they turn pitch black, as he holsters his gun and summons a ball of fire in his left hand.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:40 PM
Ayral dodges one missile, but the other bursts on him. He hisses in an odd echo and then he seems to gain a flickering, yet almost real shadow. He prepares himself for their next attacks.

Vael sends a jet of entwined fire and ice at Ayral.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 07:45 PM
Kyrian chucks the now larger ball of fire at Ayral.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 07:50 PM
Ayral is suddenly absorbed into shadow, and the fire is negated in a massive burst of light. The ice only minorly hurts him. He snarls and flings a shard of crystal at Kyrian, while the odd shadow behind him suddenly splits slightly away and launches an explosive ball of flames at Vael.

Vael jumps to avoid the flames, but is singed. He growls and manifests another tempest of force around Ayral, also aiding it with a storm of tiny, glittering cystals.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 08:06 PM
Kyrian growls and a small whirlwind begins to circle around him. It doesn't quite manifest in time to stop the shard, but it does change the course. The shard impales Kyrian in his shoulder and he roars, throwing a large ball of ice at Ayral.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 08:13 PM
Ayral shrieks as the storm tears through him, but the crystals have no effect. The ball of frost numbs his entire arm and freezes it solid. He raises his other arm and jumps through dimension in front of Vael and tries to drain his power.

Vael swings his sword as Ayral jumps to him, trying to slash his chest.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 08:16 PM
Kyrian throws another ball of ice.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 08:23 PM
Ayral's arm gets struck again by Kyrian's ball of ice, then Vael's sword slices through the ice and he howls and teleports back.
Its destiny...
((Commence waiting for Iames))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:02 PM
out of the portal walks the Mind Hunter. seeing an encounter but not knowing what was happening, he uses one of his Ioun Stones to help stay inconspicuous (bonus to hide).

he forms his mind-katana, just to be safe.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:05 PM
Gwen steps through and looks around curiously

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:05 PM
Ayral shoots two, warped blasts of pure psionic energy at Vael, who staggers back a little, then blurs towards him and slashes at the assassin three times.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:07 PM
MH walks down the length of the hallway, attracted to the feeling of powerful minds. unlike an illithid that must eat the physical brain, MH receives much of his nutriens from the vvery brainwaves produced by every living thing with brainmatter; he, in effect, is in a state of feasting around other psionics.

MH sees one of his targets. before he attacks, he remembers what the OOE had decided on.

he looks around for something else he could fight; it has been far too long since his last killing.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:08 PM
Gwen runs down the hall, drawing her scimitar as she runs towards the sound of a fight.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:10 PM
hearing Gwen behind him, MH moves out of the way and lets her past

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:11 PM
Ayral snarls and grabs Vael's swords arm as he completes the last stroke, then slams a cold, incorporeal fist to his forehead, draining his power a little.

Vael brings his sword up to slice Ayral's arm.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:16 PM
As Gwen runs in she activates the shocking burst capability of her scimitar and goes over to join Vael. She swings at Ayral.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:17 PM
MH, respecting prophecies, decides that perhaps he should help Vael live long enough for the Masters to kill him. sighing at the complications of mortals, he makes himself visible and steps into the circular room.

vael, do you require assistance?

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:21 PM
Ayral's arm is cut through, and then Gwen slices him across the chest. He shrieks and his energy writhes and reforms his limbs.
You almost... have killed me...
But this is not how it ends...
He lunges for Vael, his hand outstretched.
Vael lifts his sword in time, impaling Ayral on it.
No, Ayral, this is how it ends.
Ayral laughs a little, coughing up ghostly blood.
You walked right into this trap.
I fear no trap of your making, Ayral.
This is not my trap, Vael.

Ireth
2006-12-23, 09:23 PM
ireth scrabbles through the portal, and down the hall. he sees the mindhunter first, and becomes worried. he climbsw to the ceiling and comes forward a bit more, and sees vael, ayral, and gwen locked in combat.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:23 PM
Gwen strikes towards Ayral's spine.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:27 PM
MH, tapping into his minds powers to try and understand what is happening, sences a familiar mind behind him. he doesnt react, but prepares himself mentally to attack Ireth.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:28 PM
Its your trap, Vael.
Just before Gwen's attack severs his spine, Ayral snatches the lens off of Vael's forehead and throws it behind him. Vael slides his sword up and through the rest of his chest.
Then it is over.
Is it, Blashphemer?
The Masters have appeared, and they pick up the Third Eye.
I think it has just begun.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:31 PM
Gwen's scimitar slides free of the entrails as she hears another voice. She whirls to see who it is as she brings her scimitar back up for an attack.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:32 PM
Masters? good to see you. whats the plan? might i add that there are three of them, but one is hidding right now.

Ireth
2006-12-23, 09:35 PM
ireth, hearing the refrence to the 'one in hiding' realizes that somehow, someway he was discovered. trying to save his sorry thorax, he uses web to hang in the middle of the doorway

listen to 'im, masters! see 'ow quickly 'e switches sides!! didnt you 'ear 'im offer 'elp t' vael not moments ago? it is i who am offerin' 'elp to kill Mind 'Unter!
((bluff, bluff, bluff))

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:36 PM
The Masters crush the third eye in their hand, and suddenly is transfigured into a being of pure energy.
Its been a while, Vael. But this time I will win. For the safety of my realm, you cannot be allowed to live.
He summons a sword of energy into his hand.
Come, Blashpemer. Strike me! You did not hesitate before!
The Masters do not seem to notice anyone other than Vael.
Vael closes his eyes and slips a small crystal out of his bracer, then presses it into his arm.
I'm sorry for this, Dios.
He slips something small off of his belt and into his hand.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:39 PM
MindHunter glares at Ireth and shouts
it is you who has been reporting to the kender what information you have discovered about me, not I!!!

he stomps the floor (like avatar: tLAB) and his floating black mind-sword breaks into five swords with a snap, and he pushes them forward with his mind and arms towards Ireth. they fly at him at incredible speed.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:41 PM
Gwen casts Greater Whirlwind to surround the Masters

Ireth
2006-12-23, 09:43 PM
Ireth swings from the web and avoids the swords. he spins in the air (yes, all large-size-catagory of him) and lands in a croutch, glaring at MH

bring it, long-shanks!

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 09:45 PM
Kyrian's eyes snap open. Hey Masters, remember me?

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:46 PM
We are Dios, no longer the masters.
The wind whips Dios's energy around. A little seems to stream away from him, but otherwise it is fine.
Dios raises a hand.
We are not on my plane this time, Vael.
Ten bolts of force fling themselves at Vael, but are met by Vael's suddenly increased shields.
No we are not.
He holds up his hand, revealing a small, black charm.
But you are no god to me!
Vael snaps the charm in half, a crackling stream of black energy engulfs Dios. He shrieks, and his form is visibly lessened.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:46 PM
Ireth apparently didnt know that he was left open. or he didnt understand how the soulknife class feature: returning weapon worked. either way, he didnt expect Mind Hunter to have the psionic-manifested katana to be in his hands again. nor did he expect it to slice down at his torso, attempting to seperate the elfe from the spider.

its been broughten, spider-man!

Ireth
2006-12-23, 09:48 PM
ireth leaps, and tries to block with his legs by reflex. two of them on his left side are sliced off of his body.

AAAARGH!

he falls to the ground in a pool of green ooze, presumibly his blood.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 09:49 PM
Dios, Masters, makes no difference to me. Darkness!

Kyrian spins to face Dios, dropping Renegade as both Colts appear in his hands. He fires four dark bullets at Dios.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 09:51 PM
Gwen quickly pulls a Javelin and throws it at Masters (shocking burst and thundering) and then casts Storm of Elemental Fury over Masters, confining it to the Masters spot.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 09:51 PM
Mind Hunters grins as the drider falls

now, if you will excuse me, i have an evil ally to aid.

he leaps at kyrian, lunging with his black katana thrust forward

TSURUGI SEN!

((kyrian-he is a soulknife who uses his weapon in the color of smokey black and shape, that of a katana. he also has many a protective ioun stones floating around his head))

Ireth
2006-12-23, 09:55 PM
ireth throws up in his own blood. the pain has awoken something deep inside of himself. the natural instincts of the drider, dormant for so many weeks, has risen again.

he grabs his own legs and holds them to the wounds. his fast healing causes them to be reattatched. the drider then looks around for the nearest supply of food.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 09:56 PM
Dios fires four rays of light which incinerate the bullets, and then creates a shield of adamanite in front of him to block the javelin. The storm of energy rages over him for a moment before he focuses his avatar of Energy to concentrate and negate its affects.
He sends a jet of sonic energy at Vael, then runs with supernatural speed at Kyrian, striking at him with a hand charged with temporal disjuncting energies.
((Summary, Energy is out of the match, dealing with the energy storm until it is gone. Vael got shot by a bolt of sonic, Kyrian is taking typless damage if he gets hit as some of his body is simply removed from time))

Vael's energy shield crackle and then snap under the strain of so much sonic energy. He growls and fires three bolts of acid at Dios.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:00 PM
Kyrian watches Mind Hunter and at the last second, spins one of his guns across the katana (http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPR8bBmUYlg), changing it's course. (The part I'm talking about is about 2:50 into the video)

He then roars as his left arm, and gun, are removed from time, and sends a right hook, complete with gun still in hand, at Dios.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:00 PM
Gwen casts Wall of Sand around the Masters, concentrating to keep it around him.

Ireth
2006-12-23, 10:01 PM
the drider, adhering to instinct, clims to the ceiling. it attatches itself a web and looks, smells for a victim.

it smells a strange smell, that of pure energy. it smells a sayin, too charcheg to be a meal yet; perhaps after its weakened. it smells the thing that hurt it, too dangerous. it smells someone who is wounded, but the energy seems to be involved with it.

leaving the smell of a woman.

it prepares itself to drop down on its next meal

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:03 PM
((just remember there are a few javelins in a holder on her back, points up))

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:07 PM
Dios throws up a wall of stone which is instantly consumed by Vael's acid, leaving him defensless as Kyrian slugs him in the face. He falls to the ground and reopens his eyes just in time to get hit by Gwen's swirling sand. He leaps to his feet and fires three laser like rays at Kyrian, while he sends another bolt of sonic energy at Vael..

Vael's shields remanifest just in time to catch the bolt, and he smirks and slips another black charm off of his belt.
Still think you are a god?
He breaks it, and Kyrian, being attuned to deific power, can feel Dios's weakened divine power suddenly snapped and negated.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:08 PM
Gwen casts Storm of Vengeance over the Masters, still concentrating to keep it over the Masters.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:10 PM
As Dios' power is weakened, Kyrian's left arm fades in and out of existence. Finally, his left arm realizes it does exist in this time and Kyrian holds his arms out, one aimed at Dios, the other at Ireth. He pulls both triggers twice.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:10 PM
as Kyrian swings at the other enemy, MH uses the momentum started by kyrinas block to spin full-bodied, attampting a horizontal slice at kyrian. ((this happened while you are shooting. no way you can block this!))

he simultaniously uses one of his ioun stones to try and make kyrian sickened. fortitude save against a mind-attack ment to weaken the body and make you puke your guts out!

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:13 PM
Dios screams as the storm hits him, then concentrates and removes it from time, removing another of his minds from the battle as it focuses on negating the storm.
He shoots a solid ray of sound and light at Kyrian's bullet, annihlating it while the jet continues towards Kyrian.

Vael shouts and glows, then flings five, psyhic shards of crystal at Dios.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:14 PM
Lord Magtok and ESARS exit the portal, to hear the mess of a battle going on in the distance.
ESARS charges toward the source, while Magtok follows in the darkness.

Ireth
2006-12-23, 10:15 PM
the drider begins its decent towards gwen on its thread. as kyrian shoots at where it once was, the thread is snapped.

ireth falls towards gwen, screaming his hatred towards the whole human race. he lands with a thud, impailed on her javelines but also weighing her down due to being a large-size catagory creature. his eyes revert back to normal long enough for him to look at gwen, his long-time crush of the town.

ironic... that me first sight in th' town was you... an' it'll be me last, as well....... sorry i almost ate ye.....

g'bye....

the drider sags as ireths soul excapes the horrid shell.

any bullets that hit the drider after it falls ((i was simu-posted by you)) thud harmelss into the corpse, but do not manage to get through to gwen.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:15 PM
((Um...Magtok, there's a long ass hallway first. Takes about a round to get through, at least))

Kyrian makes his save and ducks the sword, stumbling closer to MH as the rays hit him. He pulls the triggers to his guns as he aims at MH's face.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:16 PM
Gwen staggers under the weight of the drider and tries to free the shoulder straps of the javelin's and pack he's impaled on and her concentration breaks. She swears under her breath as she drops the scimitar to get the pack off.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:19 PM
((Okay made an edit, Kyrian.))
The android finally reaches the scene and examines the drider corpse.
ESARS to MindHunter What is the situation?

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:20 PM
MH grins as the bullets are blocked by the ioun stones that throw themselves into the path of the bullets automaticly.

two can play at that game, fool

oh, good. reinforcements.
masters is taking the prophetical bull by the horns and taking out vael. no sign of the kender,, but i just felt the spies' lifeforce depleating. oh, and this upshot with the guns and some druid are allying themselves with our target. can i have some help here? lets leave vael and masters to themselves.

he leaps back about ten feet and waits, sword raised in a specific stance. his one visible eye (you can presume there is a second one hidden under the rags wrapped around him) glows with psionic power.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:22 PM
Dios grins as the storm breaks, but then a shard of crystal shoots through his shoulder, and another goes through his hand. He turns in time to get another through the side. The fourth he turns aside with a small adamantine shield, and then he removes the fifth from existance. He then launches a bolt of light and sound at Vael.

Vael's shield turns aside the sonic energy, but the ligth energy fries his flesh as he counter attacks and simply tries to fry out Dios's mind.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:24 PM
Gwen finally gets the stupid javelin pack off (with drider) and casts Storm Rage, firing a lightning bolt directly at Dios. She picks up her scimitar.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:25 PM
Kyrian growls and kicks MH.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:26 PM
Magtok raises a hand, while hidden in the darkness.
Kyrian foot is pushed further up then he intended his foot to go with the kick (if the move is successful), and he flips backwards unless he can make a save.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:29 PM
Iames suddenly emerges from his player's brother-induced trance. I cannot wait until my player gets back to college and doesn't have to share his computer anymore. What's going on?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:30 PM
Aerin emerges from her trance at the same time as Iames. What he said.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:30 PM
The android looks at Iames.
You are the one who captured my predecessor? Congratulations.
The situation is Kyrian and the others have betrayed a drider and mercilessly slain it.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:31 PM
MindHunter takes this moment to lunge at Kyrian. the kick connects with his forward leg, throwing him off balance. the lunge continues, the momentum sending him past kyrian. but at the end he skids on the floor face-first

as he flies past kyrian, he shouts out his intended move and thrusts three times: once when he was in front of kyrian, once when he was next to kyrian, and once when he was behind. because he was falling, the final one definatly missed

TSURUGI SEN!NO!SEN!

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:34 PM
Dios's lets the Master of Sound take the full force of Vael's attack, killing that aspect instantly. He raises a barrier of temporal distortion to remove Gwen's lightning bolt, then throws a ball of light at Vael.

Vael expends the rest of his shield to negate the light, then rushes Dios, slashing with his sword and assualting him with his mind all at once.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:36 PM
Well, then. Let's see how you measure up. Iames flings a powerful stroke of electricity at ESARS2.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:36 PM
The lightning merely bounces off.
You call yourself an officer of good?
What have I done to warrant that attack?

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:37 PM
Gwen moves forward to flank Dios and slashes with her scimitar.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:38 PM
Kyrian leaps up, and takes to the sky, throwing a fire ball, and a ball of ice at MH.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:38 PM
Aerin slashes at MindHunter with her sword.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:40 PM
Magtok appears from the darkness.
Indeed, officer. Why did you assault the android? Trust me, the first model was a mistake. An accident. This one has done nothing against you.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:42 PM
Mindhunter's ioun stones connect and create an energy feild to protect them from kyrians attacks. seeing aerin too late, he tries to akwardly blocks. her sword slashes deep into his shoulder. no blood emerges, but he is clearly in pain.

MASTERS! they have reinforcements! either finish him up or lets go! we cant hold them forever!!!

he rolls to his feet, ready to face Kyrian and Aerinat once. he assumes the same sword-stance as before.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:43 PM
Iames rolls his eyes. Please. If you're anything like your predecessor, you know full well that imprisonment won't deter you from breaking the law at all. I had to beat your predecessor into scrap with my bare hands. Admittedly, that was after he tried to kill my cleric for the second time and torch my temple. Iames darts forward, aiming a powerful kick at the android's head.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:44 PM
Dios is blocks Vael's first attack, then dodges under Gwen's attack. However, the Master of Light falls under Vael's mental assualt.
Before Dios can respond, Vael assualts him again, faster than the eye can track. Dios falls to the ground.
Betrayed...
Vael runs him through with his sword.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:45 PM
Aerin fires a blast of silver fire at MH. ((ignores resistance and immunity to fire, but otherwise quite burninating.))

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:46 PM
Kyrian dives down into the silver fire and slices at MH with godly speed.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:48 PM
mindhunter leaps back. his stance is entirely defencive-he cannot attack, but he is ready to block or get out of harms way. he is temporarily dazzled from the silverfire, and closes his eye. therefor, he doesnt see Dios become slaughtered and is ready to keep going.

(simu'd, and edited) he feels the breeze of the sword and sences the mind of the sayin come down, attacking where he once was

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:48 PM
Gwen watches Dios, wanting to make sure he's dead, before she glances around.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:49 PM
(Unless the kick is magical, divine, or special in some other way, Iames can only hurt his own foot by kicking ESARS.)
ESARS grabs the foot.
I am very much fifferent from my weak, psychotic brother. Remember, this is only in self-defense.
ESARS grabs at Iames's foot, and attempts to twist it until the bones snap like a twig.

Meanwhile, Magtok raises a hand, and Mind Hunter is pulled next to him, where it is safer.
Why do you choose to attack this thing? What actions of it have caused you to turn to deadly force?

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:51 PM
Vael looks around and realizes that the fight is still going on.
We need to end this. Quickly.
He kneels and places a crystal on Dios's forehead, then wrenches Ayral's power from his battered, incorporeal corpse into the crystal as well.

gegiet
2006-12-23, 10:51 PM
Iria appers through the portal and runs up to the fight. What exactly is happening?

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:52 PM
Gwen watches Vael

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 10:53 PM
Kyrian grins as he sees all three enemies bunched together. He throws two large fireballs and three bolts of lightning.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:53 PM
Magtok raises his hand again, and Mind Hunter is yanked far down the tunnel, by the portal's exit point.
You may continue your battle when you have sufficiently justified it.

(Kyrian, if Magtok was one of those three enemies, the fire and/or lightning seem to dissipate 2 inches away from his face.)

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:55 PM
((Iames happens to be an incredibly powerful deity, so yes, the kick is divine. And magical.))

Iames's bones do indeed snap like twigs. They promptly heal back to normal. Iames schisms, fires a pair of disintegration rays at ESARS, and wrenches his foot free from ESARS' grasp.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 10:55 PM
Vael closes his eyes.
I can overcome this.
He absorbs the power from the crystal and shudders as the energies flow through him. He smiles suddenly.
Perfect.
Then his smile melts off his face and he looks confused, then he grins wider.
All as I planned.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 10:57 PM
Aerin pursues and attacks MH with a flurry of sword strokes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 10:57 PM
ESARS seems to be annihilated by the disintegration blasts.
((Key word: Seems))

((Aerin, MH was moved away from everybody.))

Lord Magtok approaches the start of the tunnel where MH is.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 10:59 PM
As you planned? as Gwen watches his expression change.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 10:59 PM
((what? when were we bunched together?))

between matog and the force of the explosions, MH is hurtled down the hallway for no apparent reason. he tucks and rolls, landing in a croutch.

what the zark just happened!?!?! oh. i can see now. and.... masters seems defeated. curses!

he moves like a bender from the tv show Avater, summoning his sword, dividing it into five, and sending them flying into the room at random. between the xplosions and the movement, he has no way to aim and just hopes his teammates have the sence to move.

((all up to you guys where the five of them land. remember, they are mind-swords and will disapear at the end of this turn))

((edit- want a good, honest sword-duel aerin? i was moved and replied based on that, but coem down to the hallway out of the confusion. we can sword it up there!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:02 PM
((Edited))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 11:03 PM
MAgtok dodges by stepping to the wall of the tunnel, seeing as he saw it coming when he moved towards MH.
ESARS 2's scattered parts vibrate for a second, and then fly towards Magtok.
They rebuild themselves on the way there.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:03 PM
Yes. All as I planned. All of it. From the moment I set foot here in town, I was planning towards this moment. This final, last act that gained me the powers of the council, Dios, and his avatars.
He smirks.
I think I'll take your power too... one never can have enough.
Vael raises a hand and sends a massive jet of force at Gwen, barely not enough to kill her.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:05 PM
Kyrian turns and rushes Vael, attempting to headbutt him in the gut.

gegiet
one of the swords strikes Iria in the back. Iria turns around and looks at MH.
Oww...you want a fight? Iria says as her eyes start to glow with psionic energy.

Lord Iames Osari
Both his feet back under him, Iames surveys the situation more fully.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 11:06 PM
She drops her scimitar as she falls to her knees, trying to get one last lightning bolt out.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:07 PM
((k, nevermind.))
Aerin pursues MH, chanting incantations as she goes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 11:07 PM
Was going to save this for later, but...
Magtok raises his right hand, places it against the wall where the portal once was, and rebuilds it.
He gestures to MH to follow, and the android leaves.
By the way, officer? I'm going to press charges for property damage.
Magtok leaves.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:09 PM
Vael smirks and simply warps out of Kyrian's way, adjusting time with the power of the Masters.
Pitiful god.
He channels energy into Gwen's mind in an attempt to slay her outright.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:10 PM
Damn you, Vael! All of this has been a lie? Iames roars.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 11:10 PM
without his swords in hand, MH had no choice but to defend himself with his arms and ioun stones. a few miss, a few hit, and his arms and chest are sliced up. as before, there is no blood, but the hit most certainly caused some damage.

swords coming back, he resumes his stance with the sword parallel to the ground, held up at eye-level with the point directed towards her chest.

hello. i think i found a worhty duelist. i am mindhunter,, weilder of the Soul Katana, master of the Tsurugi style.

he may be evil, and hideous looking, but he loves introducing himself. after his sentance, he lunges with his sword-point, a powerful hit (if it lands)

((edit-AAAAH! i type too much!! sorry, aerin.))

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:11 PM
Iames, a little help here.

Kyrian unloads what would be about ten clips worth of bullets at Vael.

wxdruid
2006-12-23, 11:12 PM
Gwen puts her hands up to her head, as she tries to cast a heal spell and fails as Vael channels far to much energy into her mind for her to handle. She falls over as her mind is blasted. She doesn't move or breathe.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:14 PM
Vael laughs and stops half of the bullets and dodges the rest.
A lie? No, that is the beauty of it. Until now, I did not know my plan. Once I was united with Masters, I remembered everything... all my past, including my plans for this moment.
He sends a wave of energy and force at Iames and Kyrian.
All of this has been orchestrated. I've been playing you all like pawns...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:16 PM
Aerin dodges the thrust. I am Dame Aerin Hitomi, Soulfire Knight, servant of the Goddess Vala. She drops into her modifed Stance of the Four Winds - feet wide apart, sword held in right hand horizontally at chest level, left arm held in a blade-hand forming a cross with the sword blade - and casts detect evil.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-23, 11:17 PM
((Another one bites the dust... another one down, another one down....))

Sophistemon
2006-12-23, 11:17 PM
A voice enters the Hall of Time and Mist; a voice familiar to all that have visited his shop. It echoes eerily.

"Vael," it pleads. "Stop this. These people are your friends, your allies. Comrades in arms."

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:18 PM
Kyrian stumbles back slightly, and growls. Gwen's scimitar slides across the floor and up into his hand, and he quickly sheathes it. He holsters his left handed gun, and draws Renegade, holding the hilt of the sword next to his other Colt.

Lord Magtok
The portal Magtok made shuts closed.
Apparently it came with a time limit. However, the portal's former location has an image of MindHunter.
To MindHunter: You can still get out if you have to. This ends at the time of your choice.

gegiet
Iria looks around confused at everything going on trying to get her head around things. Ruia helps Iria alot with this but she still is confused.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 11:21 PM
iames grins an evil grin. his evil red eye peers at her in an evil manner, imagining all of the evil ways that he could evilly slice her. by the way, he reeks of evil. and his evil rags smell of evil dirt. and his evil mind thinks evil thoughts.

he moves, turning his thrust into a horizontal slice with a twist of his body.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:21 PM
Iames is livid, but manages to keep the Dark from emerging - just.
I invoke the Name and the Power of the ONE,
The Creator of All, God and mortal alike.
Be Thou stripped of Thy divinity, <VAEL SOLUS>!

With those words, Iames points dramatically at Vael.

((The <Vael Solus> is not really what Iames says, though it imparts that sense to all listeners. What it really is, is a description in the Words of Creation of exactly what Vael is.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:26 PM
Aerin moves her sword to deflect the blow, then brings her blade back across in a powerful slash aimed at MindHunter. By Vala's power, be you destroyed! ((Smite evil))

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:26 PM
Vael's eyes suddenly shift colors to amber, and he grins.
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, Iames. I am not a god. I simply have Dios's powers.
His eyes glow red again.
But you're welcome to have them.
He blasts the area around Iames with a howl of sonic energy, a bright flash of light, a burst of fire, shards of crystal, and disrupts his being in the state of time.
While he does this with the power of the Masters, he also fires a jet of force at Kyrian, and then two standard bursts of sonic energy.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:29 PM
Kyrian jumps aside of the attacks, as both the Colt and Renegade begin to glow.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 11:35 PM
the sword ricoche'ed off of hers and sliced into the floor. her Smite Evil attack, therefore, caught him square on his exposed right shoulder and sliced across his torso.

he screams, but the lack of blood is rather unsettling. his mind-sword disappears, and his right arm hangs limp.

damn you! if i didnt already have the kender as an arch-nemesis, i would swear death to you. but as is,, i must leave in hopes of killing my rival-

as he looks at the portal, hoping to dash out of it, the kender steps in.

HI EVERY...one.....

YOU!

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:37 PM
The sonic energy bursts Iames's eardrums, and blood flows from his ears. The light sears his flesh, the fire rages around him, the shards of crystal slice and pierce his body, and the time disruption, well, disrupts him.

When the attack is over, Iames's eyes become brilliant violet stars, and his wounds heal. Still a mortal, then, Vael? Very well. I don't look forward to having to tell this to Seren, but I will do what I must. His finger does not waver as he continues to point at Vael and wills his friend to die 22 times in the space of an instant, each time carrying the full weight of power Iames is capable of applying. Tears begin to trickle trickle down his face. I'm sorry.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:40 PM
Aerin leaps back to allow the kender a clear shot.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:40 PM
Vael reacts before Iames even begins, putting himself a time alteration that is simply out of the timestream that Iames affected.
That won't work-
He smiles triumphantly for a moment, then bursts into sudden flames. He growls and tries to resist, but after a moment He turns completely into Fenix.
No... I've... I can't believe it...

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:42 PM
Kyrian pulls his new gunsword (I'm so going to hell for all that I've ripped) and aims at Vael/Fenix, but keeps his finger off the trigger.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 11:44 PM
Magtok to MH: Consider this payback for stealing my chance to kill the drider.
A force from nowhere seems to be trying to make the kender's body smash into a wall with an extremely strong, violent force.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 11:44 PM
the kender summons as much divine power as it can gather in an instant, and blasts light out of its mouth at MindHunter. he didnt stand a chance. there was nothing left of him, and the light disipates. the kender collapses, unused to channeling so much power at once

MindHunter, having thought fast, used his Ioun Stone of Speed to allow him a single 20-foot step that led him right next to the portal. as the kender's blast disipates, he steps throug. he hopes the kender assumes his demise.

the kender is then tossed to the side by the force of Magtok, adding pain to exhaustion

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:47 PM
Iames growls as he realizes what happened, though unaware that Fenix has emerged. You forget, Vael. There is passion everywhere... and everywhen. He extends his presence to all timestreams, following the trails of passionate emotion that are his domain. He sees that Vael has become Fenix - or, at least, so it seems - and halts his attack. Fenix? Can you control Vael? He possesses the power of a God now.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:48 PM
Aerin dashes over to the Kender and casts a healing spell.

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:49 PM
I have the power he has, Iames. But still I have failed...
But it is not yet over. I can see one way Vael might yet be redeemed.
Fenix shudders and closes his eyes.

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:50 PM
Still aiming at Fenix, but keeping his finger from the trigger, Kyrian starts moving towards Gwen's body.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:52 PM
Iames watches, prepared to grant Fenix the opportunity to try whatever might bring Vael back to redemption, but equally prepared to resume the attack should Fenix fail.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 11:52 PM
the kender is then tossed to the side by the force of Magtok, adding pain to exhaustion

The kender is then sent towards the opposite wall, and then to the original wall, and the process will repeat itself until someone takes action to stop it.
If Aerin is in the way, she might be tripped by the kender.

You dared to disrespect me, you dared to rise against me with your friends, you dared to aid Destro in his cowardly flee. It ends here, little one.

With each time he 'says' "dared' the kender is slammed against a wall for emphasis.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-23, 11:54 PM
the kender, due to the heal, isnt taking any substantial damage. however, it is being tossed around. the kenders reply to this is

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ow. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ow. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ow.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-23, 11:54 PM
A faint voice can be heard that grows stronger.
"Fenix.Fenix.FENIX!"

A surge of power flows through the air. The area around Fenix seems to get warmer. A voice filled with intense emotion can be heard around him.
"Fenix! No matter if Vael wins or loses, if you think you have failed or not, please, come back to me! I don't want to lose you!"

AmberVael
2006-12-23, 11:56 PM
Fenix reopens his eyes.
Phoenix... I will come back for you. This is not all it seems.
In one swift movement, Fenix draws his katana and runs it through his own heart. He seems stunned for a moment, then falls to the ground.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:56 PM
Aerin grabs onto the kender (flying up to his altitude if necessary) and begins to be pulled along. She shifts onto the ethereal plane, hoping to remove them both from whatever force is propelling them. There, she casts a healing spell.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-23, 11:57 PM
Iames stands watching solemnly, fighting the impulse to rush over and heal Fenix.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-23, 11:58 PM
The invisible force is gone.
Very well. I will slay you in person, then. Goodbye, small one.
((Really.Goodbye. I gotta go.))

Kyrian
2006-12-23, 11:58 PM
Kyrian slowly lowers the gunblade. He looks back to Iames, unsure of what to say.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:00 AM
Iames watches the body and waits for something to happen.

gegiet
2006-12-24, 12:00 AM
Iria thinks she understands what is going on and leaves before anything odd happenes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:01 AM
Aerin returns herself and the kender to the Material Plane. You ok? she asks.

AmberVael
2006-12-24, 12:01 AM
Fenix's body collapses into cold, lifeless ashes.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-24, 12:02 AM
Another burst of energy and emotion blasts through the room. It is as if a gust of wind radiates outward from Fenix. Then it goes cold.

((This is Phoenix's manipulation in the room. It is not comming from Fenix.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:02 AM
Iames blinks, that not being one of the results he had expected. Still, he continues to wait.

Kyrian
2006-12-24, 12:03 AM
Iames.... Kyrian sighs, not really knowing anything he can say.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-24, 12:07 AM
CT is healed, and wonders whats been happening

urph..... aerin, was that really mindhunter? is he dead? did i get him?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:08 AM
There wasn't time for him to explain to me what he intended. And I am loath to raise him, because Fenix would eventually have to cede control back to Vael. He sighs and creates an urn. Going over to the ashes, he gathers them into the urn, taking care not to leave a single speck on the ground or on his body. He seals the urn. I had better go and deliver the news to Seren, and offer whtever comfort I can to her and Phoenix. Aerin, are you ready to go?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:09 AM
I don't know, no, and no. He got away. She looks over at Iames. Not quite yet.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-24, 12:10 AM
((This is my real last post for tonight.))
Little one, the war is far from over.
((By the way, nobody posted anything about seeing Magtok do anything.
I think its safe to assume nobody knows of his powers.
CT might, but it also thinks it might be MH))

Kyrian
2006-12-24, 12:10 AM
Iames....I'm going to take Gwen home and raise her there. I'm sorry...

Kyrian picks Gwen up and they vanish.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-24, 12:12 AM
A weaker version of the ealier voice can be heard, but no emotion can be felt.
"I believe that if you raise him it is Vael you are raising. Fenix will return home and choose another to bind to. Then, by his word he will come back. Take the urn to Seren. Give her... my best."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:13 AM
Iames nods. Very well, he answers both Phoenix and Kyrian.

((If Magtok was using psionics, Iames knows. Psionics are part of his portfolio.))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-24, 12:16 AM
the kender hugs aerin

thank you for saving me. whats in the next room? is it exciting?

the kender hops out of her arms and runs towards the noise. it sees everyone,, and becomes sad.

aerin, what happened? who... ireth? IRETH!?!?

IIIIIREEEETH!!!!

who killed him? how did he die?!?!? what.... what happened here!?! where is vael? where is GWEN!!?! WHAT HAPPENED!?!

it falls to the ground and sobs

Lord Magtok
2006-12-24, 12:17 AM
((It was a combo of dimension twisting, psionics, and a skill stolen from a trip to another dimension with some odd Republic and Empire or something. Farce was the power, or something like that.))

((Goodbye for real now))

phoenixineohp
2006-12-24, 12:22 AM
Another voice can be heard as the other vanishes. This one emotes sadness, pity and empathy.
"Will someone please take care of those two? I am unable to do anything tonight, but if you need someone to rez him I am willing when able. And cheer up CT. We will make it better."
A flowing scarf of energy wraps around CT and calming love and happiness is emited.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:23 AM
Vael has died, he killed Gwen. Kyrian took her to be raised, and Vael turned to ashes. I'm not sure about the rest of it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:25 AM
((Ok))

Iames raises Ireth. Aerin, I'll be back shortly. He disappears.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-24, 12:27 AM
the kender feels comforted, and calms down. it starts to cast a series of divinitation spells, and relives the battle without being able to interact at all, within the space of a few muinets

when it comes out of the trance, the only thing stopping it from crying some more is phoenix's(?) warmth and love. it looks around the bullet-ridden, scortche-marked, sword-scratched, time-warped (again!) room, and makes a decision, and oath if you will. it had a vendetta.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:29 AM
Aerin nods to Iames.

Ireth
2006-12-24, 12:31 AM
the twisted, evil body of the drider is unable to accept the neutral good soul of the waiter, ireth. and Ireth ressists anyways,, not wanting to be forced back into the twisted body. in other words, through no fault of iames, the ressuraction fails.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-24, 12:32 AM
((That was Phoenixineohp in the black text. I really hope it doesn't sound like Phoenix there. :s ))

The scarf sticks around CT, and will for the rest of the night. However any other feeling of either of the girl's presence leaves the room.

((I'm off for the night. Neat stuff everyone. And Merry Christmas! Even if that's not your thing!))

AmberVael
2006-12-24, 12:35 AM
((Yes! ALL OF YOU WILL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS WHETHER YOU WANT IT OR NOT!
AHAHAHAHAHA!
*is taken away by protesters*))

CabbageTheif
2006-12-24, 12:36 AM
((i can never keep track of which one is phoenix and which one is phoenixbackwards. and who is peck? i wanna meet peck!))

the kender stays in the room, thinking neutral thoughts about both good and evil people. its alignment, through the night, shifts from neutral good to true neutral as it meditates and decides that nothing matters anymore but its vengence against those who would kill its friends.

it smiles a neutral smile as it takes on the exact alignment of its god,, and feels the power of its god flowing throughout itself.

phoenixineohp
2006-12-24, 12:42 AM
((Hehehehe!))
((Ooooo. Nice. And Yay for another Neutral!))

(( The character stats link in my sig should help straighten things out but Phoenix talks in this red, and Phoenixineohp talks in plain black text. And then there should be personality things you can pick up besides that. The girls are oddly similar, but there are large differences at the same time. And peck chrips in this red, just like my other minor and supporting but important characters (the familiars, Asher and Sirius). She will be comming back as soon as I master keeping everyone divided. CT will love her I think. I know she'll love CT. :D When I get a complete sig it should help too. :) ))

((Anyways, Night!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:48 AM
Aerin begins to meditate.

CabbageTheif
2006-12-24, 12:51 AM
CT leaves aerin, hugging her meditative form before portalling out to trogs.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 12:57 AM
Aerin continues to meditate.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 01:48 AM
Iames appears in the hall. Aerin, let's go home. He sounds tired.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 01:50 AM
Aerin looks up from her meditation. Yes. She gets up and puts her arms around him.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 01:50 AM
They disappear.

AmberVael
2007-01-16, 11:15 AM
With a shrieking and howling sound, a flickering light shines and Ayral suddenly reforms. He looks down at himself, amazed that he lives again...
I had not foreseen this...
Something tugs at his mind, and he snarls and looks up, then vanishes. Not flickering out, just teleporting away.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-25, 08:01 PM
Phoenix appears in the middle of the hall. She looks around and starts to walk towards the spot where Fenix/Vael were. As she gets closer she leans against the wall. A few moment pass before Phoenixineohp arrives.

"What are you doing here of all places?"
"Just thinking. I would have thought you would be glad I came by."
"Hey, I'm all for healthy healing and not exploding, but this could be too much."
"Whatever." She slides down the wall and sits, apparently in a sour mood.
Phoenixineohp sighs and sits next to her.

"Things are getting busy aren't they?"
"I almost miss home."
"Thats scary."

They get quiet as they fall deeper into thought.

"We should get a group together for the lich."
"How does that happen? How much do you have to kill a guy for him to stay dead? Ridiculous." Phoenix shakes her head, exasperated.
"We'll just kill him again. And make sure he stays that way."
Phoenix smiles. "Killing a lich. Wonderful."

Some more time passes as they sit quietly and think.

"What about the wolves? Now that they have been in town..."
"Ugh. Stupid bard."
"You know she didn't mean to have that happen."
"I know, I know. It's just frustrating that he has another up on us.... Alex seems pretty happy with her."
"I think he is."
"That's nice." Phoenixineohp looks at her and sees that she is being honest.
"I'm sure that he would like to know that you want him to be happy, and not, well, dead."
Phoenix smiles a bit and doesn't say anything for a while.

"And what are you going to do about that squirt trying to kill Atreyu?"
"I don't know what I can do. Terrorize her for terrorizing him maybe."
"Guess you gotta wait that one out. See what happens."
Phoenixineohp sighs deeply.
"Hey, least yours is around."
"He said he'd come back."
"We'll see."
"What are you going to do if he doesn't?"
Phoenix looks down and doesn't answer. She looks over to the spot where Fenix had been.
"Maybe you should bring Sirius around. You know, have some company."
"Mmmm. Good idea. Think Aesa will like him?"
"Do I think he will like her?"
Phoenix smiles a little and Phoenixineohp follows suit watching her.
"Come on, lets go to the tavern. You can summon Sirius on the way."
"You could bring Asher around too. He's probably getting sick of trying to speak to Peck."
"Hehehe. Poor guy. Not her fault she can't talk." They smile and chuckle a bit as they get up and brush themselves off.

"Ready?"
"Ready? I'll beat you there!" Phoenixineohp laughs as Phoenix sticks her tongue out just before she vanishes. Shaking her head she disappears by her own teleport spell and the hall falls quiet again.

AmberVael
2007-01-28, 02:36 AM
A ponderous, spinning of ashes and dust begins, whirling in a circle around where Fenix and Vael died. Slowly they close in tighter and spin fast, then form a shell of a man. This shell begins to take a more definite and substantial shape, then fills in entirely.
Fenix opens his eyes and breathes in the air, feeling to sting of his failure, but his binding promise to return anyways.
He stands then has a sudden realization.
Oh by the divine, how the hell do I get out of here?
He thinks for a moment, then shakes his head.
Please let this work... Iames?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-28, 02:39 AM
Iames appears. Hm? Oh, hello Fenix. Do you know where Vael is? I got the note about a month ago, but I haven't seen him.

AmberVael
2007-01-28, 02:39 AM
Fenix looks at his feet.
We... we failed.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-28, 02:47 AM
Oh... I see. Iames sighs. Well, let's get out of here and you can tell me more, if there's more to tell, once we're elsewhere. Where would you like to go?

AmberVael
2007-01-28, 02:53 AM
Well... Trog's, I guess.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-28, 02:55 AM
Iames nods. My prime self is there already. He opens a portal to Trog's.

AmberVael
2007-01-28, 02:59 AM
Fenix goes through the portal.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-28, 03:01 AM
The portal closes behind him, and then Iames disappears.